Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Hi @veneman My name is also Carlos and I'm from El Salvador. I hope this group would be more international :)

Thanks guys for the info about Singapore, I would like your help about 2 thing:

1) Life with a family in Singapore

2) The prospect job after the MPP

Thanks!

Honestly I was also looking already what to expect after the two years, but I think, the answer is very clear:

MPP is such a super wide field and there are plenty of ways you can go. It is very depending on your focus, your previous background and also where you spend your internships or stays abroad.

But we all can be sure for one thing: we will have high chances to get good jobs. We are touching a field which is highly demanded in international organizations like the UN or also governmental agencies. But also private sector is looking for people with those skills.

And honestly: we will study on one of the best universities in the world and a reputated institute, so don't worry guys!

Hey guys! Anyone mailed the acceptance form yet (post office sort of mail)? Should we send everything by mail - medical forms included or just the acceptance form? Confused! Also did anyone get the hardcopy of the offer letter? They got my address wrong, I will have to ask them to mail it again :(

Hi Aselle,

I called them today and they said we have to scan acceptance form, subsidy, financial means, and medical report and then send the hard copy (of all these forms) later via post office. 

I hope this helps,

Best

Hello fellow, soon-to-be LKY, crew :)

I was just wondering whether anyone that has submitted their letters/forms of acceptance received any confirmation of receipt? 

Thanks!

Hello fellow, soon-to-be LKY, crew :)

I was just wondering whether anyone that has submitted their letters/forms of acceptance received any confirmation of receipt? 

Thanks!

I got a receipt cause I sent it to the wrong email address.  LKyadmissions instead of LKYadcom.

Man, I sent mine a couple of days ago and haven't heard from them yet. They were probably busy replying to you people :D  

Guys, do I send two copies of chest x-ray - for uni AND ICA or just the one?

Just got the invitation for the diagnostic test. Hope I am not a complete math and econ dummy.

Edited by Aselle

I sent my documents yesterday with DHL and although they have received it today already, they didn't inform me again. But I think the guys are busy with eveurhkng so it is ok for me.

I'm sending both sheets that ask for health stuff, but I'm with you in being kind of confused about the ICA form... (especially the Declaration at the bottom which seems to be something you only sign if you already have legal residence in Singapore) 

Can I ask all of you applying to LKYSPP?

1) when you were waiting for a result, what does the status appear on GDA2 application system? E.g. physical application verified? Or?

2) when you received the offer email or the offer postal letter; what did it change to?

3) Does anyone receive an offer via a standard postal mail?

4) If it was sent by email, what did it say on the subject of the email? And did you have to go to GDA2 to log in for the result?

Many thanks.

@Porkman, the same confusion I have, so I emailed them but no answer, I guess I will just have to send (via post office) without filling out DECLARATION section? idk! 

also if anyone knows, do we have to send the X-ray as well (its kinda big). 

thanks

@Porkman, the same confusion I have, so I emailed them but no answer, I guess I will just have to send (via post office) without filling out DECLARATION section? idk! 

also if anyone knows, do we have to send the X-ray as well (its kinda big). 

thanks

I don't think they'd make you send the x ray film itself.

It's not helpful.

1) It would require them to have a radiologist on call in the admissions department for three weeks.

2)  The only reason would be to check for the off chance that a student has TB, got a local doctor to lie and say the xray is clear, then sent in the real x ray that shows they have TB where the doctor in Singapore can catch it.  

People, I have send over the scanned copies of the medical report today. But I will have to wait till the end of the month before I mail them the originals as I am back to my work location and there is no international courier service here. Any idea what is the deadline to send the documents by post?

@CS_MPP, I called them like last week and they said, there is no defined deadline for the documents to sent, EXCEPT for the Medical Report form for ICA (Immigration and Checkpoint Authority) one, we should at least send it 3 months before our departure to and/or arrival in Singapore.

I hope this helps,

Thanks Maawarinu! I am yet to get my date for diagnostics tests. I would ideally like to attend the refresher course on economics before the actual course. Has everyone got their dates?

Can we form a closed group in facebook or something to update us on the next steps like VISA and all?

@Maawarinu

The there months for the ICA medial form is not correct. On the form, you find the information, that the tests for the medical examination should not be older than 3 months. This is it...