Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Has anyone else who received the admissions email received any info on financial aid (besides Rudolph?)? 

I have emailed the admissions team regarding their timeline to release decisions on financial aid.. but no one has replied!!! =( 

I am getting very anxious.. I don't know why are they releasing decisions so late, when all other universities (US, UK) have mostly released decisions (as early as early February!!) with financial aid information. 

The deadline for U.S. universities is 15 April.. the clock is ticking!

Hi all,

i received the admission letter today and I also don't receive any scholarship. Or at least there is nothing in the admission letter which provides information.

I will call the admission head tomorrow to verify that. And I also don't know how I should send the acceptance form and other documents by April 9.

I can understand that they want to know if we going to accept that. But I can't proof the tuition fees and living expenses yet. And I also not able to take medical exams in that time period.

It is really confusing and I don't know how they think, that people without tons of money should handle that so easily.

They provided financial means, acceptance confirmation, then a document that I am aware that I receive subsidized tuition fees, and medical examinations which contains almost everything like urine, xray of chest and blood.

I also hope that there is still hope to receive ant financial aid.

Hello everybody,

Namir, I also received the official letter of admission together with the exact documents.

In this case, I don't know what to think. I hope that there is still the chance to receive the financial aid.

Best,

GIOMAR

You also received no definitely information? Ok, I can't imagine that there are only unlucky people here with no financial aid.

I was also thinking if they will still send another email with funding info, but the decision to accept the admission offer or not depends massively of funding.

Friday afternoon I called the admissions manager in charge of my country, he said the official letter with funding info should be out early this week (Mon or Tue). But he was very helpful.

Edited by emag

Ohh could I ask those who are also waiting for funding info whether you guys work for the public sector?

For my case I am working for the public sector, and considering my income, I won't be able to afford LKY school without the financial assistance.

Well, I worked more or less for public, but research institutes and also private sector.

Honestly, I would be willing to take a loan for the tuition fees, but the living expenses are also heavy. So I am thinking right now how to do everything.

@enmag, so you haven't received the official admission letter yet. And I assume, that only there we will find funding info? Or is there another, separate email?

Edited by namir

Hi guys, nice to meet u all here. I am Breeze from Hong Kong, I received the offer on 20 March, but no info about official offer letter and financial aid. 

Good luck with u all and hope to see u in the Singapore.

Hello at all,

ok, after having a nice talk with the admission head, I have the following information:

they have provided the first batch of scholarships to the people and as for now, that is it for now. BUT, if those people are rejecting or not accepting (kind of the same) the admission, then they can provide the scholarships (and grants and other financial help) again.

So, there is still a hope for all those people who haven't received any information within the admission letter.

And by the way: yes, in has to be in the admission letter, otherwise, there is no financial aid.

So, now the bunch of documents: people who want to accept the offer should provide what they can provide. For the medical or financial means statement, there is more time than the deadline mentioned in the admission letter.

So, this is it.

Now we have to think about our decisions...