Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

Agree with the rest. The case study is not complicated - if you are shortlisted you should be able to do the case study with no problems. =D

It's been almost a month since my Skype interview.. and reading from the thread, it seems that no one has been contacted about the diagnostic tests yet? 

Am tempted to contact LKY to ask.. has anyone contacted them?

@ vhym06

I am feeling the same and although I am always the first who is following up, I think in that case, it is more or less useless.

They told me, they are getting back to me in the third week of March, which is next week. So I will wait (although it burns under all my nails) until then.

I am also always checking the graduate admission system where we all submitted our applications, but so far there is still the same status "physical application verified".

Although we forum poster are just a small minority, I also think, that nobody has received a rejection or admission already.

@namir

How have you been accessing the graduate admission system on the LKY website? I haven't been able to access it since the application deadline got over.

It would be great if you could let us know this!

They told me during the interview, that the diagnostic tests are supposed to test the skill level of the people. And in case someone is not good in English or math, he or she has to come earlier for some refreshing course.

I am not sure, if this is a sign that someone is rejected in case he is not receiving that. But since nobody has received it yet, I really guess, they haven't decided yet also.

Edited by namir

Hi all,

I emailed LKY asking about the diagnostic tests and timeline for admissions decisions.. and they responded that the interviews are continuing on a rolling basis. And the following information :

Quote :

For applicants following up on  their respective applications :

Successful candidates/applicants will receive an e-mail re informing them that they are being offered admission – this e-mail notification  will be sent out starting this week.

Successful candidates with scholarship offers , will also receive a different e-mail notifications.

Unsuccessful applicants can monitor and  look at their online application status in the website from time to time- while awaiting their status.   

Unquote

I assume the decisions this week will be for the first round of candidates?

Hope this helps provide insight!! I am waiting anxiously too. Good luck everyone!

I think as long as the first batch did not get interviewed first on the basis of them being at the top of the merit list but rather on the basis of some logistical factor you could be right. Considering that they historically have sorted applications by country I think there is still hope for the rest of us :)

I think the same. 

It would surprise me when they take money from their grant pot and spend it and once it is empty, they are "just" admitting.

I think, they are already aware who has the best chances to get funding or aid and then they approach them.

Hi all, @Mark31,

in the same email from LKY (I emailed them several times, to two different accounts - in the past 2 weeks, in my attempt to find more info..):

Quote:

"For the diagnostics tests, as they are diagnostic in nature, they do not affect your admission decision. They are meant to appraise the level of proficiency , so that we at the School, can help/assist to enhance or improve  the proficiency , before they attend the formal courses.

The tests is planned also this week or next week latest , after we release the results of admissions."

Unquote

Hope this helps! Haven't heard anything from them regarding admissions yet, and checking my application account shows no change to my status.

Any recommendations on how to prepare for the skype-interview?

I have some familiarity with case studies in business situations, though most of my experiences is comprised where strategic decisions have to be made with very limited information.  I am not sure if it will be similar here in making organized policy recommendations based on abstract, disorganized, and limited data.

Any recommendations on how to prepare for the skype-interview?

I have some familiarity with case studies in business situations, though most of my experiences is comprised where strategic decisions have to be made with very limited information.  I am not sure if it will be similar here in making organized policy recommendations based on abstract, disorganized, and limited data.

Hi silentwolf360, most interviews by uni's will ask the basics -

1. why do you want to study the MPP/MPA/etc? 

2. questions on your background - asking for more details into a specific experience

3. what are your future plans

4. getting to know you - your core values, strengths, key achievements, weaknesses etc

If you're certain about yourself and why you want to study (whichever course you've chosen).. you'll do fine. =D

good luck!