Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

On 2/28/2020 at 6:14 AM, cee123 said:

how was it?  @OVi_:)

The interview was mainly about a case study (some policy-related article and questions based on this article: nothing extremely difficult, just need to be attentive) and several questions about my motivation to study at LKY SPP. The interviewer was a faculty member and was very nice.  20 minutes for preparation + around 20 minutes of conversation. 

And yours? :)

10 hours ago, OVi_ said:

The interview was mainly about a case study (some policy-related article and questions based on this article: nothing extremely difficult, just need to be attentive) and several questions about my motivation to study at LKY SPP. The interviewer was a faculty member and was very nice.  20 minutes for preparation + around 20 minutes of conversation. 

And yours? :)

@OVi_ haven't heard from them yet hehe. hoping for the best for you :) 

My interview was similar to @OVi_'s. I expected questions about my essay actually, but was surprised nothing was asked about it. Was asked about the case study and my motivation to study as well. Took around 15 minutes for the interview portion. Tone was good, so I'm feeling ok. Was just a little shocked as I was expecting a rapid fire of questions I had arduously prepped for ?.

Fingers crossed!

Edited by chewbakkwa
Wrong person tagged

23 hours ago, chewbakkwa said:

Early april onward. I hope you hear from them too, @cee123! @Jamy with Singapore's partnership with ASEAN countries, I'd think if you get in there's a pretty high chance of getting a full scholarship. 

Thank you for the reply. I have another question which was not discussed in the previous discussion, i.e., if an applicant is invited for an interview, does it mean that he or she has higher chance to get admitted than those who weren't invited ?? Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Jamy

On 3/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, Jamy said:

Thank you for the reply. I have another question which was not discussed in the previous discussion, i.e., if an applicant is invited for an interview, does it mean that he or she has higher chance to get admitted than those who weren't invited ?? Thank you in advance. 

I can't answer this conclusively, but I've read from previous replies that there are some that get admitted without having been invited for interviews.

Those that weren't invited fall into two pools - definite acceptance and definite rejection.

Those that were invited fall into - likely to be invited and likely to be rejected.

Since more people get in through interviews than direct admission, you could say that you have a higher chance of getting in if you've secured an interview.

38 minutes ago, chewbakkwa said:

I can't answer this conclusively, but I've read from previous replies that there are some that get admitted without having been invited for interviews.

Those that weren't invited fall into two pools - definite acceptance and definite rejection.

Those that were invited fall into - likely to be invited and likely to be rejected.

Since more people get in through interviews than direct admission, you could say that you have a higher chance of getting in if you've secured an interview.

Thank you for the information. I will keep you posted if I have been accepted. Have a wonderful day ahead.

16 hours ago, Jamy said:

Thank you for the information. I will keep you posted if I have been accepted. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Wish you the best man. Which ASEAN nation are you from? I'm from Singapore myself...

4 hours ago, cee123 said:

were you interviewed? i was told results would come out from mid to late march.

I wasn't. The admissions committee says that due to the covid outbreak, the admissions are held up. The office will alert students between now and end of May.

1 hour ago, Dewy96 said:

I wasn't. The admissions committee says that due to the covid outbreak, the admissions are held up. The office will alert students between now and end of May.

ah i see. i emailed them back in late feb. 

an even longer wait then, but that's okay - safety first for everybody. 

Greetings and thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the admissions process are held up due to the CoVid mayhem. We are working as fast as we could to complete the process. The admissions office will update the status between now till the end of May.

Best Regards,

Louis LOW (Mr)

Coordinating Head of Regions

Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore

11 hours ago, Joy_ride said:

Greetings and thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the admissions process are held up due to the CoVid mayhem. We are working as fast as we could to complete the process. The admissions office will update the status between now till the end of May.

Best Regards,

Louis LOW (Mr)

Coordinating Head of Regions

Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore

Thank you for reverting back to me...The admissions have notified to me via email that, they will start updating the status from the late of March onward...I hereby looking forward for the result. All the best to everyone!!

18 minutes ago, ohdannyboy said:

Did anyone receive an email update already? I've been checking my email everyday and the application website, and still no update.

As far as I know, no one has received the update so far. I don't know what happened. After all, they told us before that some admission information will be released at the end of March......

1 hour ago, Abel24 said:

As far as I know, no one has received the update so far. I don't know what happened. After all, they told us before that some admission information will be released at the end of March......

It's odd that the school is taking a while to process applicants despite an earlier deadline compared to US grad schools regardless of the current situation (Covid-19 virus). I guess there are just more applicants relative to US public policy schools. 

15 hours ago, ohdannyboy said:

It's odd that the school is taking a while to process applicants despite an earlier deadline compared to US grad schools regardless of the current situation (Covid-19 virus). I guess there are just more applicants relative to US public policy schools. 

They don't even reply the mail now... Hope the results come out soon.