Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

2 hours ago, SoftKitty said:

Hey! 

How much time did they give you to accept the offer? I am just trying to calculate that when would the offers to the next batch be sent.

Thanks!

Hello, you havent heard any news about the result?

1 minute ago, HanhPh said:

Yeah me either. Status is NA too. Do you know when the next batch is? And Can I know when you got interviewed? 

I wasn't interviewed. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about it ;)

I don't know but the last batch was given offers on 15 April, the first one was given offers on 1 April (and someone told that they give ~2 weeks to accept the offer).

Hence if the offer activity hasn't been impacted by COVID-19; next batch should have their inbox hit around 30 April.

Please can you share your background? Did you write the GRE? Do you know people with what kind of profile tend to get admitted with a full financial aid (is there some trend)?

1 hour ago, HanhPh said:

Yeah me either. Status is NA too. Do you know when the next batch is? And Can I know when you got interviewed? 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:07 PM, kaedubs said:

Hmm yeah, and costs of living in Singapore aren't exactly Low too. Where are you from? :)

And yes, my concerns are yours too! I live here, but I don't fancy having to pay off debt for years, especially with other life commitments coming up in the next few years. With no guarantee of a high-paying job - or even a job at all - after graduation, it's too huge a risk to take. The only thing really, that's stopping me from going ahead is the cost. There are benefits to this degree yes, but the risks and costs are too high.

I'm waiting on a reply from my company at this point, as I'm currently already on unpaid leave. Depending on the outlook for return to the company then, I'll be able to make a better choice.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, cee123 said:

Not from SG.. so on top of the tuition fee, i have also to consider the cost of living worth 2 years.

i don't think getting a part-time job while being there is easy and enough. just the thought of being buried in student loan debt scares me so much. i've heard enough horror stories about it ? if i had a high-paying job offer waiting for me after finishing it, then maybe, again, i would reconsider. but the reality is - no. 

I really hope you're able to come up with the best decision on this :) 

On 4/17/2020 at 9:49 AM, Abel24 said:

I was interviewed on 14 Feb and rejected on 15 April. No specific reason, just said "Due to keen competition for the limited number of places in the school".?

On 4/17/2020 at 3:11 AM, chinmayqaz said:

Hi, Congrats  to you . I just wanted to ask....what is the value of stipend ? 

On 4/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, OVi_ said:

Hi! 

I received an offer and full scholarship (tuition fee waiver and stipend) for MPP yesterday. Super happy, it's been a long journey for me! If anyone else here plans to join the MPP for AY 2020/2022, I will be glad to hear from you in direct messages :)

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and to those looking at other opportunities! 

On 4/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, Jamy said:

Were you interviewed???? And did they give you any specific reason for rejecting your application?

On 4/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, Jamy said:

Enough of waiting for LKYSPP!! They are taking excess of time, as it surprises me their poor management skills. Anyways, I am on a full-ride with University of Oxford, and it has been accepted with a full-scholarship by Clarendon.. Good bye LKYSPP (NUS) and Good luck to all those who are still waiting for results. 

On 4/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, cee123 said:

Curious.. you deferred first then they emailed you about the grant? How many days before they replied?

On 4/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, sense8 said:

Not personally. But based on earliest posts, MIA offers began rolling out in late Feb.

On 4/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, chinmayqaz said:

HI, 

Thanks for your Support. i too got my MPA admission deferred tpo next year....and  today got a email from LKY offering 10k SG$ grant over the international fees.... still my financial calculation is not matching...... and will stick to deferment.....will try for external scholarships....i am from India ....need some help in finding links for external scholarships....

Thanks in Advance..

On 4/15/2020 at 8:43 PM, Daniyal1986 said:

I got the offer of MPA with tution fee waiver. Didn't get the stipend though. In 2017, I had received full scholarship for MPP unfortunately couldn't proceed. What happens from here? Which one is better MPP or MPA? 

On 4/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, Abel24 said:

I received a rejection mail this afternoon, good luck to you all.

Hi guys,

I’ve seen tons of posts on this forum regarding MPP applications, funding, application status etc.

In order to ease communication and facilitate easier access of information, I am creating a WhatApp group. This group is targeted towards:

·         Those still looking out for results/applying this year again

·         Those who have been admitted and would be happy to guide the ones in need of guidance.

In case you are interested, please share your WhatsApp number by quoting this post.

1 hour ago, SoftKitty said:

I wasn't interviewed. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about it ;)

I don't know but the last batch was given offers on 15 April, the first one was given offers on 1 April (and someone told that they give ~2 weeks to accept the offer).

Hence if the offer activity hasn't been impacted by COVID-19; next batch should have their inbox hit around 30 April.

Please can you share your background? Did you write the GRE? Do you know people with what kind of profile tend to get admitted with a full financial aid (is there some trend)?

So If we dont get any result by 30 April it means a refusal right:)) Because the school said that result will be announced between April and May, I dont know whether good news can come in May or not.

I’m working for a government agency. I dont know any trends about admission.

Just now, HanhPh said:

So If we dont get any result by 30 April it means a refusal right:)) Because the school said that result will be announced between April and May, I dont know whether good news can come in May or not.

I’m working for a government agency. I dont know any trends about admission.

No no. I have been informed (by LKY) that this exercise of sending offers lasts for ~1.5 months. Therefore, the last offer should come around mid-May...

13 minutes ago, SoftKitty said:

No no. I have been informed (by LKY) that this exercise of sending offers lasts for ~1.5 months. Therefore, the last offer should come around mid-May...

Ohhh I see. Thanks for your information.

Good luck to you!

2 minutes ago, HanhPh said:

Good luck to you!

Thanks, to you too!

I’ve seen tons of posts on this forum regarding MPP applications, funding, application status etc.

In order to ease communication and facilitate easier access of information, I am creating a WhatApp group. This group is targeted towards:

·         Those still looking out for results/applying this year again

·         Those who have been admitted and would be happy to guide the ones in need of guidance.

In case you are interested, please share your WhatsApp number by quoting this post.

20 hours ago, SoftKitty said:

Hey! 

How much time did they give you to accept the offer? I am just trying to calculate that when would the offers to the next batch be sent.

Thanks!

Maybe they'll send out the next batch by early May (if not end of April).

Some here got it on the 1st. I got mine on the 16th - though it was for MIA.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, HanhPh said:

Good luck to you!

The good part is that you haven't received a rejection as yet! Quite a few people have been rejected already. Hence it's fair to assume that you stand a change (as of now)....

4 hours ago, SoftKitty said:

The good part is that you haven't received a rejection as yet! Quite a few people have been rejected already. Hence it's fair to assume that you stand a change (as of now)....

I dont know but I think good offers come earlier. I just know only one in this forum got rejected. 

15 minutes ago, HanhPh said:

I dont know but I think good offers come earlier. I just know only one in this forum got rejected. 

That's true but rejection must also be taking place in batches (I am pretty sure that they wouldn't be rejecting individually)

Plus many of the applicants prefer to go to the US etc. so several of the initial offers made are potentially declined. 

The chances of scholarship are apparently higher initially, but late offers are not always without financial aid... Let's see. Do let us know in case your application status changes.

All the best!

40 minutes ago, milktea00 said:

Hi guys. I'm an applicant of MPP program.

Have not heard any words from them as well. Just curious, are you guys, who have not received any offer/rejection, are from ASEAN member countries? 

I am from India - current status NA. The wait is killing me. 

35 minutes ago, SoftKitty said:

It's a public holiday in Singapore today, so I'm not sure if any offers will be sent out today. Perhaps next Monday, some may start to hear from the school again?

All the best to everyone who's still waiting!

11 minutes ago, kaedubs said:

It's a public holiday in Singapore today, so I'm not sure if any offers will be sent out today. Perhaps next Monday, some may start to hear from the school again?

All the best to everyone who's still waiting!

Thanks for the info! 

·         Those who have been admitted and would be happy to guide the ones in need of guidance.

In case you are interested, please share your WhatsApp number by quoting this post.

44 minutes ago, SoftKitty said:

Yes, it simply takes too long. I assume it could be either they are waiting for some institutions, maybe the ADB, to update them with the scholarship decision, or they have plotted the quota for each country and we are on the waiting list--the accepted ones might have given their answers, but maybe the NUS still reserves some applicants (maybe one or two) just in case if someone decided to cancel the offer along the way. Anyhow, we have a bigger chance if it's the first reason, and some slim chance if it's the latter. 

On 5/1/2020 at 3:45 AM, SoftKitty said:

Thanks for the info! 

Edited by telkanuru
removed number at user request

2 hours ago, milktea00 said:

Yes, it simply takes too long. I assume it could be either they are waiting for some institutions, maybe the ADB, to update them with the scholarship decision, or they have plotted the quota for each country and we are on the waiting list--the accepted ones might have given their answers, but maybe the NUS still reserves some applicants (maybe one or two) just in case if someone decided to cancel the offer along the way. Anyhow, we have a bigger chance if it's the first reason, and some slim chance if it's the latter. 

Well I can't attend without financial aid :( so let's see. 

Ideally NUS should give out a schedule to the applicants so that they know on which date the BATCH will receive the offer and how many batches are there.

Over a month of waiting after putting alot of effort in the application is frustrating.