Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

5 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

Anybody from MIA heard anything? I know that, due to covid-19 all the procedures were postponed... but the anxiety is killing me ?

Anyone over here who's done an MIA interview before? What can we expect? Do they hand out case studies and excerpts similar to MPP interviews? What kind of case studies have they given people in the past? I have mine next Wednesday

Any insight on this would be great! :) 

12 minutes ago, Chevyyy195 said:

hey ? 

im from mexico :) you?

From the Philippines. And I’m not sure if they’re doing the interviews per country or region. I’m getting anxious actually haha!

Edited by Mr. X9946

6 minutes ago, Nidhi00156 said:

How was it? Did they ask you to do a case study or only personal questions? Any tips for people going into their interviews soon? :) 

Nice and quick!? 15 minutes. Consisted of 3 parts: 1- personal questions about background and why I wanted to study at LKYSPP. 2- Case study questions which they sent me a long with the case study 30 minutes prior to the interview 3- I was given the opportunity to ask questions

the case study was easy and the questions were pretty straightforward. You will find all the answers in the paragraphs (except for the last one I had to perform mathematical calculations but pretty straightforward ones)

the interviewer was a faculty member. Really nice and kind. Just relax and you will do great! 

4 minutes ago, Gifty_79 said:

Nice and quick!? 15 minutes. Consisted of 3 parts: 1- personal questions about background and why I wanted to study at LKYSPP. 2- Case study questions which they sent me a long with the case study 30 minutes prior to the interview 3- I was given the opportunity to ask questions

the case study was easy and the questions were pretty straightforward. You will find all the answers in the paragraphs (except for the last one I had to perform mathematical calculations but pretty straightforward ones)

the interviewer was a faculty member. Really nice and kind. Just relax and you will do great! 

I'm glad it went well! 

Thank you, really helpful!!  : ) 

5 minutes ago, Mr. X9946 said:

From the Philippines. And I’m not sure if they’re doing the interviews per country or region. I’m getting anxious actually haha!

hahaha i know, the waiting is the worst.

idk how they arrange the interviews, also i’ve been looking for a reference or someone that had studied at LKY here in mexico or latinamerica but no luck yet. :( 

Just now, Chevyyy195 said:

hahaha i know, the waiting is the worst.

idk how they arrange the interviews, also i’ve been looking for a reference or someone that had studied at LKY here in mexico or latinamerica but no luck yet. :( 

I guess they just started sending out invitations to applicants last week. I’m also looking for Filipinos in the group and hopefully we’ll get our emails next week. 

22 hours ago, Gifty_79 said:

Hi, just wondering if your interview was for MIA or MPP? 

Hi everyone, it seems that most of you applied for the professional schools offered by LKYSPP. I wonder if anyone here applied for the PhD program and got the interview invitation? I am scheduled to have one next week and not sure what to expect - both in terms of the nature of the interview and the statistics behind being invited to the interview. 

Hi all! I just wanted to share that I previously got accepted to the MIA program (not this year) without having been invited for an interview. I got my offer letter in the month of May. I hope this helps those wondering about acceptance in relation to the interview and the timelines. Goodluck! ? 

On 3/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, orcrfeangior said:

Hi all! I just wanted to share that I previously got accepted to the MIA program (not this year) without having been invited for an interview. I got my offer letter in the month of May. I hope this helps those wondering about acceptance in relation to the interview and the timelines. Goodluck! ? 

thank you very much!! i noticed most of the applicants here are for MPP that’s why i was a little worried about the procedure for MIA and whatnot. 

i suppose in the same letter they tell you about financial help, amirite? 

3 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

thank you very much!! i noticed most of the applicants here are for MPP that’s why i was a little worried about the procedure for MIA and whatnot. 

Hi there! I also applied to the MIA program and received my letter of acceptance today, sadly with no funding. They must have started sending letters for the MIA program along with interview invitations. Not sure if this helps, good luck to everyone here :)

5 minutes ago, Mymoon00 said:

Hi there! I also applied to the MIA program and received my letter of acceptance today, sadly with no funding. They must have started sending letters for the MIA program along with interview invitations. Not sure if this helps, good luck to everyone here :)

Damn, that sucks :( i know that feeling, i was also accepted at the University of Amsterdam, but with no funding... 

thanks ? 

42 minutes ago, Mymoon00 said:

congrats! did you also get interviewed?

9 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

I didn’t get financial assistance but yes, I’m assuming that if aid is extended, it’ll be included in your offer letter! ?

On 3/11/2021 at 3:30 PM, Mymoon00 said:

I also applied the MIA programme for 2021 fall but still haven’t received any email regarding the interview. I’m from China and have seen someone post his/her offer on a Chinese forum. So anxious ? 

On 3/11/2021 at 12:18 PM, Chevyyy195 said:

It seems that the saying that not every enrolled student will be interviewed is true. Did you get scholarship from LKYSPP please?