Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

On 5/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, kaedubs said:

It's a public holiday in Singapore today, so I'm not sure if any offers will be sent out today. Perhaps next Monday, some may start to hear from the school again?

All the best to everyone who's still waiting!

Nothing toady as well :( It's Monday now

On 4/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, Jamy said:

Enough of waiting for LKYSPP!! They are taking excess of time, as it surprises me their poor management skills. Anyways, I am on a full-ride with University of Oxford, and it has been accepted with a full-scholarship by Clarendon.. Good bye LKYSPP (NUS) and Good luck to all those who are still waiting for results. 

Hi Jamy!

Hope you are doing well and many congratulations on your admit to Oxford.

I've created a WhatsApp group for MPA/MPP applicants. We're ~10 people right now and all would greatly benefit from your guidance regarding Oxford application and MPP applications in general. I would be grateful if you would consider joining the group here: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JU6afHqbWOCDy2gjCVBamt

Best,

SK

On 4/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, OVi_ said:

Hi! 

I received an offer and full scholarship (tuition fee waiver and stipend) for MPP yesterday. Super happy, it's been a long journey for me! If anyone else here plans to join the MPP for AY 2020/2022, I will be glad to hear from you in direct messages :)

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and to those looking at other opportunities! 

Hi OVi!

Hope you are doing well and many congratulations on your admission to LKY.

I've created a WhatsApp group for MPA/MPP applicants. We're ~10 people right now and all would greatly benefit from your guidance regarding the MPP application. I would be grateful if you would consider joining the group here: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JU6afHqbWOCDy2gjCVBamt

Best,

SK

On 5/13/2020 at 1:52 AM, chinmayqaz said:

HI, Good Eve!

Anyone has an idea if sessions are going to begin on August 1 or will be delayed ? any indication from LKY school ?

What is the current situation in school ? virtual classes ?

Thanks in advance

I messaged them a few weeks ago  and got this response 

"

At this stage, the School is proceeding with AY2020 intake starting in August.

The School is deliberating on strategies to minimise the disruptions as best possible while keeping in mind the advisories and measures that are issued by the various governmental agencies. There may be a possibility of conducting the course through e-learning if the COVID-19 situation continues or worsens. We will advise admitted students accordingly when the information is available."

3 hours ago, CrashBand said:

I messaged them a few weeks ago  and got this response 

"

At this stage, the School is proceeding with AY2020 intake starting in August.

The School is deliberating on strategies to minimise the disruptions as best possible while keeping in mind the advisories and measures that are issued by the various governmental agencies. There may be a possibility of conducting the course through e-learning if the COVID-19 situation continues or worsens. We will advise admitted students accordingly when the information is available."

Hope you are doing well and many congratulations on your admission to LKY.

I've created a WhatsApp group for MPA/MPP applicants. We're ~20 people right now and all would greatly benefit from your guidance regarding the MPP application. I would be grateful if you would consider joining the group here: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JU6afHqbWOCDy2gjCVBamt

Best,

SK

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I’m sorry if there’s another thread with the same subject, I couldn’t not find it.

Was wondering if anybody knows how hard is to get into this program and into NUS in general. I applied like a month and a half ago and everything went fine, the admissions unit told me they will notify me in case I need to do an interview most likely in february, and then, results will come out in batches from april-may.

A little about my profile/background:

- Bachelors degree with honors in International Relations at National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)

- GPA: 3.7/4 or 9.25/10 (mexican grading system)

- Academic exchange at University of São Paulo (USP). Also completed two postgraduate workshops in IR and Political Science. 

- Work experience:  Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Undersecretariat of Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights.

- Don’t know if it counts but as my undergraduate project I carried out a thesis. 

Thanks in advance :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chevyyy195 said:

I’m sorry if there’s another thread with the same subject, I couldn’t not find it.

Was wondering if anybody knows how hard is to get into this program and into NUS in general. I applied like a month and a half ago and everything went fine, the admissions unit told me they will notify me in case I need to do an interview most likely in february, and then, results will come out in batches from april-may.

- Bachelors degree with honors in International Relations at National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)

- GPA: 3.7/4 or 9.25/10 (mexican grading system)

- Academic exchange at University of São Paulo (USP). Also completed two postgraduate workshops in IR and Political Science. 

- Work experience:  Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Undersecretariat of Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights.

- Don’t know if it counts but as my undergraduate project I carried out a thesis. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Hey, did'ja hear back from them?

Hey - so I was admitted to the MBA/MPA (dual degree) program for 2018/2019. Unfortunately didn't get funding so I couldn't accept the admissions offer. I have applied again this year for the MPA at LKYSPP. 

- Bachelors degree in law from the Lahore University of Management Sciences (Ranked in the top 3 in Pakistan)

- GPA: 2.95/4

- 10+ years of work experience in development consulting with local organizations receiving donor funding and with international development consultancy firms. Have primarily concentrated on access to justice and rule of law reform.

I was interviewed in February 2017 and had my offer of admission by the end of March 2018. The timelines this year are clearly going to be different. 

Emailed them a couple of days ago on what the next steps in the process were and got this exact response: "The final outcome of the admissions will be released to the applicants by batches via email from April onwards. if you are required to attend an interview, you will be informed via email between February and March. Please note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

Would love to hear from folks who have received an email to schedule an interview. 

Edited by OmarM

10 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

nada :( they said they will get in contact in february in case i needed to do an interview, but nothing yet.

how about you? 

Same here -- radio silence. :( I had attended an NUS webinar a couple of months ago where they said that they'll respond anytime from February to May. And they may or may not interview you before accepting/rejecting. The problem with waiting for so long is that I'll have to respond to other universities! :(

15 hours ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Same here -- radio silence. :( I had attended an NUS webinar a couple of months ago where they said that they'll respond anytime from February to May. And they may or may not interview you before accepting/rejecting. The problem with waiting for so long is that I'll have to respond to other universities! :(

Yeah i know, the waiting is the worst. I’m in the same boat, but waiting only on one uni (UvA), but with all this coronavirus situation, i won’t be surprised if they take another month or so to release results.

Just accept the offer if you already have one, then at the end you can choose whatever works for you. 

I’m more worried about scholarships, didn’t notice NUS was four to fivefold more expensive than other unis, that’s nuts. 

On 2/18/2021 at 4:14 AM, Chevyyy195 said:

Yeah i know, the waiting is the worst. I’m in the same boat, but waiting only on one uni (UvA), but with all this coronavirus situation, i won’t be surprised if they take another month or so to release results.

Just accept the offer if you already have one, then at the end you can choose whatever works for you. 

I’m more worried about scholarships, didn’t notice NUS was four to fivefold more expensive than other unis, that’s nuts. 

Oh, oh. All the best with UVA! Ya, NUS is quite expensive. As is Singapore in general. But they do offer a fair range of scholarships, so here's hoping!

And I can't accept my offers because they all require a deposit to be paid. Don't wanna do that. :( Instead, I'm just going to wait till the very end of the deadline and hope that I receive all responses by then!

9 hours ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Oh, oh. All the best with UVA! Ya, NUS is quite expensive. As is Singapore in general. But they do offer a fair range of scholarships, so here's hoping!

And I can't accept my offers because they all require a deposit to be paid. Don't wanna do that. :( Instead, I'm just going to wait till the very end of the deadline and hope that I receive all responses by then!

It’s not just expensive.. it’s very very expensive xD 

Ohh i see, yeah, generally the deposit is the last step of the “admissions “ procedure... well, hopefully we hear some good news soon so you don’t miss any deadline. 

cheers ?

16 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

It’s not just expensive.. it’s very very expensive xD 

Ohh i see, yeah, generally the deposit is the last step of the “admissions “ procedure... well, hopefully we hear some good news soon so you don’t miss any deadline. 

cheers ?

Yusss! All the best to you too! :)

On 2/17/2021 at 2:19 AM, Chevyyy195 said:

nada :( they said they will get in contact in february in case i needed to do an interview, but nothing yet.

how about you? 

Hey! I got an email from NUS today. I have my interview next week. The email also mentions that "...admissions and scholarship outcomes will be released between April and June 2021..."

Did you get any response yet?

3 hours ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hey! I got an email from NUS today. I have my interview next week. The email also mentions that "...admissions and scholarship outcomes will be released between April and June 2021..."

Did you get any response yet?

OMG!! best of luck ?

no, i haven’t received any email ? 

6 hours ago, Chevyyy195 said:

OMG!! best of luck ?

no, i haven’t received any email ? 

Thank you! ?

I guess they've just started sending out interview emails. A friend of mine hasn't heard back yet either. Hopefully, you'll get to know soon. ✌? Do let me know! ?