Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

15 minutes ago, mandy wong said:

Thank you!! I know the school will send out more admin notifications later on, but do you know what is the expected date for our check in or the arrival date? Thanks. 

They mentioned in my email that they will provide us with the information on matriculation process and other administrative matters in May or June. 

• 3 months later...

I am planning to apply for the MPP Master this year. Do you think a 157 V - 158 Q for GRE can give me a better chance?

I also have a 105 score for TOEFL.

I have a BS in Applied Economics.

7 years working for the Government, in several positions (Minister's Cabinet, President's Cabinet) related to policy implementation (competition, trade and industry...)

1 year in an NGO, managing a Youth Business Program.

I am the Executive Secretary of my Uni's Association of Alumni.

Given my profile, do you think I have a good chance?

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, kmd said:

Got an offer of admission and scholarship to MPP yesterday. Looks like they're releasing the first batch already.

Congrats, you did not have to go through any interview right? May I ask for your background info?

Edited by Thi Nguyen

5 hours ago, Thi Nguyen said:

Congrats, you did not have to go through any interview right? May I ask for your background info?

Hello! Yes, I did not go through an interview. I'm a government employee in the Philippines, with more than 3 years of experience in public policy. 

26 minutes ago, kmd said:

Hello! Yes, I did not go through an interview. I'm a government employee in the Philippines, with more than 3 years of experience in public policy. 

I got 3 years of experience too but I work for private sector so that could be a disadvantage. Anyway, just hoping for the best.

10 hours ago, Thi Nguyen said:

I got 3 years of experience too but I work for private sector so that could be a disadvantage. Anyway, just hoping for the best.

Yes, I'm sure LKY SPP is still processing applications. They usually release in March/April so I hope you'll get news by then. Good luck!

On 2/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, kmd said:

Got an offer of admission and scholarship to MPP yesterday. Looks like they're releasing the first batch already.

Wow congrats!! 🥳May I know when you applied? I'm also from the Philippines and I'm anxious to know whether I got in and if I received a scholarship.🥺 Would it be wise to ask the admisisons team about the status? I'm just in a hurry because have to make a deposit at a different university to reserve a spot soon.

5 hours ago, cakes3 said:

Wow congrats!! 🥳May I know when you applied? I'm also from the Philippines and I'm anxious to know whether I got in and if I received a scholarship.🥺 Would it be wise to ask the admisisons team about the status? I'm just in a hurry because have to make a deposit at a different university to reserve a spot soon.

I applied in December, right on the day of the deadline haha. And I think if you email them, they'll just send the same response that results will come in tranches starting April.

19 hours ago, kmd said:

I applied in December, right on the day of the deadline haha. And I think if you email them, they'll just send the same response that results will come in tranches starting April.

Oh cool! I applied that same day too. I'll keep my fingers crossed, thanks for getting back to me!:)

20 hours ago, Humble said:

Hi I just got a call from the LKYSPP admission for an offline interview. Wish me luck! 

Congratulations on the interview call! May I ask which program did you apply for and when is your interview scheduled? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Any updates from others here? If they haven't gotten back to me, are they unlikely to accept me? I've gotten offers from better schools already, but I'm waiting on this because it's much nearer to home :(

39 minutes ago, cakes3 said:

Hi! Any updates from others here? If they haven't gotten back to me, are they unlikely to accept me? I've gotten offers from better schools already, but I'm waiting on this because it's much nearer to home :(

no, nothing from my end. some people did not receive admissions and full-ride scholarship offer until like mid May last year so I don't think not hearing from them early this month means no hope. I personally don't mind if I have to wait a bit longer coz I'm waiting for other scholarship results too, but cannot deny a part of me is dying to hear some good news from them asap just to make sure I have a place secured for the coming fall

12 hours ago, cakes3 said:

None from my end as well. I'm so tired of waiting 😕

They mentioned they will release outcomes in batches starting April.