STILLL havent heard from schools!

lostandconfused

I only applied to ONE school and I still haven't heard anything yet! It is agony checking the mail everyday. Have any of you MA students heard back from schools yet? I know that MAs go out after the PhDs, but still...

It sucks a fatty.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about to be March 19 and I'm still waiting from 4 out of 5!!

I've applied to IR programms and the only one I got is waitlisted!!! how pitiful that is :)

Still waiting for Columbia SIPA (only 20% of us are waiting), GW Elliott S. (they say results will be posted on Friday), MSFS (though no hope for that one) and NYU SCPS

This is seriously neverending.....

Same here, applied to 5 , still waiting for 4. Haven't heard anything from Georgetown's MSFS ( total silence), SAIS, GWU or Columbia SIPA ( and yes, apparently they've notified 80% of applicants which makes me wonder WHY they are being so cruel with the rest of us. No, i do not believe it has anything to do with funding unfortunately).

It will soon be over, fingers crossed and good luck to all !

I am still waiting on all of my schools, too.

University of Maryland, College of Information Science sent an email a month ago saying they would make decisions by March 20th. That's tomorrow -- still haven't heard a peep and I am not terribly optimistic that I will hear anything tomorrow.

Towson University, Professional Writing: deadline isn't even until April 1st, so I know it will be awhile before I hear anything.

University of Baltimore, Creative Writing & Publication Design: I was told today that they'll notify this Saturday and I sort of believe it. That's the one I want the most, I think, so I might just accept their offer if I get one and withdraw the other two apps. I don't know. I am so over this whole process. I am finding all kinds of gray hair lately. :(

I AGREE....This stupid process has been drawn-out for too long. Do these admission offices ever consider our needs since our future is hanging right now?

Plus this whole waiting process has made me completely edgy and angry at the slightest annoyance. Duh, how hard is it to be on time on their own deadline to publish the decision? After all, we paid them to review our application. :x

i'm still waiting on Rutgers and Temple... i e-mailed both this week. Rutgers said they wouldn't be making a decision until the end of March, which seems pretty junky to me (their website says we should hear by 15 March). Temple didn't respond to my e-mail...

:|

ok update

i STILLLLL havent heard from 5 schools. I am getting super annoyed. I paid a ton of money for my apps to be reviewed, at least tell me if I am rejected! I called 2 schools and they were unhelpful and the other 3 I emailed and noone responded. Im starting to think someone lost my app or something!

ok update

i STILLLLL havent heard from 5 schools. I am getting super annoyed. I paid a ton of money for my apps to be reviewed, at least tell me if I am rejected! I called 2 schools and they were unhelpful and the other 3 I emailed and noone responded. Im starting to think someone lost my app or something!

That's funny... We grad applicants must have some kind of compulsive desire for attention or something similar (perhaps people in Psychology could name it) ... We all think our applications have been lost or ignored.... and that make us more depressive in this whole process XD

*Why don't they look at my application? *

Is this hopefull?

"I am writing concerning your application to the graduate program of the xxxxxxxxxx. We have now had the opportunity to review in detail your application, among about 220 applications to our graduate program. This was an intensive process, and I want to inform you that we are impressed with your application and it is still active. We are currently waiting decisions from some other applicants before we can make a final decision about yours. We wanted you to know the specific status of your application and hope you understand.

We will contact you as soon as we are able to reach a final decision on your application."

I've applied to graduate school for physical therapy at Old Dominion University and haven't received a response regarding my acceptance. It's now March 22 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out their method of letter sending. I know of a couple people who have received rejection letters last weekend and that's all I know at this point. Anyone know if acceptance letters have gone out? Any insite would be greatly appreciated!

Applied to 5 school in IR, and still waiting to hear from 2, SAIS and Georgetown.

I see that a lot of people have already received the acceptance letters at SAIS, which makes me think that i m a. waitlisted, b.rejected.

OUCH....