2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Rejected from WUSTL Immunology today. Was looking forward to St. Louis.

Still waiting on UW Immunology! Did anyone else get an email last week saying they delayed decisions on a few applications until this week??

Berkeley MCB?

Probably PMB or IB since plant biology is under those departments. I think MCB interview invites have been coming in slowly since the end of December but no idea if they're still calling people... haven't heard anything from them either.

Sorry to hear that :( Did you get an e-mail or did you check the admissions portal?

Has anyone heard from any of the UChicago unclustered (medical physics, health studies, biophysical sciences) programs? I've combed through results from previous years but I can't even determine their interview policy (some people interviewed, some people didn't, some people found out early January, some people found out March).

You get an email asking you to check your portal, at least for the rejections lol

You get an email asking you to check your portal, at least for the rejections lol

I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used my work e-mail. Now I tweek out every time Outlook pops up in the corner of my screen, waiting for a "check portal" message.

Still waiting to hear from Berkeley MCB, OHSU, Irvine CMB, Caltech Bio, Scripps and UTSW....even though I'm pretty sure I've seen invites go out already for all of these. Anyone know which of these schools batches their invites or if they send them on a rolling basis? I'm wondering which ones are probably rejects at this point....

Still waiting to hear from Berkeley MCB, OHSU, Irvine CMB, Caltech Bio, Scripps and UTSW....even though I'm pretty sure I've seen invites go out already for all of these. Anyone know which of these schools batches their invites or if they send them on a rolling basis? I'm wondering which ones are probably rejects at this point....

OHSU invites go out by January 10th. I don't believe they have sent them out yet? I could be wrong.

Immune123, do you remember where you found out that info? That's very reassuring!

They have a recent notification on their admission website: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/basic-science-departments/molecular-cellular-biosciences/admissions/index.cfm

"If you are invited to interview with us in February you will be notified by January 10, 2014.

Interview dates include February 12-15 and February 19 -22."

Well I know UC Irvine CMB wanted me to reply by Jan 3 to accept the interview (I did) so maybe if people declined they will invite more??  Also, they said the interview weekend would be Jan 26-27, but in the closing statement it read: "We typically interview 40-45 students during each weekend, and thus, you will not only have the opportunity of seeing the campus and meeting faculty and graduate students, but also meeting other applicants who could become classmates.  We hope that you will be able to join us for one of these weekends."

...implying that there may be more than one weekend of interviews. Hopefully you hear from them soon.

Interview invite from Alabama and UNC-Chapel Hill just now.

Alabama called, UNC emailed!!! Phew, I needed some good news today

Congrats! I see you applied to Iowa...mind if I ask when you submitted your app and when you heard back? I'm going for the Immunology part of the Interdisciplinary program.

I submitted most of my applications the weekend before December 1st and I heard back from Iowa on December 23rd. I haven't confirmed the flight information yet, and may have to decline because of other interviews. I applied to the Immunology interdisciplinary program as well.

Cool, thanks for the info! I submitted mine on Dec 1st but I was missing my last LOR until Dec 23rd. :-/ Hopefully that's what's holding it up, considering the program admin emailed me yesterday to clarify something about my app.

Can you say what the interview dates are? Not many people on here applied there, so no info on the results.

The results page made me so sad :( Most of the international applicants were rejected.Completely dejected....Now I am really worried and mentally preparing for another application cycle.

tuba250, are you doing your undergrad in the US or are you applying directly from abroad?

Cool, thanks for the info! I submitted mine on Dec 1st but I was missing my last LOR until Dec 23rd. :-/ Hopefully that's what's holding it up, considering the program admin emailed me yesterday to clarify something about my app.

Can you say what the interview dates are? Not many people on here applied there, so no info on the results.

They invited me on February 20-22, but I have another interview conflict. They were really accomodating and we are arranging a date for when I can possibly interview in late January. They seem like they will work with you on what you need.

Well I know UC Irvine CMB wanted me to reply by Jan 3 to accept the interview (I did) so maybe if people declined they will invite more??  Also, they said the interview weekend would be Jan 26-27, but in the closing statement it read: "We typically interview 40-45 students during each weekend, and thus, you will not only have the opportunity of seeing the campus and meeting faculty and graduate students, but also meeting other applicants who could become classmates.  We hope that you will be able to join us for one of these weekends."

...implying that there may be more than one weekend of interviews. Hopefully you hear from them soon.

UC Irvine CMB is sending out a second wave of invites next week - email from program admin

They invited me on February 20-22, but I have another interview conflict. They were really accomodating and we are arranging a date for when I can possibly interview in late January. They seem like they will work with you on what you need.

Cool beans! They do seem really nice over there (typical Midwest?). As of yet I have no conflicts but I will keep those dates in mind. Hope you get to go in January!