2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

I really wish they would send this to me.  The lack of official rejection keeps even the smallest hope alive and is really bad for your psyche.  Ugh.  Just want to move on with my "scientific career"...

just email them and ask about if you were given an interview

I have a quick question about interview scheduling.

So I'm set to interview at GSK from Jan 14-16, then Columbia from the 16-19. Since they're both in NYC, I figured I would only need to buy 2 tickets: one on Jan 14 and one on Jan 19 when I leave. I spoke with GSK and they said that they'd pay for both the Jan 14 and 19 ticket, even though the interview ends on the 16.

I want to contact Columbia now and tell them that I don't need to have my travel tickets reimbursed. Do I need to give a specific reason? Or should I just tell them that it's already been reimbursed by GSK? I'm not sure what would be best, and I don't want to sound misleading to them...

Wow, 9 interviews. Are you planning to go to all of them?

Wow, 9 interviews. Are you planning to go to all of them?

Probably not... I'm trying to decide now which ones I want to go to. I'm interested in cancer biology programs, so I'm trying to figure out which schools would be best for that before I accept/decline interview offers...

Anyone else get a waitlist email from Emory for interviewing?

There is already a waitlist for Emory? Crap then I got rejected then cuz I haven't heard from them yet. That blows.

No, I haven't heard anything. Which program did you apply to?

GDBBS -GMB. I was told they had filled the number they needed to interview in person however they would be in touch with me in the coming months to interview via phone or skype. 

What

GDBBS -GMB. I was told they had filled the number they needed to interview in person however they would be in touch with me in the coming months to interview via phone or skype. 

I wonder what it means if you didn't get anything. Automatic rejection? :o

just email them and ask about if you were given an interview

You guys are at least getting replies. The past 2 weeks, I must've sent 6 or 7 emails asking this same question. I have yet to receive a single reply. Trust me, this is even worse for your psyche.

Happy New Year, all! 

From results search, it seems like my remaining programs all sent out interview invites on Jan. 7 - 9 last year... I think I'm going to have to do some serious TV watching this week to distract myself. New season of Downton Abbey, anyone? :D 

Surely the different programs under GDBBS have different acceptance rates/interview availability? I really want their Neuroscience to not be full. Lol

I am almost positive that this is true.

I know the programs go through apps separately, make decisions on their own and all that.  (I haven't heard anything about MMG yet, so I, too, am anxiously waiting)

I am almost positive that this is true.

I know the programs go through apps separately, make decisions on their own and all that.  (I haven't heard anything about MMG yet, so I, too, am anxiously waiting)

Naïvely enough, I somehow never expected to be quite this anxious while awaiting decisions. Fingers crossed, and good luck everyone!

Did anyone else apply to Tufts ISP? I just went on and checked my application status thing and it says "decision period past" and won't let me check my credentials or anything. Don't know what this means... :wacko: Or maybe it's just a glitch?