2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Did anyone one apply to Harvard's Biological Sciences in Public Health?  Only one other person on the public health board, and nothing in results!

I tried calling today, it went to voicemail... not really sure what to think, I am wondering at this point if they even require an interview....

I tried calling today, it went to voicemail... not really sure what to think, I am wondering at this point if they even require an interview....

Are we the only two who applied?  If so, easy!  We're both in!

Having a small conflict myself. UC Irvine offered me Feb 6-8 which I can't do since that seems to be the most popular interview weekend of all. I told them I couldn't do it and the coordinator basically said that their January date is full (what date is this exactly for anyone who knows or is going?) and oh well, sorry you won't be able to join us....

Well, this sucks. I got my invitation for UC Irvine yesterday and my invite to Johns Hopkins confirmed today and they are both Feb 6-8. Since Johns Hopkins was my first choice and I had already played the fool with them by not seeing their invite email until yesterday and thus replying past the deadline, I was hoping to not have to pester them for a different date and work with UC Irvine for an alternative date. But since the tickets haven't been purchased yet, I suppose I can go to the later Johns Hopkins weekend (which i believe someone said was in early March).

UC Irvine really wasn't that willing to work with you? That seems kind of odd. Not even a Skype interview?

Does anyone know if it makes a difference whether you go to the first or second interview weekend? I'm hoping the answer is no, so I don't have to feel weird about trying to go to the second Johns Hopkins weekend.

Well, this sucks. I got my invitation for UC Irvine yesterday and my invite to Johns Hopkins confirmed today and they are both Feb 6-8. Since Johns Hopkins was my first choice and I had already played the fool with them by not seeing their invite email until yesterday and thus replying past the deadline, I was hoping to not have to pester them for a different date and work with UC Irvine for an alternative date. But since the tickets haven't been purchased yet, I suppose I can go to the later Johns Hopkins weekend (which i believe someone said was in early March).

UC Irvine really wasn't that willing to work with you? That seems kind of odd. Not even a Skype interview?

Does anyone know if it makes a difference whether you go to the first or second interview weekend? I'm hoping the answer is no, so I don't have to feel weird about trying to go to the second Johns Hopkins weekend.

I sure as heck hope that schools that send out interview invites later in the season understand that they have to be accommodating... It's impossible for us to save interview weekends for schools that we haven't heard from yet if we have a real interview offer in hand from somewhere else. All this to say that I will be taking the later interview weekends without hesitation if I get any other interviews, because my Jan/Feb is already super busy (and I only have 4)!

Does anyone know if all interview invites have been sent for Northwestern DGP and Baylor CM (IMBS)?

I do not think Northwestern DGP already sent all the interview invites. Northwestern DGP has several interview weekends from late January to early March. I think they just finished the first wave of interview offers and they might send more later.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if all interview invites have been sent for Northwestern DGP and Baylor CM (IMBS)?

I would not lose hope on Baylor IMBS yet, I just got my invite 20 minutes ago.

I haven't replied back to the coordinator yet. Her "wishing me luck" at the end of her message has kind of deflated me which is why I asked about admissions chances. I want to reply back today (so that means VERY soon) but I can't decide what tact I should take. I haven't asked about a Skype interview. That's a good idea.

As for whether first or later interviews make a difference, I just asked the Utah coordinator this yesterday. The official answer is "no," of course but she did mention how tired everyone can sometimes be by the second or third interview event and how people whose apps were turned in sooner tend to get the earlier dates so....not to increase your stress or anything but that's what she mentioned. If you do your best and are genuine and interested, I'm sure you'll be fine. It's the people who are not working as hard that will probably come off looking worse during later recruitment events since space is filling up and everyone is probably a little less patient than before.

I sure as heck hope that schools that send out interview invites later in the season understand that they have to be accommodating... It's impossible for us to save interview weekends for schools that we haven't heard from yet if we have a real interview offer in hand from somewhere else. All this to say that I will be taking the later interview weekends without hesitation if I get any other interviews, because my Jan/Feb is already super busy (and I only have 4)!

Word!

I just called Harvard - MCO and UC Berkeley - MCB and they already sent out all the interviews. :(

Welp, I'll cross Berkeley off the list! :(

I would not lose hope on Baylor IMBS yet, I just got my invite 20 minutes ago.

This makes me sad because if they have a March date, I could technically move Baylor from February and accommodate Irvine. But as it's one of my favorites, I don't think I should risk it.... :blink: even though the Baylor coordinator has not yet gotten back to me with the promised "early January" itinerary....sigh, this process was just made to be squirm inducing....

Sorry for the multiple posts! Spazz attack over....

Oh, and what's the deal with OHSU PMCB? I think everything was supposed to be sent out by late December? Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

They said that if you get an interview you should hear by Jan 10th. I haven't heard anything, either!

Btw, I received an interview invitation from Michigan's Bioinformatics (FYI, I'm an international student) last week. The prof gave me two options: travel on my own expense to Michigan (but they will give special arrangements for interview date), or multiple Skype interviews. I replied her and stated the second option. Yet both the prof and her coordinator didn't get back to me. What should I do now :( ?