2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

I understood her to mean 15-18 matriculate. So if it's 80 total and maybe 30-40 offers, that's no so bad I suppose. About 40-50% chance for anyone interviewing.

Well not everyone who is interviewing will have the same shot at getting in. Don't the programs rank candidates? I know of a few that do.

Well not everyone who is interviewing will have the same shot at getting in. Don't the programs rank candidates? I know of a few that do.

That's true I suppose. I don't know about ranking...some actually take the time to do that? eep. Where does this happen?  I always just pictured three piles: the interviews, the wait list and the outs....

Does anyone know which of the home departments at Stanford sent out interviews for sure (chem/systems, immuno, bioinformatics, maybe cancer...)?

Their website says invites might go out until late January (but that they started this week), and that interviews are Feb 26 to Mar 2 - can anyone confirm those dates?

I apologize if this has already been cleared up.

Does anyone know which of the home departments at Stanford sent out interviews for sure (chem/systems, immuno, bioinformatics, maybe cancer...)?

Their website says invites might go out until late January (but that they started this week), and that interviews are Feb 26 to Mar 2 - can anyone confirm those dates?

Immuno is/has been already going out idk about others... I saw one cancer too I think

Rejected from Cornell biophysics. Sigh. Maybe I'll get good news next week :(

I'm sorry Alpha... :(

All I know is that that is the correct interview date for Biosciences....

Did someone post something a while back that if you do not get a UMichigan Immunology invite by today, you're out?

I called Michigan PIBS and they said that interviews would be sent out until today.

Okay, I wrote to the Irvine program coordinator yesterday and got a response. The recruitment weekends are required for admission and they plan on admitting about 15-18 students out of the 80 odd they will interview each weekend (I'm assuming it's each weekend - she didn't specify this part. If so, that's quite competitive!). She says Skype interviews are unlikely and they will not plan a third event as they will probably be able to pick their class from the crop they've already got....

I just called Irvine and got the same information that you got. Should have checked Grad Cafe first! On the plus side, she was very nice on the phone, there's just not much she can do. I sent an email to Johns Hopkins to see if they have an alternate weekend that I can attend. Fingers crossed. I do so like to have options. On the negative side, I'm getting a little skittish about making hard confirmations (ie. purchasing the plane tickets) just in case another invite comes in that conflicts. This whole Irvine thing has me worried about that.

Looks like a few University of Washington micro invites went out. Does anybody know if they sent all the invites out already?

I second this question. This wait has been the hardest since University of Washington has been my top choice for years.

Called again - there has been a slight change, the last of the interviews will be sent out by Monday, and everyone who applied should receive an email of some sort by Monday.

It was an email signed off by the chair of the immunology admissions committee stating the single interview date we all know of already, that i will be hosted by the immunology home program, a host student will call me soon, $500 reimbursement for domestic travel, they will send a snail mail interview packet with details and there was this bit about how carefully they reviewed all apps for each of the home programs indicated. and then just the usual stuff about making a faculty list and flight logistics, etc.