2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

After interviews/acceptances/rejections are done, I'm going to make a new thread for where we're attending. Maybe we can all figure out meet-ups, housing, etc.

That's a great idea.  You should put the title as Fall 2014 Grad Warriors or something catchy along the lines

Interesting post as some of you start looking ahead to making grad school decisions. This entire blog is incredibly interesting as it is written from a professor's point of view. Intriguing... Also check out the "Interview" section of posts. Helpful.

http://science-professor.blogspot.com/2010/03/go-ahead-reject-me.html

Edited by iheartplants

Interesting post as some of you start looking ahead to making grad school decisions. This entire blog is incredibly interesting as it is written from a professor's point of view. Intriguing...

http://science-professor.blogspot.com/2010/03/go-ahead-reject-me.html

Good post and good info. I had to send a rejection last time around and I really did feel bad because he was such a nice guy that took a lot of time with me. But I did exactly what the post said, explained that I chose Other University because it was a better fit and thanked him for everything.

Though I'd rather reject a school than have them reject me!

March?  Oh good.  I applied December 14th so I should get some sort of super early bonus right?  Right?

English fail in my last comment lol *dont lose hope...but yeah when I called the travel agent to set up times they were talking about three interviews being scheduled (6-8, 20-22, and march first or second week).

Heard anything from Wisconsin? Emailed them a while ago and they said a full decision will be made by the end of January =/

^ Which program at Wisconsin?

If you're wondering about CMB, they have this google spreadsheet for it that shows so far, 53 people have responded to interview invitations, and it looks like 20 of those people have declined their interviews. So 33 interviewees so far.

Last year's stats show that they offered 43 spots. So if you are waiting on this program you may still have a chance! I got invited to interview Jan 6 and was asked to complete the form by Jan 15, after which another wave of interviews was probably sent out. Not sure when they have to respond by.

Edited by persimmony

Hi everybody!

Do any of you guys know what are the statistics for getting accepted to Yale, Stanford and Cornell after an interview? I know that Harvard is 100% and I really want to believe that it's as high for the other ones....

^ Which program at Wisconsin?

If you're wondering about CMB, they have this google spreadsheet for it that shows so far, 53 people have responded to interview invitations, and it looks like 20 of those people have declined their interviews. So 33 interviewees so far.

Last year's stats show that they offered 43 spots. So if you are waiting on this program you may still have a chance! I got invited to interview Jan 6 and was asked to complete the form by Jan 15, after which another wave of interviews was probably sent out. Not sure when they have to respond by.

Yes definitely CMB.  Do they show people's names on this spreadsheet?  And do they just email it to you?

English fail in my last comment lol *dont lose hope...but yeah when I called the travel agent to set up times they were talking about three interviews being scheduled (6-8, 20-22, and march first or second week).

Heard anything from Wisconsin? Emailed them a while ago and they said a full decision will be made by the end of January =/

Last time I called they said they were trying to get all interview invites out by the end of this week but certainly done by the 31st. 

Yes definitely CMB.  Do they show people's names on this spreadsheet?  And do they just email it to you?

Last time I called they said they were trying to get all interview invites out by the end of this week but certainly done by the 31st. 

8 more days till we find out I guess lol looks like we're relying on people declining interviews at this point.

@Persimmony: thanks for the info! It was the CMB program.

Yes they show all the names. It's an open spreadsheet that you can fill in and edit. I've been checking it every few days just to see how many new interviewees there are.

Yes they show all the names. It's an open spreadsheet that you can fill in and edit. I've been checking it every few days just to see how many new interviewees there are.

when did weill get in contact with you?? Was it for BCMB? 

I have another question: Do most schools interview on Fridays? I only applied to state schools and I am expecting at least one visit. Do many mid-ranked (still don't really know where the schools I applied are ranked) state schools do skype interveiws instead? 

I am concerned about the Friday thing because I have one class that is Friday morning only, and I don't want to end up missing it (I live far away from absolutely everything so if I had to travel, it would take most of the day). So I may end up not taking this class. 

My questions here are often a little random but I really appreciate everyone who has helped me out!

I have another question: Do most schools interview on Fridays? I only applied to state schools and I am expecting at least one visit. Do many mid-ranked (still don't really know where the schools I applied are ranked) state schools do skype interveiws instead? 

I am concerned about the Friday thing because I have one class that is Friday morning only, and I don't want to end up missing it (I live far away from absolutely everything so if I had to travel, it would take most of the day). So I may end up not taking this class. 

My questions here are often a little random but I really appreciate everyone who has helped me out!

Most of the interviews that I'm attending do take place over a time period that includes a Friday, but I have two that are just totally in the middle of the week. Small sample size, but hope it helps! 

Not much new info for BU. The interviews are this Friday and Feb. 10. We were told to tell recruits that (very) roughly 50% will be accepted after interviews and they're aiming for ~20 people to matriculate. I have no idea if late interview offers will be sent out. I do know that I'm getting free sushi and lunches for awhile thanks to you guys, though. Yay recruitment!

Hi everybody!

Do any of you guys know what are the statistics for getting accepted to Yale, Stanford and Cornell after an interview? I know that Harvard is 100% and I really want to believe that it's as high for the other ones....

Just curious, how do you know Harvard offers acceptances to almost everyone they interview?

Hi everybody!

wait! Harvard is 100% accept after getting an interview? all programs?