2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

30-90% - it's anybody's guess. All I know that for my program, Emory accepts almost everyone and WuSTL accepts about 50% of their interviewees. I don't know about the others I applied to.

Last year Emory Neuroscience accepted about 32% of those that interviewed on campus (not sure how many more had Skype interviews), but I'm sure this varies across programs

Doncha worry, gradcafe will be the first to know if I decline

Congrats! waiting on Einstein here. I saw 2 results posted in the survey section. Fingers crossed!

Another victim of the UCSF death ray here. Gonna stay positive and focus on my existing interviews, though. I do appreciate them sending it out relatively early, rather than stringing hopeful people along for a while. Fingers crossed for everybody waiting for interview offers in the next couple of weeks!

Is it fair to assume UCSF + Weill Cornell rejections likely means a Stanford rejection also, or is there still hope? :/

I'm pretty sure Stanford won't start sending interviews until mid January, so don't lose hope!

I am putting my faith in Stanford...

Based on last year's results, Stanford won't start sending invites until next week! Next week will either be hellish or great. I am starting to dislike weekends...

I mean I don't think anyone will say that rejections are a good thing, but clearly good schools are interested in you.  You never know what they are looking for!  Don't assume anything!

Is it fair to assume UCSF + Weill Cornell rejections likely means a Stanford rejection also, or is there still hope? :/

Last year's records seem to indicate that Stanford Biosciences send out interviews via email throughout second week of January. Exact date seem to differ per individual department. Only biophysics seem to send out interview offers via snail mail.