MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

tomberry,

Did you send an e-mail?

Yes I did. Actually, I sent an email to the head of the sculpture department, who then kindly forwarded my email to the head of graduate studies sculpture department. Then I had a brief but informative email Q&A with that professor. Nothing too formal. Again, and I'm most certainly just projecting my preferences on the world, I think people appreciate conciseness.

In fact, I'm sure most people had trouble writing a statement of purpose with like 2-3 page limitations. I know I did. I'm like Bill Clinton when it comes to essays, entertaining, plagued with tangents, probably a little foot in the mouth. Fortunately, I have to good friends and family to help me with my poor writing habits. 

On an entirely different note, I received an acceptance letter from PAFA. It seems like very few if anyone here applied there. I guess it's not too highly regard at the moment, but in terms of facilities (foundry, metal/wood shops, private studios, casting rooms, etc.) and location, it's a fine school. Plus, the Annual Student Exhibition is always huge. Any people with no luck this year, might consider it next time around.

Edited by tomberry

After reading this, I took the same approach. I'm also rejected. Looks like interview invites went out last week.

Sorry to hear that, so on the portal does your application status still "complete ready for review"? If so then I will cross vcu of my list...

I got an Interview call from Yale for 3 year MFA Graphic Design program. I wanted to know about the 10 tangible artworks which are required for the interview that how to present logos and websites?

Hello All,

Just finished my last application. I applied for painting at these schools:

UC Berkeley

UT Austin

ASU

UNM

MSU Bozeman

Has anyone heard anything from any of them yet?

Hello All,

UC Berkeley

UT Austin

ASU

UNM

MSU Bozeman

IIRC if you look through the last couple pages of this thread, you'll find news about at least 2 of the schools on your list.

Sorry to hear that, so on the portal does your application status still "complete ready for review"? If so then I will cross vcu of my list...

I'm starting to detest the words "complete ready for review" when I login to the portal. Waiting is incredibly difficult. I just want an answer one way or the other. *sigh*

2-3 pages?  Both places I applied set the limitation to around 300 words (one was 2000 characters, the other 1500 characters).  It was painful, especially since my initial rough draft was around 900 words.   :lol:  

And I think back to high school, dreading trying to fill out page requirements.

Hello All,

UC Berkeley

UT Austin

ASU

UNM

MSU Bozeman

Hey Resim, I also applied to UNM for Painting & Drawing and was accepted via email on Feb. 5th. Still waiting on additional info. 

Thank you both for the words of encouragement. :) It wouldn't be the end of the world to have another year of saving money/more shows/perhaps a residency and most importantly new work  

And your work could grow and develop in amazing ways in the year. Don't feel discouraged. It appears like many of the people are into a second year of applications (as am I) and there is only room for upward growth from here.  And like everyone else said...it's not over til it's over! 

After doing some very light research, here's the dates I found for a rough feedback from the schools I've applied to. Posting them here just in case anyone who has the same or similar schools is interested.

Royal College of Art: Feb 15-28 (interview request)

Tyler School of Art: Feb 15-20

NYAA: March 1

SVA: March 15-20

Columbia: March 15-20

RISD: End of March

Hunter CUNY: End of March

Did you get that extra financial aid message from Columbia that you had to fill out? I swear I had a freaking heart attack when I saw an admissions email from Columbia but it wasn't THAT admissions email... Unfortunately... Still waiting to hear back from all of the schools. 

I applied to:

Columbia

CalArts

UCLA

Carnegie Mellon

Did you get that extra financial aid message from Columbia that you had to fill out? I swear I had a freaking heart attack when I saw an admissions email from Columbia but it wasn't THAT admissions email... Unfortunately... Still waiting to hear back from all of the schools. 

I applied to:

Columbia

CalArts

UCLA

Carnegie Mellon

I got that Columbia financial aid message as well. I haven't completed the financial aid forms yet. 

Way ta go marzipaned!

Congrats Marzipaned! Hopefully I will see you out there, Baltimore is a fun city :)

Congrats marzipanned and print&draw on your MICA Mt. Royal interviews!

Thanks, guys! print&draw, do you know when you'll be interviewing? I'm looking into an in-person on the 19th, but still sorting some things out.

As for my questionable Glasgow School of Art interview, from a while back...looks like I got in. But they want me to accept or decline the offer within two weeks!! I hope that's negotiable. 

I got that Columbia financial aid message as well. I haven't completed the financial aid forms yet. 

I had this moment where I was like "Who What Where Huh?!" and then I had this irrational thought process where I was like...well it's this late they wouldn't be emailing that along unless I was really a contender, right? Right?! And then I had to call my friend and we had to analyze. Obviously I'm going crazy. 

After bikram yoga (to sweat out the crazy) and a good nights rest I realize I was deluding myself... But they still haven't sent anything out so it's not over yet.

Hey All, 

Stoked this forum exists. I've scanned the pages here, but don't see anyone reporting about CCA. Has anyone heard from them? 

Their website says they're interviewing on 2/23, and notifying "early February". Starting to worry that I'm not on that list...

Also, saw that someone predicted Stanford choosing by the end of this week--how do you know? 

This is my first round applying to MFA programs, the suspense is awful!!

Temple Rejection via checking their portal today.

Guess I'm gonna need to rethink my life choices

That's hard but my friend, who I think is immensely talented got rejected from 4 out of 5 schools. It only takes one. Don't lose hope!

Hey All, 

Stoked this forum exists. I've scanned the pages here, but don't see anyone reporting about CCA. Has anyone heard from them? 

Their website says they're interviewing on 2/23, and notifying "early February". Starting to worry that I'm not on that list...

Also, saw that someone predicted Stanford choosing by the end of this week--how do you know? 

I received my interview request from CCA around feb 5th to visit for an interview but I opted for skype... thou i still haven't received a time a date for that yet.  

Hey All,

Me too, re: CCA. They're my top choice and I've heard zilch. I'm trying not to feel completely dejected. But it's not over til it's over, right? Onward and upward, my friend!

I received my interview request from CCA around feb 5th to visit for an interview but I opted for skype... thou i still haven't received a time a date for that yet.  

For Sculpture, right? I applied for Photo, I've got my fingers crossed that each department is reporting separately...

Temple Rejection via checking their portal today.

Guess I'm gonna need to rethink my life choices

Is this your first year applying? Even if it isn't, I don't think this process should make you rethink your life choices by itself. 

I might be wrong, but I hear Stanford is making decisions this week through the weekend. Assuming you'd hear shortly thereafter. Good luck!!

How do you know?? I really hope you're right... 

Rejected on 6th Feb for the Royal Academy (London).

But just got an invitation to interview at the Slade! Weeeee!

Hi klp, I've got one too) when is your interview?

Anyone else hear word from slade?

Applying to:

RCA

Slade

Columbia

UCLA

UAL (Chelsea): accepted 2/8

Yep, I've got an e-mail yesterday with invitation to interview.

and! Any word from SAIC photography?

Edited by varney

@marzipaned 

I interview in person on the 25th (MICA Mt Royal), I decided to fly down there since I do better in person, and my best friend is going to Hopkins so I can stay with her. Good luck on your interview!!

Edited by print&draw