MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I got my first rejection today which feels like total garbage. It's hard to keep my head up and believe that the rest of the apps have a chance at turning out positively.

Hey Czarina, Sorry about the rejection to University of Michigan.  How did they notify you?  That is only school I applied to and since I haven't heard anything I figured I would be receiving one any day since they are suppose to be interviewing middle of February.

Hi! I just heard back from UW-Madison, and it seems that they have admitted me as a 'Performance/Intermedia' student, and not for 'Printmaking' which is what I applied for. I think this could be a good thing since I work between disciplines, but I am concerned about access to facilities. Does anyone know what this programme is about? I can't seem to find any information online, and though I have contacted the school, I would love to know more from a student or anyone who knows something about it :) 

Also, thank you Kafralal! Good luck with your applications! AND good luck to everyone who is waiting on a response/waiting for their interview! :D This forum has been such a great resource, especially as an international student with little/no direct access these universities.  :)

Hey gang.

I received an email today from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.. SMFA requesting an interview on March 1st.  :)

Thanks to all who have posted interview questions. They will help immensely.  

Is it better to wait for contact or is it just fine to contact programs to inquire about the status? I'm curious because last year, it took Tyler until April 1st to post my rejection online. There wasn't any other notification! The application fee online pays for so much coffee I suppose.

Pallavi-- congrats on UW-Madison! I was accepted into their Printmaking Program and am hoping to learn more about interdisciplinary possibilities when I visit in March. Ideally I want to move among Printmaking, Paper, Fiber, and glass departments wherever I wind up.

Hi! I just heard back from UW-Madison, and it seems that they have admitted me as a 'Performance/Intermedia' student, and not for 'Printmaking' which is what I applied for. I think this could be a good thing since I work between disciplines, but I am concerned about access to facilities. Does anyone know what this programme is about? I can't seem to find any information online, and though I have contacted the school, I would love to know more from a student or anyone who knows something about it :)

Also, thank you Kafralal! Good luck with your applications! AND good luck to everyone who is waiting on a response/waiting for their interview! :D This forum has been such a great resource, especially as an international student with little/no direct access these universities.  :)

Pallavi, congratulations on UW Madison and your interviews! 

After doing some very light research, here's the dates I found for a rough feedback from the schools I've applied to. Posting them here just in case anyone who has the same or similar schools is interested.

Royal College of Art: Feb 15-28 (interview request)

Tyler School of Art: Feb 15-20

NYAA: March 1

SVA: March 15-20

Columbia: March 15-20

RISD: End of March

Hunter CUNY: End of March

After doing some very light research, here's the dates I found for a rough feedback from the schools I've applied to. Posting them here just in case anyone who has the same or similar schools is interested.

Royal College of Art: Feb 15-28 (interview request)

Tyler School of Art: Feb 15-20

NYAA: March 1

SVA: March 15-20

Columbia: March 15-20

RISD: End of March

Hunter CUNY: End of March

Bard 17 of February 

No worries. good to clarify.

Yay Bathtub! "One interview means I am not crazy and maybe I have a chance elsewhere" :-) Yes!

Also congrats EDay27, Pallavi.sen and Kenny Winker! and anyone else with good news.

Here's to more good results. Hang in there those still waiting and those who have been disappointed so far...it is still early in the game.

For anyone else who might be interested, I emailed CalArts about their interview date.

"The MFA Interview Day is scheduled for Thursday, March 13th. We are currently reviewing MFA files right now and hope to make decisions shortly. Please keep checking your email for updates."