MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

In case anyone has applied to the University of Central Florida for their MFA in Emergent Media (Studio & the Computer) program, I have some news to pass along.

"We’re looking to have decisions on completed applications out within the next month, if not a little sooner." 

They were referring to February as I got this email end of January. Hopefully we'll have decisions soon. :)

I am curious if anyone's heard from the SAIC Fibers Department about interviews.

I received a letter requesting an interview from SAIC Fibers on Saturday, dated 1/27. Keep and eye out for the mail, your notification might still be on it's way.

Edited by shebaslc

Right. So if a few have heard from saic painting today and I have not am I not holding my breath anymore? This is a freak out forum afterall.

I would give it a day or two.

People keep asking the same question.. and it keeps getting answered to boot..

Anyone else suspect that no one actually reads this thread but just posts whatever they want into it..?

Nope. You're just missing the nuance in the questions. What are you applying for anyway, and where?

Hey everybody, new to the forum here but second time (year) applying to grad school. Last year I applied to just one school to test the waters, got rejected on April Fools!

Anyway, this year, I applied to Tyler, UArts, and PAFA for sculpture. It's no coincidence that those schools are all in Philadelphia, living and schooling in the Philadelphia area is a requisite so my choices were obviously limited. I got accepted to UArts (notified via email yesterday and smail as well). I'm waiting on Tyler and PAFA. UArts had applications due one January first, so I expect that their accepting/rejecting is on average a week or two earlier than other places.

I hope everyone is keeping it together while you wait! I've got a regimen of running, weight-lifting, video gaming, and reading to keep me occupied.

PS How do you get the footing to say where you've applied to and whether you've been accepted/rejected?

heard from THE Timothy App at MICA today for an interview. Brought to mind a funny post on rate your professor where the kid thought App was arrogant bc he introduced himself as THE Timothy App on the first day. That's a good one, no?

Hi all,

I am applying to Ceramic MFA programs.  

I had an interview with OSU last week, and since then my online Application Status switched to 'Accepted'.  YAY!

But - it's been almost a week and I still haven't heard anything from the program directly.  I'm weary to believe i've been accepted until i hear it from the program.  Any thoughts?  Anyone in a similiar situation?

Thanks & good luck!

Hey everyone! I'm applying for photography. I got a phone call from SAIC earlier today for the March 1st interview. Does anyone know if they group everyone together, or divide you up by majors? See you guys there!

when I had my interview there (quite a bit ago, things may have changed) they divided everyone up by majors. my interview was in a seminar room with two professors (neither of them were high up on the SAIC faculty hierarchy). they projected my slides and we talked about them.

PS: Did anyone's Columbia Slideroom status change from 2014 Painting to 2014 Painting MFA? I feel like that wasn't there before... Or maybe it was... I can't remember.

hmm. mine says 2014 New Genres MFA... but I also don't know what it said before because I haven't been checking it, so not sure if that helps haha.