MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I see a lot of people applying to Tyler, no surprise there, but what programs are y'all applying to? Am I the only sculpture applicant here? I don't know how big the other departments are. Sculpture at about 4-6 (per year, 8-12 total), I suppose the others are similar?

Keep your heads on everybody! Go get some tea, or some booze!

I applied to Northwestern as well, but haven't heard anything yet. I won't be surprised if I don't get an interview, as I think I'm more practice-based than they are looking for. For fellow University of Michigan applicants...has anyone been contacted for an interview yet?

I got my rejection today so if you didn't, presumably youll be contacted for an interview!

Congrats EDay27!

iomarch, I'm older than you are and I've seen older grad students around. Plus, you have one acceptance under your belt and UCDavis sometimes has excellent funding- or so I've heard.

Congrats EDay27!

iomarch, I'm older than you are and I've seen older grad students around. Plus, you have one acceptance under your belt and UCDavis sometimes has excellent funding- or so I've heard.

Yeah, I'm okay. I'm glad I have a safety net. But I just wanted to say it because so many people seem freaked out! I looked around the forums and we're the only ones with this huge long freak out thread, lol....

Yeah, I'm okay. I'm glad I have a safety net. But I just wanted to say it because so many people seem freaked out! I looked around the forums and we're the only ones with this huge long freak out thread, lol....

I think the long thread is good :-). We're talking...talking is good. I don't think we are any more freaked out here than any other group.

BTW, I remember someone getting in to Berkeley. There could be more but I remember this one because there was some discussion about the studios being some distance from the main campus and trying to decide between Berkeley and some other school with that in mind.

anyway, cheers!

I see a lot of people applying to Tyler, no surprise there, but what programs are y'all applying to? Am I the only sculpture applicant here? I don't know how big the other departments are. Sculpture at about 4-6 (per year, 8-12 total), I suppose the others are similar?

Keep your heads on everybody! Go get some tea, or some booze!

Sculpture people are here, we are just few and far between.  There is a separate sculpture thread where some of us are posting. 

Khromer- I applied to UT-Austin for Printmedia and haven't heard anything-- assuming no news is bad news.

Czarina-did you hear from Michigan via phone, email, snail mail, or on your online application?

I wish I had more options to apply to. This new program is considered the first foray into recruiting young artists. The field is graying and dying off and they're just realizing the whole veil of secrecy and boys club mentality is killing the industry.

Sorry to hear it, Loric. Rejections always suck, but they're always worse when they're vague, then try to offer suggestions that are equally vague. It really doesn't help anyone involved.

No, it was for exactly the reason I thought.

In other news, they're holding on to my transcripts in case I do reapply at some point down the road, but all the other paperwork has to be resubmitted. Rec, SOP, etc..

Sculpture people are here, we are just few and far between.  There is a separate sculpture thread where some of us are posting. 

I wiggled over to that forum as well, thanks.

No, it was for exactly the reason I thought.

In other news, they're holding on to my transcripts in case I do reapply at some point down the road, but all the other paperwork has to be resubmitted. Rec, SOP, etc..

I almost had an aneurysm when they were like, yea those letters of recommendation from your super busy undergrad faculty, yea you're gonna have to go ahead and get them again when reapply next year. Yeah, no, yeah.

>.<

I wiggled over to that forum as well, thanks.

I almost had an aneurysm when they were like, yea those letters of recommendation from your super busy undergrad faculty, yea you're gonna have to go ahead and get them again when reapply next year. Yeah, no, yeah.

>.<

I think if anything that's a primary reason I probably wont. The other stuff I can "get" so to speak, practice, toil.. etc.. but the recs? Screw that.

I'm also assuming cross SAIC off if there was no call for photography mfa's too

*crosses fingers at least one of the other three likes me enough for an interview*

I'll be crossing SAIC off as well. One down, one to go. And Northwestern concerns me, as they are so conceptual and I am so studio oriented.

@kafralal - Congratulations! I am happy to hear things are looking positive for the majority on here.

Go karfalal and eday and everyone else!

One interview means I am not crazy and maybe I have a chance elsewhere. I guess it's just a lot is riding on this for various reasons liked fanily things, career/job things, and of course knowing deeply there's this talent I have and love and enjoy and I would love the opportunity to return to it wholeheartedly and an mfa can afford me something of a break from 'career' and crap.