MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Hey friends,

I applied for these schools in ceramics:

U of Wisconsin, Madison (rejected)

UC Davis (rejected)

U of Delaware (accepted 2/19)

U Conn

Washington State U

VCU

Ohio U

Ohio State 

U of Minnesota

have other clay people heard from any of these schools?

Hi things_x2,

Great to hear from someone who studied at GSA! Like JoJoYang, I've also been very curious about their M.Des. Communication Design programme. I just got an acceptance yesterday!

I understand that you were in a different programme, but what did you think about the course work in general, and student satisfaction and growth? For me this is really the most important aspect.

JoJoYang - were you asked to respond (decline /  accept + pay deposit) within two weeks of receiving your offer? I feel that this is really too little time, especially when I'm looking at funding options and also considering other programmes.

Bhavik, 

I applied quite late and haven't heard back yet. Will let you know! 

A few questions driving me crazy-

1. Have any painters/2d folks out there heard from Syracuse? I got an email earlier this month saying I'd made it into the "top ten" applicants, but not a word since. Also curious if they conduct interviews in the painting dpt.?

2. Does anyone have any insight into the painting program at the University of Arizona? I was accepted earlier this month and the program sounds great. I applied because I liked the faculty/alumni work and the location out west, but I've never visited Tucson. Just wondering if anyone knows anything, I've had a hard time digging up info on this forum since it's mostly dominated by ASU.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and interviews! 

Hey friends,

I applied for these schools in ceramics:

U of Wisconsin, Madison (rejected)

UC Davis (rejected)

U of Delaware (accepted 2/19)

U Conn

Washington State U

VCU

Ohio U

Ohio State 

U of Minnesota

have other clay people heard from any of these schools?

Hey there Tara,

I applied to Ohio University for ceramics, haven't heard anything yet. I missed the OSU deadline unfortunately by a mistake on my part, but I did see that someone reported that they were accepted on the results page.

Good Luck!

has anyone heard from Rutgers?

Additionally, has anyone's Columbia slideroom status changed from 2014 Painting (or whatever) MFA to 2014 Painting. Or any other changes in the title? Per last years post this symbolizes that a decision has been made about your application.

Edited by mlk

It cannot be next Monday fast enough. Is there anyone from here going to the UO grad review day thing next week? If anyone else is, there is also a folklore lecture the day before on the Malawi people. Come see neat lecture!

I took the entire week off from work to spend time out west. I hear there are areas of the world that aren't covered in snow. I don't believe that can be true. Next Sunday's forecast is another 12 inches for my area of NY, day before my flight out. New England doesn't want me to escape.

Good luck! I was wondering what happened with you. Have a great time!

has anyone heard from Rutgers?

Additionally, has anyone's Columbia slideroom status changed from 2014 Painting (or whatever) MFA to 2014 Painting. Or any other changes in the title? Per last years post this symbolizes that a decision has been made about your application.

Mine is still 2014 Painting MFA. 

JoJoYang - were you asked to respond (decline /  accept + pay deposit) within two weeks of receiving your offer? I feel that this is really too little time, especially when I'm looking at funding options and also considering other programmes.

They did ask me that, though when I asked for an extension they were totally accommodating.

And thanks for your thoughts, things_x2. 

It cannot be next Monday fast enough. Is there anyone from here going to the UO grad review day thing next week? If anyone else is, there is also a folklore lecture the day before on the Malawi people. Come see neat lecture!

I took the entire week off from work to spend time out west. I hear there are areas of the world that aren't covered in snow. I don't believe that can be true. Next Sunday's forecast is another 12 inches for my area of NY, day before my flight out. New England doesn't want me to escape.

Hello I am also going to the uofo interview... im in the painting spectrum :) im in vancouver canada so its not a huge trek, but inspiring a fun road trip! and yes it is pretty warm out here right now!

Id be curious to touch base before we go!

I will see you there!

A few questions driving me crazy-

1. Have any painters/2d folks out there heard from Syracuse? I got an email earlier this month saying I'd made it into the "top ten" applicants, but not a word since. Also curious if they conduct interviews in the painting dpt.?

2. Does anyone have any insight into the painting program at the University of Arizona? I was accepted earlier this month and the program sounds great. I applied because I liked the faculty/alumni work and the location out west, but I've never visited Tucson. Just wondering if anyone knows anything, I've had a hard time digging up info on this forum since it's mostly dominated by ASU.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and interviews! 

I just heard back from Syracuse today that they are "interested in me becoming a part of the graduate program." And I also received that "top ten" email. Hopefully you will be hearing from them soon.

I remember seeing something on here about SlideRoom where if they changed the title to MFA or something like that it was a good sign.  Can't remember what school this was mentioned about, maybe Columbia?  Anyway, anyone know of anything like this for UC Berkeley?
(Thanks!  long time lurking, first post.)
Congrats everyone who has gotten good news so far!

Edited by MayorOrange

Hello everyone!

I have been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to join. It's my 4th year applying :) so hopefully I will get better results than all my previous attempts- but I am familiar with rejection. This time I am applying to only 2 schools - Columbia and SVA, both for sculpture. 

I went to SVA for my BFA, so I am more familiar with the school, and probably less excited as a result. 
Is anyone else applying to SVA?  Also, I am checking my Columbia slideroom status ten times a day ;), I know in the previous years they did change it to just "Painting/Sculpture/" etc instead of the same with MFA..

Hey everyone

This is my first post.  Just wondering if anyone has heard from UNC Chapel Hill?  I can't find any info on when they start contacting applicants.

Also, I had my interview at U Penn yesterday for all of you that have yours coming up.  They are hard to read but ask pretty basic questions (tell us about your work, what contemporary artists do you look to, what are you reading right now...)

Has anyone had an interview at PNCA yet?  Mine is tomorrow.

Good luck!

Hey everyone

This is my first post.  Just wondering if anyone has heard from UNC Chapel Hill?  I can't find any info on when they start contacting applicants.

Also, I had my interview at U Penn yesterday for all of you that have yours coming up.  They are hard to read but ask pretty basic questions (tell us about your work, what contemporary artists do you look to, what are you reading right now...)

Good luck!

Hey yellowbear, 

I have a friend who has been asked for a phone interview tomorrow (2/20), she's preparing for it as we speak. That's all I have heard :/ Good luck!

I called in exactly two weeks ago and was told that invitations were to be sent out the week of the 10th (was rejected by email the day after I called, har). That being said, since myself and a few others have already received our rejections, perhaps no news is good news?

has anyone heard anything positive from university of michigan? i still havent heard a peep...

Edited by Czarina

I just heard back from Syracuse today that they are "interested in me becoming a part of the graduate program." And I also received that "top ten" email. Hopefully you will be hearing from them soon.

You were right! I got an email this afternoon, (different wording, they want to "continue the discussion" about Syracuse over the phone. Hmmmm?) Congrats and thanks for the heads up! 

Hey everyone

Good luck!

I heard UNC Chapel Hill plans on sending their acceptance and waitlist results sometime this week. Unlike other programs they do not conduct interviews.

Hey everyone

Good luck!

I applied to Chapel Hill as well and haven't heard anything.

just received call from Indiana U- Bloomington for sculpture! It was an impromptu interview...so nerve racking. 

He said we should know very soon who got accepted.

Congratulations!  Hopefully Printmaking will follow their lead.