2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

Austin is awesome.  I grew up in San Antonio so I spent a lot of time in Austin - mainly for concerts  Plus wait till you tube on the rivers in late spring early summer.  Nothing like floating down a river with a bunch of beer.

ugh I'm still dying to hear back from them

No news is probably better than bad news at this point. If you want to know, I'd suggest sending your POI an email asking about your application status.

It's been pretty quiet lately.... is this the calm before the storm?!

Bunch of rejections from WHOI on the results search! Also, I called UW today and they said that the majority of the invites to open house have been sent out.

Bunch of rejections from WHOI on the results search! Also, I called UW today and they said that the majority of the invites to open house have been sent out.

Washington or wisconsin? I never know haha

Honestly I think it'll be a trickle from here on out.  It seems like if we're not rejected from some of these top schools we're just in second option limbo.  

Honestly I think it'll be a trickle from here on out.  It seems like if we're not rejected from some of these top schools we're just in second option limbo.  

WHOI final decisions all come on the 28th i'm fairly sure.

Talked with someone that said that admissions at whoi are still ongoing; an email I sent to the education coordinator in mc&g said the same thing. I think most of the faculty are at the ocean sciences meeting in Hawaii, too.

Accepted into CU Boulder for a PhD.

EDIT: Geological Sciences department, fyi

Double edit: I forgot, if anyone else is still waiting to hear from from the geology department at CU Boulder they said they hadn't sent out a bunch of their acceptances yet. Also, it seems I am funded but no word on what that package entails exactly.

Edited by reeses_pieces

Accepted into CU Boulder for a PhD.

EDIT: Geological Sciences department, fyi

Double edit: I forgot, if anyone else is still waiting to hear from from the geology department at CU Boulder they said they hadn't sent out a bunch of their acceptances yet. Also, it seems I am funded but no word on what that package entails exactly.

Congrats!! I hope the funding package is nice