2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

hi Vaalbara, how did you hear from Oregon State? Mail/Email/or on the website? I applied to OSU but have not heard anything from them.

Emailed my POI, he told me the (bad) news. Received an email a few days later, then got a letter in the mail with the same message.

hi Vaalbara, how did you hear from Oregon State? Mail/Email/or on the website? I applied to OSU but have not heard anything from them.

I'm still in the dark as well, i called a few days ago and they said to expect a response any day now...

Anyone heard back from University of Maryland, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences(AOSC) or Purdue (Earth & Planetary Sciences) for MS/PhD?? I am awaiting them since a long time.

Anyone heard back from University of Maryland, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences(AOSC) or Purdue (Earth & Planetary Sciences) for MS/PhD?? I am awaiting them since a long time.

I've applied for the Maryland. I've not been given any answer yet.

Oh admission, where art thou?

Know someone who's waiting for Purdue (Earth and Planetary Sciences PhD candidate).

Emailed the graduate director at Scripps to try to see where they were at.  They plan to make final decisions by the week of March 17-21.  If you're still "under review" then they haven't rejected you yet and its still a possibility.  

Emailed the graduate director at Scripps to try to see where they were at.  They plan to make final decisions by the week of March 17-21.  If you're still "under review" then they haven't rejected you yet and its still a possibility.  

Out of curiosity, what program did you apply to. I hope you get in! 

EDIT: Also, that timeline makes a lot of sense since their open house is next Thurs/Fri. I'm sure the plan is for advisers to make their final decisions on students who haven't been fully accepted then. 

Edited by reeses_pieces

Somebody else get the email with the "We hope to have all decisions out the week of March 17-21 ….. " ????

Yes, I did as well. I think they sent it out to everyone, seeing as I've been conditionally accepted (pending my official transcripts matching my unofficial one)  :o

What time of day do emails usually go out? Checking my email every 10 minutes to see nothing is killing me haha.

I don't think there is any definite time of day although most of the emails I've received have been in the evening. 

ASU made its first round of offers a few weeks ago, and the prospective/recruitment weekend was last weekend. Because the first round of acceptances was a few weeks ago now, I would imagine there was also a large first round of rejections that went out as well. If that's the case I would say that if you haven't heard anything you're probably on some sort of a wait-list deal. 

Or, as we all know, getting professors to do anything on time is like trying to nail jello to a wall, so perhaps some people just haven't made decisions yet. 

ASU made its first round of offers a few weeks ago, and the prospective/recruitment weekend was last weekend. Because the first round of acceptances was a few weeks ago now, I would imagine there was also a large first round of rejections that went out as well. If that's the case I would say that if you haven't heard anything you're probably on some sort of a wait-list deal. 

Or, as we all know, getting professors to do anything on time is like trying to nail jello to a wall, so perhaps some people just haven't made decisions yet.

Is funding tight at ASU this year? I had talked to two POI there (albeit they collaborate quite a bit) and they both told me that they weren't going to be able to take students this year because there funding situation was not what they expected. I want my application fee back! Haha