Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2014--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Yeah, the only thing holding me up is that I haven't seen any applicants to the RPC program report anything, including visits/interviews, nor have I seen any RPC folks report interviewing past years

I applied to RPC and I'm going to the welcome weekend - but that's all I know so far.

I have just skim read the 26 pages of this thread - has anyone else heard from Pitt? My application status is still showing as "incomplete" despite the fact that under each item in the list of required items it clearly states "received" - baffling.

I've not heard from CMU (which is actually not comm) either but I'm assuming it's a no. 

Rejected by UW Madison.

It seems that the official emails of notification will be coming soon, for those interested...

You should be hearing from UGA soon.  The committee turned in their decisions early yesterday morning.  Admin is preparing the letters/responses to applicants.

You should be hearing from UGA soon.  The committee turned in their decisions early yesterday morning.  Admin is preparing the letters/responses to applicants.

Do you know if they plan on sending mail or email for responses? 

Thank you for the intel! :)

Has anyone heard from Maryland, Northwestern, or Arizona State PhD programs? I am pretty sure UMD is rejecting me, but I am totally in the dark about Northwestern. ASU accepted me without funding so far. If anyone was accepted to ASU with funding, but is planning to decline, please let me know so that I have something to hope for!

Thank you for the intel! :)

Anytime Eileen!  I don't know how they plan to contact.  You should get a letter/packet in the mail.  They only accepted 6 with funding.  You can check the online web portal to see if there is any info.  I knew I was in trouble when I checked and no longer had access, so I called them.  That's how I received my reject bomb over the phone.  You can call Debbie Sickles and ask her.  I will be seeing some of the faculty at ICA in Seattle in May.  But, if you read my most recent posts, I will have to move on from academia.  There is no support for my candidacy anywhere that I can attend.  This is sad for me, as quite frankly, I have not heard of any other candidate who is about to publish (3rd revise and resubmit status), got paper accepted as sole author to ICA's health communication division and identified $50,000 in outside funding for my dissertation topic (apparently unheard of in the social sciences/communication).  I thought all this would make me a strong candidate, but apparently-----not.  Best of luck to you!

Has anyone heard from Maryland, Northwestern, or Arizona State PhD programs? I am pretty sure UMD is rejecting me, but I am totally in the dark about Northwestern. ASU accepted me without funding so far. If anyone was accepted to ASU with funding, but is planning to decline, please let me know so that I have something to hope for!

Eileen? Is that you?

I have just skim read the 26 pages of this thread - has anyone else heard from Pitt? My application status is still showing as "incomplete" despite the fact that under each item in the list of required items it clearly states "received" - baffling.

This is a known issue and has been mentioned several times in this thread (and speculated as the reason for the delayed admission notifications this year). I heard that someone successfully resolved this problem by contacting the graduate secretary.

STILL no word from Northwestern... try the status checker? Hopefully any day now!

Isn't the visit weekend this weekend? My guess is that they won't update until after their visit weekend.

Does that mean a group of applicants was invited to visit, and the rest of us weren't? Or is this just an open invitation thing?

I emailed them to ask about the timeline, and they said to expect an answer by late next week or early the following week.

At NW visit now - they told us that it's a recruitment weekend with us being finalists and meetings with faculty being interviews.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

At NW visit now - they told us that it's a recruitment weekend with us being finalists and meetings with faculty being interviews.

Good luck and congrats! I guess that gives me a BIG indication of my chances!!

Has anyone here been offered an assistantship to Wake Forest and is not planning to take it? WFU is my last best hope and I am waitlisted for an assistantship :-(

Can anyone who has heard from NYU's MCCD state whether they received formal acceptance/rejection letters? Is there any indication if everything already went out?

I still haven't heard a thing and am thus somewhat dumbfounded.

Can anyone who has heard from NYU's MCCD state whether they received formal acceptance/rejection letters? Is there any indication if everything already went out?

I still haven't heard a thing and am thus somewhat dumbfounded.

I got the rejection email yesterday. 

Was told of rejection when I called them, but still have not received an official email or letter by mail. Today is Sunday, March 9th. Only 6 were accepted with funding out of 83 applicants to UGA.