[[Insert Screaming Here]]

GirlattheHelm

It was totally random day, a totally random time, and an absolutely perfectly insane off the cuff moment. I could hardly get in the doorway to my apartment after spending the better part of my morning auguring down to find the best/most consistent stratigraphical location spot for our archaeological season's unit. My landlady was seeing guests out and I was waiting to get up the porch to go upstairs. Then I saw it. My landlady moved a fraction and a large envelope, on the steps up to my apartment (which is my mailbox), was visible with a schools seal on the address label. My heart hit my jaw and I had to restrain myself from falling off the porch and hiding in the bushes (no, I don't know why that was my first thought). Anyway, my landlady had a big grin on her face when she finally let me go by to attack the envelope...

Well, I have been accepted by my top choice! With possible funding! Oh, prayers have been answered, and then some... I can finally be excited and terrified about life again! I can execute this year with a bang and I am so glad to have a sense of myself back...

But, more importantly, I need to thank all of you, who were there spouting information, condolences, buck-up commentaries, and much needed laugh-out-loud moments. This side of the internet is a fantastic ethereal landscape of graduate application everything. For all the hard and upset factors to this process, I think this forum helped some of us keep it together - especially when we all feel or have felt our worst during this process. Hopefully this 'place' will be open for many application seasons to come and will become an even better tool, as much as it is a pressure release valve, for all the good folks trying so desperately to get into a program.

Now, for everyone out there still waiting, Good Luck to you all now and in all future adventures, and god speed to the letters that will give you that restful frame of mind called 'knowing'. For those of you accepted and heading off, I wish you safe travels, good fortune, and have a stellar first year!

And, finally, for all of you just out there lurking while we pour our hearts out - shows over, go back to work! :lol:

Thank you all so very much! It's been fun listening to all of your stories and knowing we're all not alone trying to chase our future aspirations, even when it feels like we're going in circles.

I hope, whether it's Plan A or Plan Z you're relying on, that things work out for everyone. I sincerely count myself as lucky, as all of us with acceptances are in one degree or another, so I don't take this opportunity lightly. But be assured that I didn't know, and at this point didn't think, it would happen at all. That was the lowest point and after accepting it I realized if it didn't work out there is still a lot in life to get done and even if it did happen, that means I have even more stuff to do.

Since it was my greatest fear, for anyone who does gets skunked this run, please try and try again. And for anyone who gets an acceptance, work your damnedest - even if you're living off pizza crust and second class beer.

I congratulate everyone in getting this far through the process - March is a maddening month. Plus, everybody I've seen who has been genuine and constant here has putting so much effort into helping each other - whether its these great congratulations or that chin up, stride on comments for people we don't even know.

This forum and its peoples are freakin' fantastic! :D

Thank you all so very much! It's been fun listening to all of your stories and knowing we're all not alone trying to chase our future aspirations, even when it feels like we're going in circles.

I hope, whether it's Plan A or Plan Z you're relying on, that things work out for everyone. I sincerely count myself as lucky, as all of us with acceptances are in one degree or another, so I don't take this opportunity lightly. But be assured that I didn't know, and at this point didn't think, it would happen at all. That was the lowest point and after accepting it I realized if it didn't work out there is still a lot in life to get done and even if it did happen, that means I have even more stuff to do.

Since it was my greatest fear, for anyone who does gets skunked this run, please try and try again. And for anyone who gets an acceptance, work your damnedest - even if you're living off pizza crust and second class beer.

I congratulate everyone in getting this far through the process - March is a maddening month. Plus, everybody I've seen who has been genuine and constant here has putting so much effort into helping each other - whether its these great congratulations or that chin up, stride on comments for people we don't even know.

This forum and its peoples are freakin' fantastic! :D

We feel your joy! :) Congratulations!

YAY! Congrats, GirlattheHelm! :)

And this is wisdom.

Yay! I've been rooting for you!

And just so you know, I think if you hadn't gotten in anywhere, you'd have just as many, if not more, encouraging, sincere comments. You're a great part of gradcafe! And one of the few real faces (to me that's brave).