Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Just got a totally unexpected letter by email from University of British Columbia.

"I am pleased to inform you that we are recommending your admission into the PhD programme in Anthropology..."

and then it gets even better:

"Due to your outstanding academic record, you have been selected as a recipient of UBC's premier Four Year Doctoral Fellowship...."

Funding includes all tuition & fees and living expenses, and any TA money is on top of that. I'm floored.

Holy whoa! Congrats!! :)

Just got a totally unexpected letter by email from University of British Columbia.

"I am pleased to inform you that we are recommending your admission into the PhD programme in Anthropology..."

"Due to your outstanding academic record, you have been selected as a recipient of UBC's premier Four Year Doctoral Fellowship...."

Funding includes all tuition & fees and living expenses, and any TA money is on top of that. I'm floored.

That is amazing!! Congrats! 

WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing! Congratulations!!!  :)  :D

Anyone here considering going to UNC Chapel Hill? Feel free to PM me! Just got off the phone with a new incoming prof there, and had another chat with the director last week... they pretty much fund for 5 years if they need to, they are building up summer and language study funding, and they entered me for some extra funding I hadn't even heard of, and just sort of mentioned it offhand. I've never been but people have told me the area is beautiful...

Anyone know anything about Chapel Hill's program or area? Welcoming all thoughts!

Just got an official acceptance to Boston U via e-mail!! 5 year fellowship. So excited! Its nice to have some positive feedback after a few rejections.

Best of luck and good vibes to all those still waiting!!  

congratulations!!! its so late in the season and such positive news! What is your area ? 

Thanks Daisy!! My area is legal anthropology, which is a strong focus within BUs department. It was a really great fit for me. 

Just got an official acceptance to Boston U via e-mail!! 5 year fellowship. So excited! Its nice to have some positive feedback after a few rejections.

That's amazing news! Congratulations! Will you be accepting?! :D

That's amazing news! Congratulations! Will you be accepting?! :D

Thanks sarab and Kaitri!!

I'm still waiting on a couple of other responses, so I'm not certain of anything yet. My partner and I are also trying to coordinate program, so still lots of decisions to make!

Received my Northwestern rejection the other day. Personal email from POI telling me that they were super tight on admissions this cycle, especially in Linguistic Anthropology. She was king enough to tell me that the admissions committee was genuinely impressed with my work, just didn't think I was the best fit. 

Congrats to everyone accepted!

Hey, congratulations!!! Glad the first one to hear back from BU was an acceptance  :) Hope this bodes well for the rest of us.

Congrats to everyone with recent acceptances and the opportunity to decide between multiple offers!

April 15th is the absolute deadline to hear back from schools by right, MA or PhD?  I'm still waiting on 3 schools, plus 1 wait-list... Do schools usually notify wait-listed candidates by April 15 as well?

Rejected from Columbia! Checked the website and there was an update. I am so over 2014.

tumblr_m74bq3Zlxu1r8yxpm.gif

Came to post basically this exact thing. I high-fived my friend when I saw. They were confused at my exuberance over being rejected. 

I've received two fellowship rejections from WUSTL, but still no word from the anth department. Basically, I'm just expecting a rejection from them at this point, and I am over it. Ready to move on with my life....

Edited by CulturalAnth