2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

i have the same issue, but on my status page it also says to allow the admissions office 3-4 weeks after the deadline to fully update the status info. The likelihood is that they received your score but are still in the process of matching the scores with the applications they received.

im not sure what the deadline was for your app, but i wouldnt freak out over it. maybe check in with them later this month?

Normally, I'd agree. But this school states:

If your official scores have been received into our main student data system, they will not populate back to your applicant status page for at least 24 hours after submission of your application.

If you took or requested test scores be sent after submitting your application, then it takes 3 weeks from the time an applicant requests test scores from ETS for them to be received electronically and then posted as official to your applicant status page.

Given that it's been over 24 hours and I sent my scores back in October....I emailed them right away and gave them all my info. I'd rather not wait three weeks on an incomplete app. Yikes. 

But I also thankfully knowing this is on them...and I'd rather pester them about my scores and have them tell me it just takes longer to pull them up than to get removed from the applicant pool over missing scores. 

Edited by m-ttl

Normally, I'd agree. But this school states:

Given that it's been over 24 hours and I sent my scores back in October....I emailed them right away and gave them all my info. I'd rather not wait three weeks on an incomplete app. Yikes. 

But I also thankfully knowing this is on them...and I'd rather pester them about my scores and have them tell me it just takes longer to pull them up than to get removed from the applicant pool over missing scores. 

ah ok. yeah i think you did the right thing. i doubt they'll pull you out of the pool right away though for a missing test score since that could be contributed to many factors, not just the applicant's oversight.

hope you hear back from them soon!

Their deadline is Dec. 4th! Congrats to whoever got in, though. 

Still...you'd think that means the committee practically had to work through Christmas.

...In other bizarre test score issues, I just remembered I have one school telling me I'm missing my TOEFL score. I messaged them about that -- I'm a US citizen and my primary language is English. It's a bit ridiculous to ask me for a TOEFL. I get that they have a disclaimer: "Not all applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores, please check your program's website for information on TOEFL requirements." -- but it still marks my application as incomplete. I think I'd be happier with the application process if it didn't ask me for things I don't even need.  Talk about unnecessary anxiety. 

Their deadline is Dec. 4th! Congrats to whoever got in, though. 

Still...you'd think that means the committee practically had to work through Christmas.

...In other bizarre test score issues, I just remembered I have one school telling me I'm missing my TOEFL score. I messaged them about that -- I'm a US citizen and my primary language is English. It's a bit ridiculous to ask me for a TOEFL. I get that they have a disclaimer: "Not all applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores, please check your program's website for information on TOEFL requirements." -- but it still marks my application as incomplete. I think I'd be happier with the application process if it didn't ask me for things I don't even need.  Talk about unnecessary anxiety. 

hahah that's ridiculous! I'm sure that's a system error though, and they should be able to "waive" it for you. The fact that they have to manually waive the TOEFL req for you is so silly though.

I message them about it several days ago...still nothing back. It SHOULD be relatively obvious. I was born abroad so I ~suppose~ the mistake could have been made but I'm a US citizen by birth. As far as I know(?) the TOEFL is for foreign students -- so it's not even as if they could have ""made the mistake"" of assuming because I'm Mexican-American I speak Spanish as my primary language. 

Hi, everyone! New to this site/forum, and I had a question regarding the "waiting" process. I graduated from college in May, 2013 and am taking a gap year volunteering with a French paintings curator who is working on a monographic exhibition at a large institution. I have only applied to one MA program: the Courtauld (and to only one "special option" on top of that... talk about an all-or-nothing application). I was wondering if any of you have had experience with applying to the Courtauld... I hear that interviews aren't generally set up until late March (if asked to interview, that is). Is this normal? Seems late. :/ I know it's not easy to provide a solid answer, but I figure I should ask those of you who have been through this process before!

Thank you!

I don't know anything about Courtauld, but maybe try checking the results page to get an idea of the timeline? 

I got my TOEFL problem fixed. It was triggered because I was born abroad. 

Bon chance to everyone! Anyone else apply to Stanford? They said they should be getting back by Feb 1st. Oh my lord, let the torture begin  - and watch the dominos fall.

No, but I wish you lots of luck! That feels really early to me. I feel like if I got any responses in February (early feb.) I would be caught off guard. 

Anyone else regret signing up for mailed info from schools? Every time it see an info/advert mailing I freak out for a second thinking it's "the letter."

i didn't sign up for any but that'd kill me! too much anxiety-inducing.

Anyone else regret signing up for mailed info from schools? Every time it see an info/advert mailing I freak out for a second thinking it's "the letter."

The general GRE list hasn't given me anything from Art History programs that I'm applying to, and I haven't been home in ages. My apartment is shared with three other students, and we all share one mailbox  ( :rolleyes: ) so I left my mail key with my roommate since hers doesn't work and haven't checked it all winter break. I also don't expect to start hearing back from anywhere until mid-late feb? 

Do your schools not specify that you'll receive an admissions decision online first, Loric? I feel like I won't bother waiting for a "letter". That kind of waiting was painful enough with undergraduate admissions.

Does anyone want to join me in harassing the science people to see if they have a time machine so we can speed this whole process up?

I have to say if they've got a time machine Grad school apps are low on my list of things to see. 

....Tacky multi-colored originals of statues in Greece and Rome, anyone? Or the Dunhuang Caves in full glory... 

The Sphinx with its nose still attached? 

I think as soon as Monday hits (when my last semester starts) I'll be too busy to stress nearly as much. I have two jobs, which should help incredibly with distractions. 

As for TV shows...I spent all of finals week re-watching Elementary and Sleepy Hollow. I also enjoy a good Kdrama, so if you like historical dramas, those might be a good place to start? I love watching TV as a distraction, although unless you speak Korean you'd probably have to pay more attention to it. (Might be a good thing?). 

...and....second to last app is due today. Totally not sure I want to apply anymore, but I guess I might as well. All the work besides submission is already done.