2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

I know I got my Northwestern rejection on Valentine's Day last year while I was at CAA. I'd already figured it out but it was a good excuse to order a ridiculous quantity of pizza and veg out for the evening.

Already figured it out? What made you lose confidence? I know someone who got accepted to NU on valentine's.

I think I have 2-3 schools who give Feb. acceptances so I'm being driven nutty waiting. Luckily (or unluckily) even if I got a Valentine's rejection, I'll be at my Museum's seasonal exhibitions opening party, and it's a friday so after work is over I can go out for drinks.

lucky me - my birthday is right around Valentine's, so if rejections start coming in good thing it'll be time for a ridiculous amount of cake and booze anyway.

looks like michigan has started to contact finalists for their admit weekend?

I didn't apply, but my friend did, and she's probably going to be glued to her phone all day...

Already figured it out? What made you lose confidence?

I'd run into my probable advisor earlier that day and it was INCREDIBLY strained and awkward, and on top of that I wasn't that great a fit/personalities hadn't really meshed well. I wasn't upset, mostly I was annoyed that the rejection had taken so long when there'd already been several rounds of them.

I'd run into my probable advisor earlier that day and it was INCREDIBLY strained and awkward, and on top of that I wasn't that great a fit/personalities hadn't really meshed well. I wasn't upset, mostly I was annoyed that the rejection had taken so long when there'd already been several rounds of them.

Ahhh, that makes sense. AFAIK my friend said he got accepted as late as the 14th (we were discussing how it feels to wait) so I suppose they must do "waves" of acceptances + rejections. I find it curious that a lot of schools do this in Grad admissions: not rejecting everyone at once or not accepting them all at once seems weird! I guess they're trying to gauge the responses of students in rounds? But with students schools know they're going to reject, the sooner I hear back imo, the better. :/

Good luck with your top choice!

Uh-oh, there's a Princeton Art Hist PhD acceptance up.. that's one of mine! Art Hist and Archaeology.. must try not to worry even more. There's nothing on telly and Blizzards servers are down - I have nothing to distract me!!

Congrats to the princeton admit.

Arghh, one down five to go, I guess!

Uh-oh, there's a Princeton Art Hist PhD acceptance up.. that's one of mine! Art Hist and Archaeology.. must try not to worry even more. There's nothing on telly and Blizzards servers are down - I have nothing to distract me!!

This is one of mine too!! Didn't think anything would come up this early - so nervous!

Got my first acceptance (informal). (It's a canadian school, just to not give anyone the wrong idea about timelines).

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!!!!

Did you apply for an MA or PhD? I applied to MA programs at McGill and UToronto so I wonder if it was one of these two...  :unsure:

Any reason why you suspect those rejections?

Mentions here & among other places of top candidates being contacted, people receiving interviews at places I didn't think interviewed at all (interviews weren't mentioned in other cycles)... one school has decisions dropping in early feb, and never changed my application to read as "complete" (it's a manual change, everything is actually IN. They fixed my TOEFL issue I mentioned earlier in the thread, but still haven't marked me as complete) and I'm suspecting at this point they've rejected me and decided not to bother marking my application as complete or under review.

I'm almost tempted to just email them outright and ask if my application was reviewed at all. :/ I paid an exorbitant amount of money for that fee.

It's certainly pessimistic of me, but at the same time, what gives?