2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

anyone heard back from USC yet? my status on the website changed to 'you'll be notified via postal mail' and it also says they don't disclose admission decisions by any other means. Despite what they say about not disclosing decisions via phone/e-mail, this probably means a rejection....right?

Mine says the same thing and I heard nothing from them prior to this. I will say that a very close friend of mine is a graduate student in this program and she gave me some insider info over lunch last week. She said normally they do a dinner and invite potential students to meet w graduate students. They didn't do that this year. She said she never heard anything about recruitment at all, which is unusual. I never saw a single interview on the results page for this year either. Last year there was NO incoming class, they made 4 offers and each person turned them down. Some lame things are going on in the department and things are messy. It's possible that the mailed letter is a rejection, that's what I'm thinking for myself (my status is the same as yours). After hearing her talk about her unhappiness there as well as her classmates, I wouldn't accept an offer from them myself. Life is too short to be miserable. If it is anyone's to choice then I wish them the best, I certainly don't want to sound like I'm pissing on anyone's rainbow, but it sounds like there are some legit issues there and a very prominent faculty member was denied tenure and students have left. She also said that USC is trying to craft themselves into an "Ivy League school of the west" and another friend that applied last year and was denied said they won't accept you if they can't fund you and they can't fund you unless your GRE scores are very high. I feel like a total gossiper right now, sorry. PM me if you want more dirt.

Edited by catsrgods

I'm just going to say that I will not check the UT Austin application until they email me because, seriously, the set up for that application was insane and I got so confused and do not need to revisit that right now.

Right? Their application was insane and stressed me out, and I never get stressed. That means it was bad!

Mine says the same thing and I heard nothing from them prior to this. I will say that a very close friend of mine is a graduate student in this program and she gave me some insider info over lunch last week. She said normally they do a dinner and invite potential students to meet w graduate students. They didn't do that this year. She said she never heard anything about recruitment at all, which is unusual. I never saw a single interview on the results page for this year either. Last year there was NO incoming class, they made 4 offers and each person turned them down. Some lame things are going on in the department and things are messy. It's possible that the mailed letter is a rejection, that's what I'm thinking for myself (my status is the same as yours). After hearing her talk about her unhappiness there as well as her classmates, I wouldn't accept an offer from them myself. Life is too short to be miserable. If it is anyone's to choice then I wish them the best, I certainly don't want to sound like I'm pissing on anyone's rainbow, but it sounds like there are some legit issues there and a very prominent faculty member was denied tenure and students have left. She also said that USC is trying to craft themselves into an "Ivy League school of the west" and another friend that applied last year and was denied said they won't accept you if they can't fund you and they can't fund you unless your GRE scores are very high. I feel like a total gossiper right now, sorry. PM me if you want more dirt.

The letter arrived today, and it was a rejection. Thanks for the info since that doesnt sound like a program i wouldve wanted to attend either (had they admitted me, that is)...i wonder if they're making any offers at all given what your friend said about not hearing anything about recruitment?

Anyhow, hope theres some good news coming down the pipe soon for you and me both...this wait is killing me!

The letter arrived today, and it was a rejection. Thanks for the info since that doesnt sound like a program i wouldve wanted to attend either (had they admitted me, that is)...i wonder if they're making any offers at all given what your friend said about not hearing anything about recruitment?

Anyhow, hope theres some good news coming down the pipe soon for you and me both...this wait is killing me!

Bummed, I was expecting my rejection letter today but nothing! I live an hour from USC, you'd think mine would be here already. I did see one interview for USC a few days ago (I searched today) and I haven't heard anything. They must be recruiting, but maybe not to the extent that they had been in the past. There is usually a dinner and that hasn't happened yet. Oh well, into better things, right ;)

hello all.

just signed up.

Anyone hear anything from NYU/the IFA?

good luck and thank you.

From what I can gather from the results search (and around the forums), the IFA tends to send out notices LATE. Like mid-to-late March late. It looks like they start interviewing PhD candidates in late February, so you'll probably have to wait a bit longer. Sorry!

Thank you Romulus! I really appreciate your reply.

Apart from NYU/IFA I applied to a handful of Architecture HTC programs... Haven't heard from anyone yet though..and started a separate thread accordingly.

I noticed a few rejections via the website for Northwestern. I checked my status and it still says no decision has been rendered. I find this hard to believe since I wasn't contact for an interview, I know I am not still even being considered. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Perhaps the rejections are just going out in waves? I'm wait listed for another program closer to home that I'd prefer to take, but I'd kinda like to know what's going on over there! 

Accepted to my tippy top choice! I'm still waiting to hear from Rutgers, UC Riverside, and UNM. Anyone hear anything from those guys yet?

Did you apply to MAs or PhDs in those schools? I bet UNM announces the results this week.

I noticed a few rejections via the website for Northwestern. I checked my status and it still says no decision has been rendered. I find this hard to believe since I wasn't contact for an interview, I know I am not still even being considered. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Perhaps the rejections are just going out in waves? I'm wait listed for another program closer to home that I'd prefer to take, but I'd kinda like to know what's going on over there! 

Dunno! I got my rejection today, was expecting it. What is disappointing is the rest of my schools will probably notify in march. Another wait period ahead. :/ 

Dunno! I got my rejection today, was expecting it. What is disappointing is the rest of my schools will probably notify in march. Another wait period ahead. :/

Hmm. I def don't look forward to waiting till March for more disappointment, but it is what it is. I will check the website tomorrow to see if it's changed yet. Might have been sent out in waves. Thanks for the response and good luck!

Hmm. I def don't look forward to waiting till March for more disappointment, but it is what it is. I will check the website tomorrow to see if it's changed yet. Might have been sent out in waves. Thanks for the response and good luck!

I also have not heard anything :/ Best of luck!