2014 SLP Admissions Thread

AGREED! It's 30 today here, and people are acting like it's summer haha!

Well maybe this isn't where I should rub in that it will be sunny and 75... okay maybe not 75 but the high today was be 63 here in San Diego. ;) 

Gotta love the southwest! 

Well, I've been waitlisted. The email said I can call back after spring break to see what number I am. I think there is a lot of movement on the UT wait list, so there is still a chance. It's been an emotional 24 hours!

Well, I've been waitlisted. The email said I can call back after spring break to see what number I am. I think there is a lot of movement on the UT wait list, so there is still a chance. It's been an emotional 24 hours!

Congrats! I'm on the waitlist also. I'm interested to see where I sit, but I probably won't be going there!

Well maybe this isn't where I should rub in that it will be sunny and 75... okay maybe not 75 but the high today was be 63 here in San Diego. ;)

Gotta love the southwest! 

Hehe, high of 70 here in San Jose today.  ^_^ Though as a friend recently said, we'll be bathing out of Dixie cups by summer, so we shouldn't be too smug. :P

Edited by caterpillar

Congrats! I'm on the waitlist also. I'm interested to see where I sit, but I probably won't be going there!

Thanks! I thought maybe it would be waitlist since so many people got either acceptances or rejections yesterday. Congratulations to you too and good luck with your other schools!

Congrats to all those hearing back. I've yet to hear ANYTHING from any of my 9 schools, besides an interview with LLU and I was supposed to have one today with ACU, but it had to be postponed until next week. Anxiously waiting to hear from schools - but oh well, thankful for the opportunity to apply and congrats to all the new 2014 SLP's :) hopefully i'll be there with you guys soon! 

Congrats to all those hearing back. I've yet to hear ANYTHING from any of my 9 schools, besides an interview with LLU and I was supposed to have one today with ACU, but it had to be postponed until next week. Anxiously waiting to hear from schools - but oh well, thankful for the opportunity to apply and congrats to all the new 2014 SLP's :) hopefully i'll be there with you guys soon! 

I'm in the same boat! Haven't heard anything besides an interview with Brooklyn College! Hopefully we will be hearing soon! Good luck!

I'm in the same boat! Haven't heard anything besides an interview with Brooklyn College! Hopefully we will be hearing soon! Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Our time will come, good luck on that interview if you haven't had it yet! :) 

This week has felt really slow to me. I've only heard from one school this week (SIUC) and was hoping to hear from more.  I just want to know so I can start deciding where I'm going to school!!  

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.  If you haven't heard back from any school yet, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel!!

@Kearly I rec'd an email from Loyola on 02/26 - "We appreciate your patience during this process and anticipate notifying all applicants of their admission status by the end of March. As a courtesy, when a decision letter is mailed out to you, I will notify you via email so that you can, in turn, notify me if you do not receive it in a timely manner."  (It also had some info about financial info sessions, etc).  Hope this helps!  I'm looking forward to hearing from them, too :) 

Not sure about Loyola, but Towson usually issues their decisions before spring break, which this year, is 3/16-3/23.  

Thank you so much! 

Also, has anyone heard anything from University of South Carolina or South Florida yet?

This week has felt really slow to me. I've only heard from one school this week (SIUC) and was hoping to hear from more.  I just want to know so I can start deciding where I'm going to school!!  

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.  If you haven't heard back from any school yet, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel!!

It's like living in a cold hell to be honest; a depressing, un-ending, wintery, cold hell. LOL.

Edited by krcgator

It's like living in a cold hell to be honest; a depressing, un-ending, wintery, cold hell. LOL.

Oh, you mean Chicago? ;)

Seriously though, sending good vibes your way - hoping you hear something good soon!!

Oh, you mean Chicago? ;)

Seriously though, sending good vibes your way - hoping you hear something good soon!!

LOL That, I couldn't imagine. I grew up in Florida and am now in NC, which is beautiful 10 months out of the year! These two months of ice, rain and cold are killing me! Now making a run to the mailbox..wish me luck on any news!

Edited by krcgator

LOL That, I couldn't imagine. I grew up in Florida and am now in NC, which is beautiful 10 months out of the year! These two months of ice, rain and cold are killing me! Now making a run to the mailbox..wish me luck on any news!

Jealous!!!  Good luck on your mailbox run!

Rejected from James Madison...

I'm not having a good feeling about this year :(

Aww, I'm sorry!  Is that your first notice?  If so, it stinks that it's a rejection, but you've still got six more schools to hear from!

Jealous!!! Good luck on your mailbox run!

Aww, I'm sorry! Is that your first notice? If so, it stinks that it's a rejection, but you've still got six more schools to hear from!

Definitely wasn't my first choice, but it stings to get your first notification is a rejection. I just pray that an acceptance is coming! Edited by _fairydust

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS, I GOT INTO FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I think I can reveal that it was my top choice school and I am definitely accepting (so anyone who applied to any of my other schools, know that you have one less competitor). They have the BEST autism program - which I also have to apply for, so expect me to continue posting with more application worries - and I'm SO excited about this!

I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I find myself checking and rechecking the letter they emailed (yes, it was email). This doesn't feel like real life.

I'll probably post again more when this has sunken in. But in the meanwhile OMG I GOT IN!!!!!!!

Edited by autismadvocate

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS, I GOT INTO FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I think I can reveal that it was my top choice school and I am definitely accepting (so anyone who applied to any of my other schools, know that you have one less competitor). They have the BEST autism program - which I also have to apply for, so expect me to continue posting with more application worries - and I'm SO excited about this!

I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I find myself checking and rechecking the letter they emailed (yes, it was email). This doesn't feel like real life.

I'll probably post again more when this has sunken in. But in the meanwhile OMG I GOT IN!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I'm unbelievably happy for you! I'm glad to hear you were accepted to your top program!!!

Thanks so much everyone for the congratulations! And thanks for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself, that means a lot.

I tried to up vote everyone's congrats, but it told me I've 'reached my limit of positive votes for the day' so I couldn't. But either way, just know that I think you all are super awesome, I'm still going to stay involved on this board because I feel like we're a team (or even, dare I say it, a family) here and I've gotten to know you guys and I'm rooting for every single one of you to succeed!