Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

My mind is about to EXPLODE. I just got an email saying that I was accidentally rejected for the museum studies for GWU when I've actually been accepted!! I have to lie down or throw up now......

WOW congrats KBHistorian! I felt my stomach flip for you when I read that. How crazy. Hoping that today is a great day for acceptances!! :)

Thanks JTE! I have a good feeling about today and tomorrow... since this is already the 3rd week in February I feel like a bunch of schools will hopefully try to release decisions by the weekend... hoping we all get some more good news to report soon, and some more green to highlight school names in our signatures!! :)

WOW congrats KBHistorian! I felt my stomach flip for you when I read that. How crazy. Hoping that today is a great day for acceptances!! :)

Haha thanks Anna Leigh! It's been an emotional roller coaster for sure!

I hope everyone else hears good news today!!

I got a letter like that when I applied for undergraduate at UofT. I applied for a program for non-highschool grads to get in...they originally wrote that I am not qualified and have rejected me. A week later I got a letter saying that they meant to say that based on my essay etc. I am over qualified for the program and will support my full entrance to the university.

Needless to say it was troubling at the time but it is comical now. Just be thankful they noticed the mistake!

Hey KB Historian, I just got an email from the DGS at NCSU saying I'd been waitlisted for funding...which is a bummer, because I probably won't be able to attend unless I get funding....but hopefully you'll hear a decision soon!

On a more positive note, I got accepted into Texas Tech yesterday and they offered me a TAship for 13k/yr along with partial tuition and fees waived!  I'm really glad I heard about that first, it helped to offset the news today.

Aubstopper, that's awesome! Always nice to meet a birthday buddy. But I totally understand your position, I also underestimated the importance of all of this and the likelihood of rejection. I went into this process overly confident, and now I'm probably over compensating for that confidence with fear of not being admitted anywhere. I also would have applied to more places and contacted more POI directly, while I made some direct contacts I didn't make enough and underestimated the importance of that contact. Oh well, c'est la vie. I still have hope I'll make it in somewhere, but am also coming to terms with the prospect of not. If I don't, there's always next cycle. 

Hey KB Historian, I just got an email from the DGS at NCSU saying I'd been waitlisted for funding...which is a bummer, because I probably won't be able to attend unless I get funding....but hopefully you'll hear a decision soon!

On a more positive note, I got accepted into Texas Tech yesterday and they offered me a TAship for 13k/yr along with partial tuition and fees waived! I'm really glad I heard about that first, it helped to offset the news today.

I understand what you're saying, Aubstopper. I'm not sure I've ever felt this vulnerable in my life, and I suppose I got hit hard with a case of imposter syndrome about a week ago, reaching its apex after receiving the Duke rejection. I find myself second guessing every decision I made during the application process, but I think it's starting to subside. As you suggested, I've started to realize how many other people have yet to hear from programs and that all it takes is one school to send an acceptance. We'll see what happens. Sorry about Princeton.

Anyone else still waiting on Toronto? They're taking a strangely long time to reply to PhD applicants...by last year's record, they should have responded by last week.

Edited by telkanuru

I saw I had an email...

Subject line said "Department of History".......

My heart skips a beat as I open it...........

It was an email from SE Missouri State's public history program that I did not apply to, and who clearly just bought my info from the College Board.

You're killing me Smalls.

That's a solid post about fit Aubstopper, and good luck today everyone!