Fall 2015 Applicants

Same here, I didn't hear back from Stanford, Duke, Columbia, Harvard and Michigan, and seems like everybody got their enterviews lined up.

Just going to drown in a pool of despair (or vodka, vodka sounds better!)

Also when did Michigan interviews go out?  

I don't believe regular Columbia anthro (not SMS or anthro and education) has a formal interview process, but they often have POIs individually contacting students to chat. I had a rather doom-and-gloom meeting with a POI in the fall (not a lot of hope for medical anthropology at Columbia) and she explained it a little to me. Let's all just keep crossing our fingers!

Oh man that downtime was killing me.

I put up the Stanford interview invite. Looks like they're aiming for 14 applicant interviews back-to-back-to-back, all on the same day from 9am to 4pm. With no lunch break. I guess they'll be snacking while listening? Not sure if all the invites have gone out yet or not, but it was just a generic email to "Dear ANTHRO Graduate Admissions Applicant," so that sounds like a batch email.

Good luck to all! There's light at the end of this tunnel somewhere.

That is super generic! Did anyone else hear anything?

I wish their site would just inform you if you're rejected or not...I'm not sure that I'm even interested in Stanford anymore, but it would be nice to know!

Has anyone else not heard ANYTHING from ANYWHERE? I mean...I'm assuming that Cornell and Berkeley are nos, since some people have posted acceptances for both, but other than that I'm getting 100% radio silence. I mean, perhaps it has something to do with the relatively late due dates for my schools (January 1st or later)? And I guess hearing nothing with nothing posted in the results is better than hearing nothing while other people have results....but really though? Really?

Has anyone else not heard ANYTHING from ANYWHERE? I mean...I'm assuming that Cornell and Berkeley are nos, since some people have posted acceptances for both, but other than that I'm getting 100% radio silence. I mean, perhaps it has something to do with the relatively late due dates for my schools (January 1st or later)? And I guess hearing nothing with nothing posted in the results is better than hearing nothing while other people have results....but really though? Really?

Well, UMass and Boston are likely behind due to about four feet of snow, so probably not going to hear from them in the next few days. Knowing that doesn't keep me from refreshing Spire like 5 times a day, sooooo

Total silence for me too. I'm assuming no acceptance at two places on account of not getting interviews, but yeah...going a little crazy having heard nothing at all from anyone else!

Yeah, I'm so sorry I didn't want to freak you out, I'm the one freaking out here, let's not mix it!

The thing is, as NOWAYNOHOW says, the enterview process is very different for each university. Sometimes they want to speak with you, sometimes they don't, it doesn't necessarily defines your options (or lack of them) everywhere. I had no idea that the (very informal) conversations that I had with some of the faculty at NYU counted as "enterviews" until I entered de "results search" here at GC and saw that every kind of conversation (after the deadlines) counted as enterviews for many people...

I was infected with the "freak-out" virus, let's do some group therapy  :D

NOTHING.  NOTHING!  It's driving me insane.  I assume that Northwestern, Duke, Berkeley and Stanford are nos, and Oregon is a maybe.  Harvard (joint Middle Eastern Studies and Anthropology) and Boston University had mid-January deadlines, so that doesn't surprise me, but everyone else was an early or mid-December due date.  Make up your minds and notify us already!!!

NOTHING.  NOTHING!  It's driving me insane.  I assume that Northwestern, Duke, Berkeley and Stanford are nos, and Oregon is a maybe.  Harvard (joint Middle Eastern Studies and Anthropology) and Boston University had mid-January deadlines, so that doesn't surprise me, but everyone else was an early or mid-December due date.  Make up your minds and notify us already!!!

Dont assume Duke is a no! Those of us who were rejected already have been informed :)

Hey guys, long term lurker here. I'm in the same boat as some of you with total bleeping silence minus one formal rejection from Princeton (with encouragement from my POI to reapply next year....huh?!?!). I hold an MA in Anthro, with an admittedly less than mindblowing GPA of 3.4, but I beat the GRE averages for admitted PhD students at top anthro programs by 3-4 points (on the 30 point scale) in Qual and Quant each - according to the score data on Magoosh. I have excellent letters of recommendation from both my MA professors and also one from a distinguished leader in my theoretical interests whom I've corresponded with for years, and I had encouraging contact with POI's in the months leading up to application deadlines. Not so much as an interview yet. These are dark times...

I had a Michigan interview 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. They called it an "interview," not just a conversation with faculty.

Congrats for the interview and good luck with the process!! I wonder which track you are in. I suppose Michigan only interviews with linguistic anthro applicants, right?

Congrats for the interview and good luck with the process!! I wonder which track you are in. I suppose Michigan only interviews with linguistic anthro applicants, right?

Nope. I'm squarely soci-cultural. I don't know how interviews play a role in their process...whether they interview all "finalists" or only some. Thanks for the luck!

Dont assume Duke is a no! Those of us who were rejected already have been informed :)

Really?  I see all those Evolutionary rejections, but I applied to cultural.

I've started personifying the phenomenon, just to cope.

Oh wow, look who's emailing me again. Nobody. He will NOT leave me alone, he's like - totally obsessed with me. It's embarrassing.

I love this!  I've had so many emails from my part time jobs, and several emails not intended for me - I've started cursing at them when I see that they aren't grad schools.  My phone, too: "Hmm, 505?  F@$k you local New Mexico number!  If you're not in one of the cities I applied to programs in, I don't want to talk to you!  Same goes for you Colorado telemarketers - f#$k off!"

Same boat! Wondering if anyone on here can claim the Penn State interview? 

Hey Suavesana, could I ask you how did you get to know about your rejection from Duke? Like was it a mail or the web page or something else? I'm sorry for asking, I know it must be painful  :unsure:  I just wish to know already and start torturing myself.  :P

Where is this mysterious results page everyone keeps talking about?

Scroll up to the top of the page and check the nav menu tabs under the Grad Cafe logo...second to last one is Results Search. You can look for a specific school/program/department and see all the results that have come in so far and in previous years. It's true, though, it will start to take over your life...tread carefully, haha.