Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

On 1/23/2015 at 1:22 AM, deltaqsquared said:

No, we're talking about UWashington. I saw that they did interview last year as well. Thanks for the reminder.

I am in my second cycle, and am not as optimistic as I was last year...

I'm just gonna go with no news is good news right now. All the best and hoping it will be more fruitful for you this time around! 

Well done everyone.

Anyone claiming the FSU acceptance? I'm not entirely unsurprised to not have heard anything yet.. unfortunately many of the faculty I wanted to work with left, but after I'd already send my transcript + GRE. 

Silence from OSU, FSU and that early rejection from Emory puts me at a probable 0/3.. but still 11 to go.  :unsure::)

Next up from the places I'm applying is probably going to be Penn State who seem to send out acceptance in the final days of January.

Edited by AuldReekie

EDIT: checked.

Suspecting that next week is UW-Madison, WUSTL, and Duke.

Sweats nervously.

Next up from the places I'm applying is probably going to be Penn State who seem to send out acceptance in the final days of January.

Sweats more nervously.

Well done everyone.

Anyone claiming the FSU acceptance? I'm not entirely unsurprised to not have heard anything yet.. unfortunately many of the faculty I wanted to work with left, but after I'd already send my transcript + GRE. 

Silence from OSU, FSU and that early rejection from Emory puts me at a probable 0/3.. but still 11 to go.  :unsure::)

Do not fret about it (I know, easier said than done). The fact is all you really need/want is one good offer and that will make your day (and night). 

Like you said, still 11 to go. I have not heard yet from any of the programs I applied to (though none of them are the ones you mentioned). 

The wait is laborious and consuming. At this point I just think it best to remove myself from my laptop and find a project to occupy myself. 

I saw someone post on the results page that Stony Brook contacted them for an interview. Has anyone else been contacted? I have not heard anything from them.

I haven't heard from them either.

ed. By the way, the down-vote on your post was an accident (posting from my phone), sorry.

Edited by Bubandis

Hi all;

Congrats to those who have been admitted to the Ohio State University. It is really a great program. I also applied OSU but my application status still says 'pending'. I am aware that no chance remained for admission to OSU but I want to ask for my remaining applications. Do the universities generally announce their decisions one by one as in OSU? Also, I read so many entries about the interviews via email or phone. This is my first cycle and I am not very knowledgeable about the processes but before applying I always heard that in U.S, interview is an exceptional case especially for international applicants. What are your views about these two points?

Good luck for everyone.

Congrats to those already receiving acceptances.  It's my first time applying, but I've been lurking for a few years in anticipation.  Best of luck to everyone.  The waiting is stifling!

Hi all;

Congrats to those who have been admitted to the Ohio State University. It is really a great program. I also applied OSU but my application status still says 'pending'. I am aware that no chance remained for admission to OSU but I want to ask for my remaining applications. Do the universities generally announce their decisions one by one as in OSU? Also, I read so many entries about the interviews via email or phone. This is my first cycle and I am not very knowledgeable about the processes but before applying I always heard that in U.S, interview is an exceptional case especially for international applicants. What are your views about these two points?

Good luck for everyone.

Of the schools I am applying to, OSU appears to be the only one that interviews. So I wouldn't worry about not having interviews from your other pgorams, most don't. As far as I can tell, OSU didn't announce one by one..it came up on the website first, I assume for everyone that was in, and then I got a nice email. I am also in at Georgia, and it was the same there; first it was up on the website, then I got an email. 

EDIT: checked.

Suspecting that next week is UW-Madison, WUSTL, and Duke.

Being that last year's acceptances came on Monday (1/28) and 2013's acceptances came on Monday (1/27), I'm betting on Monday (1/26) for our first round of action from UW-Madison.  It looks like (personalized?) emails were the notification method of choice in 2014 which broke from notice-by-post in 2013.  Formal rejections appear to follow sometime thereafter (same-week in 2014, next-week in 2013). 

Edited by svan

Rolling admissions at Binghamton? Not applying there but its deadline is on the 1st of February

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing. Very weird and I don't like it at all. I was planning to apply there but this makes me not wanna apply.

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing. Very weird and I don't like it at all. I was planning to apply there but this makes me not wanna apply.

Indeed, I was also thinking whether to apply or not and I reached your same conclusion..

Previous year WUSTL and couple of other schools made their decisions at this time. I think decisions from Stanford, UCLA and UC San Diego also can be announced in the upcoming week, given decision schedule previous year.