2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

1.) This is the cell/molecular/biology forum.
2.) Do you accept the unmistakable evidence that all life evolved from a common ancestor over at least 3.5 billion years of geologic time?

I think you're in the wrong subforum.

In fact! Delete the quote? I'll delete my post.

Edited by Turretin

At this point no news is bad news right?  I'm wondering mainly about UCSF Tetrad.  Invitations were sent out before Christmas, as mentioned above, but there also haven't been any rejections sent out.  Does that mean the deadline for responding about the interview just hasn't passed yet, and they're sitting on the applications until then?

I don't  think no news is necessarily bad news unless it's for programs that have confirmed that all interviews have been sent out. Many schools do interviews in waves and a lot of them will be in February. Unless you got a official, hard rejection, I'd say chin up! It is nerve wracking but you never know. I see interviews posting on the results page from programs I thought were done sending out invites.

Got an interview to Umiami PiBS a few days ago, and just got my rejection to Sloan-Kettering today.

Also didn't get an interview to Rockefeller, so expecting a rejection. 

At this point no news is bad news right?  I'm wondering mainly about UCSF Tetrad.  Invitations were sent out before Christmas, as mentioned above, but there also haven't been any rejections sent out.  Does that mean the deadline for responding about the interview just hasn't passed yet, and they're sitting on the applications until then?

I am waiting to hear back from them too. According to my extensive research, all interviews have been sent out for Tetrad and we should be receiving rejection letters soon. But, you never know for sure! I saw one or two email invites that were sent out last year during the wave of rejection letters.

I have also been informed that invites for the Chemical Biology PhD program at Harvard will probably come out this afternoon. 

Good luck

Harvard Chem Bio invites are coming out this PM!

I have also been informed by the graduate coordinator that they possibly will come out this afternoon. Let us know if you hear anything. 

Has anyone heard from the Stem Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine home program at Stanford Bioscience? I'm trying to decide whether I should go ahead and accept a different interview offer that happens on their weekend or hold out hope that they haven't sent invites yet...

I called the department, and they said that notifications should go out at the end of this week or early next week!

At this point, I am just waiting on someone to report they got an invite so I stop checking my email every other minute..

same...98 applicants and 30 are being interviewed - i'm sure we'll hear something soon...

At this point, I am just waiting on someone to report they got an invite so I stop checking my email every other minute

Same here....  I know some of the grad students in this program and they all love it. Good luck

Great job getting us stats! 

in a moment of desperation i called the program coordinator for the umpteenth time. the coordinator said that invites should go out this afternoon, but the've been experiencing difficulties of some kind. I called again at 5 but no answer. It may be that they're still working on these "difficulties," or they've sent all invites. praying for the former! here's to hoping, I suppose

To those who are still waiting on Stanford Biosciences:

I received an email earlier today congratulating me on my recent invitation, but that they really do need 2 copies of official transcripts (my bad) and I would have to send it before the interview. This was the first contact I have received from Stanford since the initial confirmation of application submission. I followed up to confirm that I was selected for an interview, to which they responded that invitation packets were sent out via postal mail earlier this week.

So if you haven't heard from Stanford yet, make sure you are checking your mail this week!

I received an email earlier today congratulating me on my recent invitation, but that they really do need 2 copies of official transcripts (my bad) and I would have to send it before the interview. This was the first contact I have received from Stanford since the initial confirmation of application submission. I followed up to confirm that I was selected for an interview, to which they responded that invitation packets were sent out via postal mail earlier this week.

So if you haven't heard from Stanford yet, make sure you are checking your mail this week!

So do you know if they are sending invites via email at all? o.o

Edited by amertume

in a moment of desperation i called the program coordinator for the umpteenth time. the coordinator said that invites should go out this afternoon, but the've been experiencing difficulties of some kind. I called again at 5 but no answer. It may be that they're still working on these "difficulties," or they've sent all invites. praying for the former! here's to hoping, I suppose

Thanks for sending us the update. 

Applied to Stanford Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine. Received the same email from them today and followed up to confirm I was invited. Sounds like they will send another email and a packet by mail. Unbelievably excited!! Especially after not hearing back from Harvard BBS or UCSF BMS.

Edited by mikef522

Applied to Stanford Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine. Received the same email from them today and followed up to confirm I was invited. Sounds like they will send another email and a packet by mail. Unbelievably excited!! Especially after not hearing back from Harvard BBS or UCSF BMS.

I wish I had gotten that email! But I already sent 2 copies so maybe that's why I didn't get it...

Does anyone have updates of these four schools: Scripps, Emory-neuroscience, Georgetown-neuroscience, Hopkins-neuroscience?

Scripps: I noticed that there have been many interviews sent. I emailed and got reply that my application was still in the review process. Anyone knew if they are done sending invites?

Emory: I got reply as "The Admissions committee has met and decided on applicants to invite for initial interviews. Final decisions are on a rolling basis and notifications via email will start mid-January and continue until April 15th." However, I saw the post of interviews from mid-Dec and some rejection from Jan 8.

Georgetown: No rejection yet. Do they start sending interview recently?

Hopkins: It seems that most interviews have been sent out. Does that mean that I am just waiting for rejection soon?

Any info in terms of the situation for these four schools will be very appreciated! Thanks!

Does anyone have updates of these four schools: Scripps, Emory-neuroscience, Georgetown-neuroscience, Hopkins-neuroscience?

Scripps: I noticed that there have been many interviews sent. I emailed and got reply that my application was still in the review process. Anyone knew if they are done sending invites?

Emory: I got reply as "The Admissions committee has met and decided on applicants to invite for initial interviews. Final decisions are on a rolling basis and notifications via email will start mid-January and continue until April 15th." However, I saw the post of interviews from mid-Dec and some rejection from Jan 8.

Georgetown: No rejection yet. Do they start sending interview recently?

Hopkins: It seems that most interviews have been sent out. Does that mean that I am just waiting for rejection soon?

Any info in terms of the situation for these four schools will be very appreciated! Thanks!

I contacted Hopkins neuroscience and all invites have been sent out and I was rejected. sorry :(