HGSE Fall 2015

workink

Someone posted on the results page that the Admissions office noted that not all invites for the EDLD have been sent out yet.  Here's to a little bit of hope that the rest of us get an invite this week.  Harvard's classes and offices are closed today due to the storm.  I can't take this anxiety anymore!

I just called admissions and asked if all interview invitations were sent...they were...womp womp womp. I hope to hear from other schools soon. Good luck to everyone else. 

For those hoping the EdM decisions will come earlier, just remember that the EdLD interviews haven't happened yet and that those candidates had the option to be considered for EdM programs were they not successful in securing an EdLD position. So maybe it will be earlier than March 6, but probably not more than a day or two as they need to sort out the (small number of) EdLDs who interviewed but aren't admitted before they release the batch of EdM decisions.

Edited by PeterQuince

For anyone who applied to IEP, I asked admission directors for the size of the cohorts, I got 2 different answers.

The first one said it is 55-60 students, 40% international and the other said ~75 students and also, 40% international.  (This year, there are 75)

IEP is one of the bigger cohorts along with EPM and TIE. This year IEP was the largest one.

Just thought I'd share that! 

Hope everyone is staying sane, unlike me!

I had a dream last night that I was admitted, which means that most likely I'll be rejected.

It is torture that they wait until early March... they know other schools are having visit days and we are having assistantship interviews while keeping Harvard in the background. gahh.

Edited by higheredhopeful

For those hoping the EdM decisions will come earlier, just remember that the EdLD interviews haven't happened yet and that those candidates had the option to be considered for EdM programs were they not successful in securing an EdLD position. So maybe it will be earlier than March 6, but probably not more than a day or two as they need to sort out the (small number of) EdLDs who interviewed but aren't admitted before they release the batch of EdM decisions.

Wait... does this mean the those EdLD applicants who aren't accepted to the program can possibly take the spot of a regular EdM applicant in one of the EdM programs?  :(

Wait... does this mean the those EdLD applicants who aren't accepted to the program can possibly take the spot of a regular EdM applicant in one of the EdM programs?  :(

It does - not sure if their interviews are over or have started. They only enroll 25 students.

but whoever doesn't get in and had the option to be considered for Ed.M will be notified the same day as us and yes, can take the spot of a regular Ed.M applicant :(. They submit a Ed.M SOP and everything. 

Edited by rhfer

Hi everyone, 

A little late to the party--I applied to the PSP program.  I get why we're hoping for March 6th, but I wonder if the "late March" estimate given on the admissions site was posted last year.  Does anyone know?  

Edited by mcc.lpm

This goes for @mcc.lpm and everyone else wondering when results have been posted in the past years. This is all of the information I could find based on past threads, the times are based on when most people started posting they had received e-mails or saw changes on the application website:

2014 - Friday March 7 - 6:30pm

2013 - Friday March 8 - 5:30pm

2012 - Wednesday March 6 - 6:30pm

2011 - Tuesday March 8 - 4:30pm

2010 - Tuesday March 9 - 5:30 pm

According to this, Friday March 6 after 5pm sounds pretty accurate. Hope this information is helpful. Good luck to everyone! 

Hi everyone, 

A little late to the party--I applied to the PSP program.  I get why we're hoping for March 6th, but I wonder if the "late March" estimate given on the admissions site was posted last year.  Does anyone know?  

Hey mcc, you are only the second person I've seen on this thread that applied to the PSP program! Do you mind sharing some of your stats? Just wondering what the profiles and backgrounds of other PSP applicants are lie....don't feel pressured at all, just curious!

This goes for @mcc.lpm and everyone else wondering when results have been posted in the past years. This is all of the information I could find based on past threads, the times are based on when most people started posting they had received e-mails or saw changes on the application website:

2014 - Friday March 7 - 6:30pm

2013 - Friday March 8 - 5:30pm

2012 - Wednesday March 6 - 6:30pm

2011 - Tuesday March 8 - 4:30pm

2010 - Tuesday March 9 - 5:30 pm

According to this, Friday March 6 after 5pm sounds pretty accurate. Hope this information is helpful. Good luck to everyone! 

Thanks, jose_lr!

Good luck as well! Hope we're both accepted into IEP!

What I wonder is if the HGSE website said "late March," as it does now, in prior years.  Based on these statistics, though...next week looks pretty promising.  

Hey mcc, you are only the second person I've seen on this thread that applied to the PSP program! Do you mind sharing some of your stats? Just wondering what the profiles and backgrounds of other PSP applicants are lie....don't feel pressured at all, just curious!

My stats are pretty unremarkable: 3.02 undergraduate GPA at a state college in California.  3.89 in my current teacher preparation program.  Not particularly exceptional GRE scores.  I applied for the prevention practice strand.  How about you?  

My stats are pretty unremarkable: 3.02 undergraduate GPA at a state college in California.  3.89 in my current teacher preparation program.  Not particularly exceptional GRE scores.  I applied for the prevention practice strand.  How about you?  

Nice! 3.5 from a state university in Texas. I'll have my JD in may with around a 3.0 GPA for law school. Not exceptional GRE scores either but did get a 4.5 on the AW that seems to be right at average for HGSE. I applied to the prevention research strand! Next week is looking like a promising date. I think they put "late March" on the website just as a precautionary measure and probably to limit the emails they get from applicants-- if it said "early March" or just "March" then I think after the first few days of the month they would probably get a large influx of admissions emails, calls, etc.

What I wonder is if the HGSE website said "late March," as it does now, in prior years.  Based on these statistics, though...next week looks pretty promising.  

According to the previous threads, it said "late March" at least for the last couple of years.

Edited by jose_lr

According to the previous threads, it said "late March" at least for the last couple of years.

Interesting and exciting!  Thanks, Jose. 

Nice! 3.5 from a state university in Texas. I'll have my JD in may with around a 3.0 GPA for law school. Not exceptional GRE scores either but did get a 4.5 on the AW that seems to be right at average for HGSE. I applied to the prevention research strand! Next week is looking like a promising date. I think they put "late March" on the website just as a precautionary measure and probably to limit the emails they get from applicants-- if it said "early March" or just "March" then I think after the first few days of the month they would probably get a large influx of admissions emails, calls, etc.

I think I'm coming around on the idea of next week.  I was hesitant to get excited but you're right, it really is looking promising.  Are you planning to tie your law education into the research strand, or is this a purposeful step away from the legal field? 

Interesting and exciting!  Thanks, Jose. 

I think I'm coming around on the idea of next week.  I was hesitant to get excited but you're right, it really is looking promising.  Are you planning to tie your law education into the research strand, or is this a purposeful step away from the legal field? 

I would definitely be integrating my legal and educational backgrounds together. I have experience with undocumented immigrant youth from Texas and have served in the dual capacity of legal aid and education. Just something that I would like to keep doing! The anticipation is killing me right now