HGSE Fall 2015

workink

I asked them if the admissions results would be delayed because of closures, they replied: 

Thank you for your email. Applications are currently under review and we will send out admissions notifications by the end of March to all applicants. 

Interviews for EdLD went out last Thursday. They start like this:

"Dear X,

Based on an evaluation of your application, we would like to invite you to interview for the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The level of interest and depth of the pool of candidates made this selection process a difficult one, and we have identified you as a promising candidate for our sixth cohort. Congratulations!"

Thanks for the sharing! would you mind telling about how the interview goes? will they focus on questions related about your research interest or more general

Big congrats to everyone admitted and best wishes for everyone who is waiting!!!! Any friend got an interview could share your experience about the interview?  Is it kind of general or narrowed down to research interests. Thanks a lot.

Someone posted on the results page that they were accepted to the PhD program via postal service yesterday (February 13). Can this person or anyone else who was accepted this week tell me whether or not you had an interview? Rational or not, I'm maintaining hope!

Someone posted on the results page that they were accepted to the PhD program via postal service yesterday (February 13). Can this person or anyone else who was accepted this week tell me whether or not you had an interview? Rational or not, I'm maintaining hope!

That was me - I received the official admissions package yesterday, but I already received calls from the Dean and my POI.  I also had an interview. 

Honestly, congratulations, but that seems like whistling past the graveyard a bit. I am not sure what revelatory information can be gleaned from learning that you are now receiving materials already associated with your admission, which was already official. I am sure you mean no ill will.

For everyone applying to the PhD, I just logged on to the GSAS app website and noticed it said "Decision available" - I'm not sure if this is just for the admitted folks or for everyone but worth a check. I had definitely not seen it there last weekend.

For everyone applying to the PhD, I just logged on to the GSAS app website and noticed it said "Decision available" - I'm not sure if this is just for the admitted folks or for everyone but worth a check. I had definitely not seen it there last weekend.

I think it's just for admits, I was rejected (not officially, but no interview) and it still says "Submitted". No idea why they won't let us know officially...

I think it's just for admits, I was rejected (not officially, but no interview) and it still says "Submitted". No idea why they won't let us know officially...

Hmmm, ok.  Just in case - since it is not quite obvious when you login, if you do have a decision, there is a line just at the very end of the GSAS Application section, well below where it says "Application status: Submitted" - its very missable - that reads "Decision Status: Available beginning ..."  

Unfortunately, I think camly91 might be right. I didn't get an interview, and I don't see the Decision Status note either. Thanks for taking the time to show us exactly where to look for the information.

"….With your permission, we would like to include your name on the short list of alternate candidates…"

Womp womp. Oh well this doesn't come as a surprise at this point. I've had contact with my POI and Faculty Director of Admissions at HGSE. Disappointed with admit purgatory, but congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Hoping Ed.M results are out a week sooner than usual *fingers crossed*  :D

I'm with you on that one. I'm still thinking that it'll be Friday, March 6th based off of previous years. And as a sports fan, Harvard plays Yale in basketball that night on ESPN so hopefully I can celebrate an acceptance and cheer on the Crimson!

prior to applying I remember reading through last year's forum posts and as time went by everyone got more and more anxious, and I promised myself I wouldn't do that. BUT, alas, here I am! More anxious with each passing day and really wondering how all the days the school was closed will impact decision dates for the masters programs.

So I show up to work each day, and am pretty sure anxiety is just seeping out of my pores! Hate the waiting game!

Hoping Ed.M results are out a week sooner than usual *fingers crossed*  :D

Question about when Ed.M candidates will hear! I know that our status will be updated on our online accounts, and I also realize that there's no update to our statuses yet. BUT every time I look at my account, where it says "see your status below" --- there's nothing there to see. Like it doesn't even say "pending" or "submitted" or anything. Very weird. Will it only say something once they've made a decision? Or is something up with my page?

"….With your permission, we would like to include your name on the short list of alternate candidates…"

Womp womp. Oh well this doesn't come as a surprise at this point. I've had contact with my POI and Faculty Director of Admissions at HGSE. Disappointed with admit purgatory, but congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Hey, don't worry too much. I know a few people who actually got off the wait-list at HGSE. Sit tight! 

Question about when Ed.M candidates will hear! I know that our status will be updated on our online accounts, and I also realize that there's no update to our statuses yet. BUT every time I look at my account, where it says "see your status below" --- there's nothing there to see. Like it doesn't even say "pending" or "submitted" or anything. Very weird. Will it only say something once they've made a decision? Or is something up with my page?

That's how mine looks, too. I don't think it will change until the decisions are ready.

I keep rereading my SOP every other day for some odd reason. Somedays I think I might actually have a shot. Other days I feel I'm an idiot to have applied and not kept many options open. The misery must end soon! 

I do the exact same thing, GradSchool'15! Rereading my SOP and religiously checking Gradcafe has become my de facto full time job. 

Only 15 more days until March 6.... that is if results don't come a week sooner!

Let's just hope that the closed days due to the snow didn't cause any significant delays. I'm with some of y'all on the rereading of the SOP, etc. and thinking I have a good chance and then other days thinking I have no chance and that I should have retaken the GRE. I'm hoping my unique background will possibly help me. Is anyone else waiting on notifications from the Kennedy School regarding the Zuckerman Fellowship? I think we are supposed to hear back next week or early the following week.