HGSE Fall 2015

workink

Hey everyone! I'm an international applicant looking to get admitted to the IEP program at HGSE this fall. Decent GREs, low undergrad GPA (economics), started my own Ed based Non profit back in 2010 - now operating in 5 cities in India, strong SOP and LORs. Other than my own organisation, have some experience working in rural India on a fellowship program last year, also worked on another fellowship with an International non profit in 2011. 

Browsing through discussions from the previous years is making me both excited and very nervous. Looking forward to surviving this long wait with all of you! 

Any other international applicants/current students? What kind of funding options can we look at? 

Edited by GradSchool'15

Hey everyone! I'm an international applicant looking to get admitted to the IEP program at HGSE this fall. Decent GREs, low undergrad GPA (economics), started my own Ed based Non profit back in 2010 - now operating in 5 cities in India, strong SOP and LORs. Other than my own organisation, have some experience working in rural India on a fellowship program last year, also worked on another fellowship with an International non profit in 2011. 

Browsing through discussions from the previous years is making me both excited and very nervous. Looking forward to surviving this long wait with all of you! 

Any other international applicants/current students? What kind of funding options can we look at? 

Hello fellow IEP applicant! Awesome creds. I think you're everything they're looking for! Not sure about funding for us international students, I'm still looking for some scholarships. Maybe you've seen this, but here is a  start: 

http://www.gse.harvard.edu/sites/default/files//financialaid/documents/finaid-allcountries.pdf

Hi,

Have all masters applicants received the FinAid emails? Is there anyone who haven't yet received. I applied to EdM in Human psychology and development.

I'm a masters applicant and I have received the FinAid email. But I am an international student, so I only had to fill out the online form.. not sure how and if International students really get FinAid. 

Edited by rhfer

I'm a masters applicant and I have received the FinAid email. But I am an international student, so I only had to fill out the online form.. not sure how and if International students really get FinAid.

I am an international applicant too but haven't received the finaid package yet. Was wondering if this connected to the application status.

I don't think it has anything to do with application status. Based on past threads, everyone gets the email. I would email them as soon as you can. I emailed them about a question when I got the form and I haven't gotten a reply yet. 

Hi,

Have all masters applicants received the FinAid emails? Is there anyone who haven't yet received. I applied to EdM in Human psychology and development.

Hi,

I am an international applicant and I haven't received the financial aid e-mail either. Since the initial  information said we would receive an e-mail around the end of the month and everyone seems to be getting them on different dates, I'm just going to wait a few more days. 

Hello fellow IEP applicant! Awesome creds. I think you're everything they're looking for! Not sure about funding for us international students, I'm still looking for some scholarships. Maybe you've seen this, but here is a  start: 

http://www.gse.harvard.edu/sites/default/files//financialaid/documents/finaid-allcountries.pdf

Hey! Thanks for saying that. The more I read about the program, the more I am convinced that it's the perfect fit for me. Now if just Harvard would realise that I'm the perfect fit for them too haha.

Yes I went through this link. Most scholarships need you to have an acceptance before you apply which makes it tricky. Lets keep sharing these scholarship links anyway though, you never know someone might find something useful. 

Hi all, applied to Ph.D. in education, I havent heard anything about my application status. Everyone's application status already turned to complete? If so, I should call thwm directly..as they never reply to my email

Hi all, applied to Ph.D. in education, I havent heard anything about my application status. Everyone's application status already turned to complete? If so, I should call thwm directly..as they never reply to my email

Mine still says "submitted", which seems to be the norm (remember the PhD app is through FAS not HGSE, and so is slightly different). According to the results page, interviewees should be hearing back tomorrow or early next week!

Is anyone else having this problem with the online FinAid app? When I press "Save" it directs me to a different page, but there is no way for me to navigate between the other pages. Once I hit save, it doesn't let me go to the pervious page. 1 page asks for outside sources, the other asks for my undergraduate institution. I left a question blank by accident and can't get back to it :(

Edited by rhfer

Did any PhD applicants hear anything today?

Nope, still nothing on my end. Last year's first result post was on Jan 23rd but we'll probably hear back next week. The problem is that if you don't get an interview, it can either mean you're accepted straight away or you're rejected... So I guess it would just mean more waiting! 

Nope, still nothing on my end. Last year's first result post was on Jan 23rd but we'll probably hear back next week. The problem is that if you don't get an interview, it can either mean you're accepted straight away or you're rejected... So I guess it would just mean more waiting!

Actually having the interview is a prerequisite for admission - no interview = no admission.

Actually having the interview is a prerequisite for admission - no interview = no admission.

Yeah, the website makes it seem interviews are a prerequisite for admission...

Yeah, the website makes it seem interviews are a prerequisite for admission...

I see... I thought I saw a post from last year saying "admission without interview" but I guess it was from something else :/ fingers crossed then!!

I see... I thought I saw a post from last year saying "admission without interview" but I guess it was from something else :/ fingers crossed then!!

Yeah I saw that too, but that was only one person :/ Either way, probably safer to go with what's on the webpage. If you happen to get accepted without an interview, all the better! :D