HGSE Fall 2015

workink

Have any international applicants (masters) received FinAid applications? I haven't yet. 

I got it about a week ago, and other international master's applicants in this thread commented that they'd gotten it too. Did you check your Spam folder?

Looks like people are getting interviews for PhDs!!! (see results page) Congrats to anyone who heard back!

I'm excited to say I was offered an interview for the HDLT program (and of course am now super nervous!). Did anyone else hear back? 

I'm excited to say I was offered an interview for the HDLT program (and of course am now super nervous!). Did anyone else hear back? 

Congrats! I'm still hoping people who heard back were all HDLT; I applied for CIS and haven't heard back. After Monday I'll consider myself rejected.

Congrats!!

I applied to EPPE and haven't heard anything yet. Has any other EPPE applicant heard anything?

Do you think not receiving FinAid applications is related to admission results?

I really don't think so. This is from the website:

"The 2015-2016 HGSE Financial Aid Application will be available in January after the Admissions application deadline."

It doesn't say "after students are granted admission into the program" or something of the sort.

Congrats! Any chance you would share your POI's name (by private message if you prefer?) 

Edited by hsf15

Do you think not receiving FinAid applications is related to admission results?

I don't think so. I've been reading old threads and everyone seems to receive the application, even people who later are rejected.

I don't think so. I've been reading old threads and everyone seems to receive the application, even people who later are rejected.

I've seen that too, but I find it really odd 5 days later and not everyone has received it!

For anyone who is still waiting for the FinAid application. I just spoke with the Financial Aid Office at HGSE and I was told that for some reason they are having some technical issues with a small group of applicants but that it should be resolved soon. This has nothing to do with the status of our applications.

For anyone who is still waiting for the FinAid application. I just spoke with the Financial Aid Office at HGSE and I was told that for some reason they are having some technical issues with a small group of applicants but that it should be resolved soon. This has nothing to do with the status of our applications.

Thanks for the info! I haven't received the FinAid application yet and was freaking out a little bit. :)

la_manda_panda, I haven't received anything either.  I think it is because we applied to the EDLD.  Since it is fully funded, I don't think there is as much of a deadline for the financial aid information?

It looks like those of us waiting to hear about PhD interviews will have to wait for a couple more days. We have a big snow storm in Cambridge and everything is closed until tomorrow. 

It seems like all emails were sent out on Saturday.  

It looks like only Human Development Teaching and Learning concentration's interview invites went out... At least this is what I see in this forum.

Are there any EPPE or CIS candidates who already got an interview invitation?

It looks like only Human Development Teaching and Learning concentration's interview invites went out... At least this is what I see in this forum.

Are there any EPPE or CIS candidates who already got an interview invitation?

I don't know if the interviews were only HDTL or for everybody. I'm CIS and haven't heard back. I feel like it's more likely all the interviews were sent out, for all the programs, but again I don't really know. I was planning on calling but I guess they're closed because of the storm! 

I don't know if the interviews were only HDTL or for everybody. I'm CIS and haven't heard back. I feel like it's more likely all the interviews were sent out, for all the programs, but again I don't really know. I was planning on calling but I guess they're closed because of the storm! 

i'm a CIS applicant and got an interview invite last week. i have no idea if all the interview invites have gone out or if they go out in waves though!

on a related note...if anyone who went through Harvard's app process last year has any insights into what to expect and/or advice for the interview, I'm all ears! I'm excited, but I am also super nervous.

It looks like those of us waiting to hear about PhD interviews will have to wait for a couple more days. We have a big snow storm in Cambridge and everything is closed until tomorrow. 

It seems like all invitations to interview have been sent out on the 24th (at least for the PhD programs).  I'm considering myself rejected. Feeling disappointed :(