HGSE Fall 2015

workink

Hey, big congrats to those of you who got in! If you don't mind my asking, who was it who called you - admissions dean/reps or PoI? Anyone think those of us who weren't called still have a shot? :-/

my call came from the Dean of HGSE. I don't have any insight into whether all the calls were made today, though. I was just told that I'd hear from my potential adviser in the next couple of days.

Hey, big congrats to those of you who got in! If you don't mind my asking, who was it who called you - admissions dean/reps or PoI? Anyone think those of us who weren't called still have a shot? :-/

Thanks!  It was from the Dean of HGSE.  Not sure if today was the only day of calls or if there will be additional calls in coming days.  I know that official letters aren't sent out until the end of February/early March, so perhaps that gives them some room to admit additional folks in the intervening weeks.

Edited by SCGH

EdLD interview request came via email on Thursday! I heard they may continue to go out on a rollng basis, but I am not sure if that is true. Interview dates are the last two days of Feb, so there is still plenty of time. Good luck to all.

Does anyone know anything about these interview days? They are highly mysterious!

EdLD interview request came via email on Thursday! I heard they may continue to go out on a rollng basis, but I am not sure if that is true. Interview dates are the last two days of Feb, so there is still plenty of time. Good luck to all.

Does anyone know anything about these interview days? They are highly mysterious!

Congrats! I guess I shouldn't have put all of my eggs in the HGSE basket.  :wacko:

Well ... there's always next year. They won't be able to keep me out that easily! Haha

Did you get an interview? 

Interviews for EdLD went out last Thursday. They start like this:

"Dear X,

Based on an evaluation of your application, we would like to invite you to interview for the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The level of interest and depth of the pool of candidates made this selection process a difficult one, and we have identified you as a promising candidate for our sixth cohort. Congratulations!"

I keep checking this forum and my application site daily! I, too, wish that it was rolling admissions but I guess that's not the case with HGSE. I keep thinking about the moment when I open up the decision and how I will react either way to an acceptance or denial. 

I keep checking this forum and my application site daily! I, too, wish that it was rolling admissions but I guess that's not the case with HGSE. I keep thinking about the moment when I open up the decision and how I will react either way to an acceptance or denial. 

Me too, I'm on this site all day, I hope that we get notified a week early like the Ed.LD applicants did!

Someone posted on the results page that the Admissions office noted that not all invites for the EDLD have been sent out yet.  Here's to a little bit of hope that the rest of us get an invite this week.  Harvard's classes and offices are closed today due to the storm.  I can't take this anxiety anymore!

Me too, I'm on this site all day, I hope that we get notified a week early like the Ed.LD applicants did!

That would be awesome, but I don't want to bank on it just based off of the past years trends. Did anyone else apply to the Prevention Science and Practice Program? Looking through this thread and past years there doesn't seem to be too many that apply. Higher education, TIE, and EPM seem to be the most popular.

That would be awesome, but I don't want to bank on it just based off of the past years trends. Did anyone else apply to the Prevention Science and Practice Program? Looking through this thread and past years there doesn't seem to be too many that apply. Higher education, TIE, and EPM seem to be the most popular.

I applied (on a whim)!

Yeah I've noticed the same, Higher Ed, EPM and TIE seem the most popular, I haven't seen any PSP's on this forum though! Only a couple of us are IEP. When I talked to one of the admission advisors, they told me EPM, IEP and TIE are the most competitive. 

Yeah I've noticed the same, Higher Ed, EPM and TIE seem the most popular, I haven't seen any PSP's on this forum though! Only a couple of us are IEP. When I talked to one of the admission advisors, they told me EPM, IEP and TIE are the most competitive.

That seems accurate. Maybe not having many apply will increase my chances!