MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I emailed the department a few days ago about it and they let me know this:

"Applicants will be notified by mail of their status by March 15th. If chosen as a finalist, you will be required to travel to Stanford for an interview."

Does your application checklist say complete or incomplete?

Decision as to whether or not you are a finalist..? 

And, my application checklist says incomplete.. I submitted my portfolio via Slideroom, but there's a blank next to the submission date. Does the date you submitted your portfolio show up on your checklist?  

My application for Stanford says Incomplete.  I spoke to the office a few weeks ago about it and they told me not to worry that it is a clerical error.

Decision as to whether or not you are a finalist..? 

And, my application checklist says incomplete.. I submitted my portfolio via Slideroom, but there's a blank next to the submission date. Does the date you submitted your portfolio show up on your checklist?  

Same here on the incomplete. My portfolio submission date is blank, too. Looks like we're all in the same boat so that makes me less concerned that it's an issue on our end (more like clerical error like olivem912 said!)

Same here on the incomplete. My portfolio submission date is blank, too. Looks like we're all in the same boat so that makes me less concerned that it's an issue on our end (more like clerical error like olivem912 said!)

My application for Stanford says Incomplete.  I spoke to the office a few weeks ago about it and they told me not to worry that it is a clerical error.

Wheew, thanks guys!  :)

I am a photo person too. How did they contact you...phone, email, etc? I wonder if they've already contacted everyone they are accepting. I will be super disappointed if they have. They are one of my top choices. I  thought I had a high chance of being accepted because it went really well when I met with the director and one of the photography faculty during my visit. I also spoke with them after my visit and the director said he was really impressed with my work. I guess sometimes things don't always turn the way you think they will.

Hi Summers,

Call the director. Remind her/him of the connection you made and how much you want to attend their school.

They are the gatekeepers, but you are their client. They want people who want to be there. You've got an 'in'. Leverage it.

My 2 cents.

Good luck!

2 Rejections so far and have yet to hear any news from my other applications. Be grateful the majority of you are getting the opportunity to interview! Waiting with absolutely no feedback to go on is painful.  :o

Good Luck! Mine only says the decision letter was sent today, other forms still listed as pending.. Also hoping they wouldn't be there if they weren't going to be sent... At the top of my form is also says status: accept (as of 2/5)?.. hoping for the best. 

Thats what mine says too! Can't wait for that mail man/ mail wo-man to come.

I haven't seen a lot of printmakers posting, is anyone lurking and applying in print? Anyone going to SGCI? 

I applied in printmaking at UTK and UGA, but have yet to hear back from either.....Heading up to Knoxville for SGCI regardless.  I was on the fence about applying to Tulane, did you visit?

Hi Summers,

Call the director. Remind her/him of the connection you made and how much you want to attend their school.

They are the gatekeepers, but you are their client. They want people who want to be there. You've got an 'in'. Leverage it.

My 2 cents.

Good luck!

Thanks, Mr. Sad! That's good advice!

2 Rejections so far and have yet to hear any news from my other applications. Be grateful the majority of you are getting the opportunity to interview! Waiting with absolutely no feedback to go on is painful.  :o

I feel the same way.

Cranbrook sculpture interview request came through by email lastnight.  My date is March 13th..

Thanks for the update! I'm hoping to hear something from Cranbrook Fibers in the next few days. My fingers are crossed! Good luck in your interview! Heather McGill is incredible. I love her work and I've heard really really positive things about her as a mentor.

Thanks for the update! I'm hoping to hear something from Cranbrook Fibers in the next few days. My fingers are crossed! Good luck in your interview! Heather McGill is incredible. I love her work and I've heard really really positive things about her as a mentor.

Thanks!  And good luck to you too!  I'm excited to have the chance to see the school - it seems like such a unique environment and setup, and everyone has such positive things to say about it.

Thanks!  And good luck to you too!  I'm excited to have the chance to see the school - it seems like such a unique environment and setup, and everyone has such positive things to say about it.

Yeah, me too. Two of my biggest mentors went to Cranbrook and said it was the two best years of their lives. Basically described it as Hogwarts. I think am really drawn to it because of it's emphasis on studio-centered, community driven making. I've always had a material-based practice (studied printmaking in undergrad and ran a printmaking studio in LA for several years) and from what I've heard it is a great balance of craft, theory and critical dialogue. Plus, everyone that I have spoked with from the school is incredibly responsive (like I write 3 questions and get 5 paragraphs of response). Where else are you considering?

Edited by Reinell

Just received an offer for a full ride and stipend, but they're only giving me two weeks to accept or decline.

I haven't heard back from 6/10 schools I applied for and don't expect to hear back from them at all till the last week of February/ first week of March (based upon what they've told me). By the way, the last week of February is two weeks from now! I might only begin to SCHEDULE interviewing with some of my other schools by then (knock on wood).

Accept the school and I'm giving up the possibility of what the other schools may offer, decline and I may screw myself over and give up an amazing opportunity.

Vcu never received my transcripts (that I sent in November) and apparently I am missing a letter of recommendation (my recommender told me he submitted it well before the deadline). Ugg. Feeling very bummed.

Everybody's VCU application says they're missing a transcript, but as long as you uploaded an unofficial one, you are fine. Did you upload an unofficial one into your application? You didn't have to send official ones until you were accepted, but it's probably no big deal that you sent them already. I think maybe you should call about the missing letter? The number is on their website at the bottom.

Just received an offer for a full ride and stipend, but they're only giving me two weeks to accept or decline.

I haven't heard back from 6/10 schools I applied for and don't expect to hear back from them at all till the last week of February/ first week of March (based upon what they've told me). By the way, the last week of February is two weeks from now! I might only begin to SCHEDULE interviewing with some of my other schools by then (knock on wood).

Accept the school and I'm giving up the possibility of what the other schools may offer, decline and I may screw myself over and give up an amazing opportunity.

Congrats! That is a tough choice though.  Personally I think I would accept it.  What school did you receive an offer at?

Can you ask for a third week? If they want you so badly they shouldn't have an issue with extending it by a week, right? And then at elast you might have an idea of how many other schools are interested in you and can gauge your options better?

But if I were you and the school wasn't my total last choice, I think I would just accept it. You aren't going to get a BETTER deal anywhere else, just a comparable one. But it's more likely than not that this is the only fully funded with stipend offer you'll get at all considering how rare those are in the first place. Debt for an art career is financial suicide -- I would kill for that offer from a program!