MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hey fellow freak-out'ers

Of those who are interviewing for Hunter next week, how many of the 10 images do you intend to use for the work you made after you applied?

I knew when I applied that I would have to print out images, but I expected them to be the slide room images. So I was surprised when I got the email about new work

Hey fellow freak-out'ers

Of those who are interviewing for Hunter next week, how many of the 10 images do you intend to use for the work you made after you applied?

I knew when I applied that I would have to print out images, but I expected them to be the slide room images. So I was surprised when I got the email about new work

I thought any other images would be in addition to the slide room images, but I was a little confused. Did you ask anyone?

I thought any other images would be in addition to the slide room images, but I was a little confused. Did you ask anyone?

I sent an email, and she said they don't have to be the slideroom images, so i didn't want to keep pushing her like "yeah, but you didn't REALLY answer the question".  But from my understanding, its 10 in total, to your discretion on how many of those are new or not.

If it was 10 plus new images, then some might bring 20 in total or more without a real cap as to how many.

geeze. I don't have a lot of new work to show just yet, do you think that really nice renderings made in sketchup would be okay?

Edited by jl10

OMG CONGRATS !!! How did they notify you ?? That's amazing !

I received an email from the Chair but the official email will be next couple days as he said. 

good luck,

THANKS EVERYONE! Now fingers crossed for my NYU interview on Monday! ALSO, I'd also like everyone to consider how hard this is, the fact your have made it this far without loosing your mind is pretty impressive. Congrats to all those who have been accepted, interviewed, and considered. 

Edited by tdevo412

Hi all, I'm new here. Congrats to all on acceptances, and my empathy to those still waiting.

Question for those with multiple offers: will (or have) you commit instantly when your ideal program accepts you, or will you weigh several offers for awhile? Just trying to get a sense of what's typical --if there is a typical?-- as I weigh my odds of my alternate status changing.

Thanks for your thoughts. Trying to keep hope alive!

Hi all, I'm new here. Congrats to all on acceptances, and my empathy to those still waiting.

Question for those with multiple offers: will (or have) you commit instantly when your ideal program accepts you, or will you weigh several offers for awhile? Just trying to get a sense of what's typical --if there is a typical?-- as I weigh my odds of my alternate status changing.

Thanks for your thoughts. Trying to keep hope alive!

Lots of possible scenarios could come in to play here. If your top choice also offers you top funding- of course it's a no-brainer. Unfortunately, that's not always the case! There are so many things to consider, I would always advise waiting to hear all the offers if finances matter. Waiting of course, is the hardest part! Indeed, I myself am waiting to hear about funding. As tempting as it is to start daydreaming about a location and looking in to the move, my current front-runner may end up with a lesser financial offer. Who knows!

Second all this. Commit when your top choice admits you AND offers full funding. Otherwise, you have until April 15 to decide (US schools). If you don't get the great offer from your top choice, I'd hold out until you know all funding info. You can also use funding from one school to help you get more money at another.

Lots of possible scenarios could come in to play here. If your top choice also offers you top funding- of course it's a no-brainer. Unfortunately, that's not always the case! There are so many things to consider, I would always advise waiting to hear all the offers if finances matter. Waiting of course, is the hardest part! Indeed, I myself am waiting to hear about funding. As tempting as it is to start daydreaming about a location and looking in to the move, my current front-runner may end up with a lesser financial offer. Who knows!

I think maybe this is all up to us. The school perhaps encourages new work to be shown, but I think the email might have also implied that the committee does not have computers with them to see images, and hence we have to provide them.

I am bringing few more prints with me to show them my process to new work. I would expect interviewers asking us about our thought process and future plans. So let's all relax and show the best of us!

I had a crisis of faith and applied to both graphic design and photography graduate programs. I just found out I was accepted to ASU's visual communications 3yr program. Has anyone attended ASU for graphic design and can share their experience with me?

I'm hoping rejection via e-mail and acceptance/waitlist via snail mail. seems like the acceptance by phone was an outlier?

maybe, I have no idea... I am from overseas so I hope they won't send it by postal mail, it can take 3 weeks just to get here...

I got into Yale School of Art!!!

Congratulations, that is very exciting! It also appears you have interviews/have been accepted to other top programs. Would also enjoy seeing your work.

Edited by Maya31