2015 Canadian SLP Thread!

I will PM you my stats :)  

Would you mind PMing them to me too? Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! Did you guys receive emails or physical letters?

Would you mind PMing them to me too? Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! Did you guys receive emails or physical letters?

I received an email with a letter attached! If anyone else would like to know my stats just send me a message and I will send them to you :)

Edited by SLP333

I've been reading this forum for quite a while but it's my first time posting.

I got accepted to the U of A today! 

I was kind of leaning towards the U of A but will wait until I hear back from all schools to decide.

Good luck all! :)

Just got an acceptance letter from U of A. Good luck to you all <3

I just got an acceptance email from U of A too! I'm beyond thrilled! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted and good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

I was kind of leaning towards the U of A but will wait until I hear back from all schools to decide.

Congrats guys!! Maybe we will be classmates in September :) 

Congrats everyone who got into the U of A!!

Does anyone know when they will be sending out further acceptances/ wait list/ rejections? 

I'm not sure if this helps but I have been given until April 7th to accept or decline the offer! 

I'd be happy to share my stats with anyone who wants them, too! Just send me a PM :)

I received an email with a letter attached! If anyone else would like to know my stats just send me a message and I will send them to you :)

I have PMed you all if you dont mind sharing stats :) 

I'm not sure if this helps but I have been given until April 7th to accept or decline the offer! 

I would assume the people who are wait listed will find out before April 7th. In past years (if I remember correctly) it seems like everyone knows whether they have been accepted, rejected, or wait listed by April 1st.

I got rejected from Syracuse this morning. My dream research school.

:( Sorry hear about that. Don't let it bring you down though!

For anyone having a heart attack right now about Alberta... I just asked my friend who was accepted last year and she said that she heard of people being accepted a week before she received her acceptance! (She was also panicking thinking she didn't make the cut considering days had gone by and no word). She had a really high GPA and was definitely a competitive applitcant too. So we may still have a chance in a week or so!

Edited by sab236

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to U of A! You're all making me wish I had applied there so that I could KNOW for at least one place by now! So exciting!

My thoughts exactly, lol. Very exciting for all who were accepted! It must feel like a huge relief. How big is the U of A class? Edited by speechful11

Has anyone already set up their online account for western and/or toronto? I haven't received an email about it or anything but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm supposed to do to check the status of my application.

Has anyone already set up their online account for western and/or toronto? I haven't received an email about it or anything but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm supposed to do to check the status of my application.

I haven't received anything from Western yet! But I've heard the same thing about checking the status of your application..I guess we will just have to wait until we get student #s from them

Also, I just asked my friend who is currently in her first year at Alberta how many people are in her class and she said 56! So 56/200+ isn't too bad! I thought it would be a smaller class.

I haven't received anything from Western yet! But I've heard the same thing about checking the status of your application..I guess we will just have to wait until we get student #s from them

Are we able to check our status for U of T with that information in the housing email?

:( Sorry hear about that. Don't let it bring you down though!

For anyone having a heart attack right now about Alberta... I just asked my friend who was accepted last year and she said that she heard of people being accepted a week before she received her acceptance! (She was also panicking thinking she didn't make the cut considering days had gone by and no word). She had a really high GPA and was definitely a competitive applitcant too. So we may still have a chance in a week or so!

Thank you sab236. I still have others. I hope you get into your schools!!! :)

Congratulations to everyone who has heard from UofA!!

I just received an email inviting me to Ottawa for a series of "mini-interviews". Does anyone have any experience with these or know what types of questions they will be asking?

I think it was 27 last year? 

Our class is 23 this year, which is fairly smaller than the usual 27. We were initially 24, but someone dropped out before September due to extenuating circumstances. Best of luck everyone, and looking forward to meeting you! :)

For those wondering about Western and how to find out about their application status, I received an email on March 13 last year that included my student ID. You must create an account for the Western portal in order to view your application status. Come midnight on April 1st, you should be able to see the decision they've made on the portal. I don't think ORPAS displays any decisions, at least not for U of T, Western, or Ottawa.

Congratulations to everyone who has heard from UofA!!

I just received an email inviting me to Ottawa for a series of "mini-interviews". Does anyone have any experience with these or know what types of questions they will be asking?

Congrats on being invited to the MMIs! I went to them last year, and it was a great experience. You should be receiving an email shortly that includes a prep document as to what MMIs are and some sample questions that could come up. I prepared by answering those. I then went online to check if there were other questions I could use to practice, but many of them are WAY too hard/irrelevant, so don't stress out too much over those. :) If you have other questions, feel free to ask!