2015 Canadian SLP Thread!

Ah Congratulations guys! If its okay could I also receive your stats?

Not that I think I got in, but I'm concerned that I currently don't have a Canadian phone. I am currently living in Tokyo and the phone number I gave them is no longer in service... I'm sure that if they really wanted to talk to me they would email but it still makes me anxious.

Congrats toriec! Sorry to bombard you guys with questions, but I was wondering if you and MrBombastic applied for the M.Sc. or the M.Sc.A.?

Thanks!

M.Sc.A

Ah Congratulations guys! If its okay could I also receive your stats?

Not that I think I got in, but I'm concerned that I currently don't have a Canadian phone. I am currently living in Tokyo and the phone number I gave them is no longer in service... I'm sure that if they really wanted to talk to me they would email but it still makes me anxious.

Is your address on file still good?

I doubt that they will keep pestering you with phonecalls, instead they will just mail you a physical letter of acceptance. 

Hi.

Was a longtime lurker so I made an account to post this.

Can confirm, a professor from the department calls you personally to announce acceptance, inform that the formal letter is in the mail, and you have until April 8th to accept their offer.

Goodluck peeps!

Did they contact your phone number listed under Contact Information, or the number listed under your Permanent Address?

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that I got an acceptance email from Dal this morning for audiology, but that probably means the first round of SLP's are going out shortly as well! Keep your eyes peeled!

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that I got an acceptance email from Dal this morning for audiology, but that probably means the first round of SLP's are going out shortly as well! Keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for this...Had a slight heart attack as I started to read it though haha. And CONGRATS!  :)

Anybody else hear from McGill? I keep checking my status, my emails, my voicemails, the GradCafe app, etc. I feel like a hamster in a cage. Can't accomplish anything. How are you guys holding up?

Edited by 2015hopeful

Anybody else hear from McGill? I keep checking my status, my emails, my voicemails, the GradCafe app, etc. I feel like a hamster in cage. Can't accomplish anything. How are you guys holding up?

I feel the exact same way. I'm making myself sick thinking and worrying about it! Now that I know Dalhousie acceptances are on their way I'm even more stressed. Good luck everybody!

Congrats!! :) Did your application status change online? 

Thanks for this...Had a slight heart attack as I started to read it though haha. And CONGRATS!  :)

Haha sorry, I should have put a disclaimer on there... And thanks!

Congrats!! :) Did your application status change online? 

Thanks! And nope, nothing. That might happen when the official letter goes out? 

Congrats on your acceptance!! I got one this morning too :) super excited!

Congrats to everyone who has been getting acceptances today! I just got one from McGill and Dal!

Congratulations!! You must be SO excited :) Which school is your top choice (if you have one)? 

Congrats to everyone who has been getting acceptances today! I just got one from McGill and Dal!

Congrats again toriec! It must feel so good to be accepted by three schools, way to go!

Are you the poster who posted about your acceptance on the results page this afternoon? And if so, is that your sGPA or your cGPA?

Hey all, 

Congrats on all the acceptances. Those of you accepted to U of A if you are accepted to another school which is your first choice? Just curious if anyone who has been accepted to U of A will be saying no. 

Hey all, 

Congrats on all the acceptances. Those of you accepted to U of A if you are accepted to another school which is your first choice? Just curious if anyone who has been accepted to U of A will be saying no. 

I'm going to wait to hear back from Western and Toronto before I really start to think about it! Dal is my last choice only because it is a three year program... so it will be between Alberta and the Ontario schools (if I get in) :) 

Congratulations!! You must be SO excited :) Which school is your top choice (if you have one)? 

Thank you! My first choice is Alberta; it's close to home (I'm from BC), the SLPs I've volunteered with think very highly of it, and all the current or past students I've talked to love it!

Congrats again toriec! It must feel so good to be accepted by three schools, way to go!

Are you the poster who posted about your acceptance on the results page this afternoon? And if so, is that your sGPA or your cGPA?

Thank you! I didn't post there this afternoon, but I can share my GPA anyway :). My sGPA is 3.92 and my cGPA is 3.90. 

Edited by toriec

Got accepted to UAlberta today! I really didn't think there was hope after so many people got in last Tuesday, but people still waiting shouldn't be worried yet :) 

Congrats to everyone else who has received an acceptance! 

Congratulations!

Just wondering, how did Dal let you know? Has anyone else gotten an acceptance from Dal?

Also, has your status on UApply Mcgill changed yet?

Congratulations!

Just wondering, how did Dal let you know? Has anyone else gotten an acceptance from Dal?

Also, has your status on UApply Mcgill changed yet?

Thank you! Dal just emailed me. My UApply status still says in review.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! I got an e-mail from McGill today a bit after 4:30 saying that they completed the admissions process, but that I made it onto the waiting list.  I'm assuming that means all of the people who have been accepted were notified, but I'm not sure. Congrats to everyone so far and good-luck to everyone still waiting! :)