2015 Canadian SLP Thread!

Congratulations! That's great news :)

I have yet to hear anything from UBC. :| feeling anxious.

Don't worry yet. I was waitlsited last year and didn't hear til the end of March, I know a couple people got in off the waitlist last year. so. Breath. think happy thoughts. Watch some trashy tv. 

Edited by VancitySLP

I got accepted to UBC today for SLP, and I know they called the audi students too. 

CONGRATS! I remember when you got waitlisted last year (I've been lurking on this forum for waaaay too long...) and I felt so awful for you! You definitely deserve the acceptance. 

Has anyone had the nerve to inquire if Dal is through sending out acceptances? I'd sure like to know!...starting to feel discouraged.  :( Sigh..

Huge congrats to everyone who's gotten accepted!!!

Did anyone out of province receive a phone call from UBC? I'm hoping that they're just not calling out of province people..

I'm out of province and didn't hear anything, neither did anyone I know (all applying out of province).

They called me a week ago wanting me to scan them a copy of a receipt of my transcript request (only 1/2 from the same institution made it there) which made me hopeful because it'd be cruel to request something so small on the phone (I really wonder why I didn't get an email) and then reject me anyway after I've provided it. So I'm hoping they're still calling with acceptances or I've made it on the wait list.

Edited by oreoz

Similar to Soleil91 I have been reading these posts for a while. I had to make an account to get people's opinion about U of A. My theory is that if they have sent their offers plus sent out waitlist notifications, it must mean if I haven't heard anything by now, I probably won't be getting an acceptance or waitlist email. I know they are probably bombarded with emails and questions so I don't care to bother them.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Crossing my fingers for Western :)

Similar to Soleil91 I have been reading these posts for a while. I had to make an account to get people's opinion about U of A. My theory is that if they have sent their offers plus sent out waitlist notifications, it must mean if I haven't heard anything by now, I probably won't be getting an acceptance or waitlist email. I know they are probably bombarded with emails and questions so I don't care to bother them.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Crossing my fingers for Western :)

Another long time lurker here! :) I've been trying to NOT let myself join this as I was worried I'd be on here even more often and I have a final to study for! haha. Anyway, I finally gave in. I wanted to reply to this because I'm honestly really confused about U of A! It seems a little early to me for them to being done with acceptances given past years? Unless they are really on the ball this year...

Another long time lurker here! :) I've been trying to NOT let myself join this as I was worried I'd be on here even more often and I have a final to study for! haha. Anyway, I finally gave in. I wanted to reply to this because I'm honestly really confused about U of A! It seems a little early to me for them to being done with acceptances given past years? Unless they are really on the ball this year...

I really hope they're not done...

I really hope they're not done...

I agree! This is my first year applying to Alberta. I want to keep hopeful but with others posting that they have been wait listed it makes me think they have their perspective candidates. Again, I'm not sure, just trying to apply logic to get some closure lol! Been checking my email and bear tracks every 5 mins!

Hey guys, long time lurker here! I just got a call from UBC and got accepted to the SLP program! they called me round 4:00 PST. So there is still hope to everyone who has not heard!! They are definitely making offers in waves! Good luck to everyone, and hopefully I'll see some of you next year at UBC!

Hey guys, long time lurker here! I just got a call from UBC and got accepted to the SLP program! they called me round 4:00 PST. So there is still hope to everyone who has not heard!! They are definitely making offers in waves! Good luck to everyone, and hopefully I'll see some of you next year at UBC!

YAY! 

Hi everyone,

I am a longtime lurker and just made this account so I could post this message. I heard from UBC today and got into both Speech pathology and Audiology. I still can't believe it, I never thought I would get into both. My stats were lower then a lot of people on these forums so I really didn't think I had a shot. If there are any people reading this and worrying that there grades are too low, good reference letters and tons of volunteer experience really can make a big difference. Good luck to those still waiting and congratulations to those who were accepted.

Hi everyone,

I am a longtime lurker and just made this account so I could post this message. I heard from UBC today and got into both Speech pathology and Audiology. I still can't believe it, I never thought I would get into both. My stats were lower then a lot of people on these forums so I really didn't think I had a shot. If there are any people reading this and worrying that there grades are too low, good reference letters and tons of volunteer experience really can make a big difference. Good luck to those still waiting and congratulations to those who were accepted.

Wow, congratulations!! That's amazing! Which one will you pick, just out of curiosity?

Congratulations everyone! :)

I'm really starting to lose hope for Dalhousie :( I thought I stood a decent shot, but I guess there is only so many seats. Has anyone gotten on the Dalhousie wait list yet?

For those wondering about Alberta, in the waitlist email they did mention that they have already sent out offer letters to 56 students and they will have until April 7 to make a decision. So, it sounds like acceptance letters have already been sent out, and other waitlists might come out eventually.

Congratulations everyone! :)

I'm really starting to lose hope for Dalhousie :( I thought I stood a decent shot, but I guess there is only so many seats. Has anyone gotten on the Dalhousie wait list yet?

I was waitlisted at Dal last year on April 4th, so it might be a couple weeks before anyone on the wait-list finds out! 

Keep in mind that Dalhousie was closed yesterday and today so this might delay results being sent to people!

That does give me a bit of hope, thanks! But I'm mostly wondering if all of the acceptances have already gone out. I have a feeling they have :(

Also, judging by last years forum, Dal has a really long waiting list it seems. So I won't get my hopes up even if I manage to get on it :( Does anyone know how long it is?

For those wondering about Alberta, in the waitlist email they did mention that they have already sent out offer letters to 56 students and they will have until April 7 to make a decision. So, it sounds like acceptance letters have already been sent out, and other waitlists might come out eventually.

Yup. Emailed them today and they basically told me everyone's been contacted via email so if you haven't heard by now, I guess time to forget UA..

Yup. Emailed them today and they basically told me everyone's been contacted via email so if you haven't heard by now, I guess time to forget UA..

Hi soleil! Can I ask who emailed you to tell you that?