2015 Canadian SLP Thread!

My hopes for McGill are also not high. I'm mostly still holding out for the second round of acceptances from Alberta! Is anyone else dying of anxiety?? I keep checking this thread and my email way too often.

I'm already dead from the anxiety!! I check my e-mail every 5 mins! Fingers crossed for us both!

Hey! I've been checking my email way too much too  :blink:. I emailed and they told me they just started the admission process last week and are waiting to hear back for acceptances. I believe people have until April 7th to get back to U of A with their final decisions  :)

Has anyone heard from UBC? 

Hey wuglife! So regarding that e-mail and just for general clarification (for me, maybe no one else...I think the anxiety has gotten to me), does that mean that the second set of acceptance offers won't be until after the April 7th deadline or will they still send out more beforehand? If you don't know for sure, that's okay, I'll e-mail them!  ^_^ just thought since you have some insider info, I'd go to you first  :D

Hey wuglife! So regarding that e-mail and just for general clarification (for me, maybe no one else...I think the anxiety has gotten to me), does that mean that the second set of acceptance offers won't be until after the April 7th deadline or will they still send out more beforehand? If you don't know for sure, that's okay, I'll e-mail them!  ^_^ just thought since you have some insider info, I'd go to you first  :D

I'm not sure about what they told wuglife, but my general understanding is that they usually do more than one round of acceptances. So I think some more people will hear before April 7th. Especially because they know the majority of acceptances come out April 1st, and that people need time to decide which school they want to attend. I think the April 7th date is when they start accepting people off of the waitlist if anyone turns down an acceptance. That's what I assume anyway! If anyone gets clarification about this from Alberta please let us know! :)

Does anyone know when Dalhousie normally starts sending out acceptances? And if they send it by email or mail?

I'm not sure about what they told wuglife, but my general understanding is that they usually do more than one round of acceptances. So I think some more people will hear before April 7th. Especially because they know the majority of acceptances come out April 1st, and that people need time to decide which school they want to attend. I think the April 7th date is when they start accepting people off of the waitlist if anyone turns down an acceptance. That's what I assume anyway! If anyone gets clarification about this from Alberta please let us know! :)

Does anyone know when Dalhousie normally starts sending out acceptances? And if they send it by email or mail?

Thank you for the info Sab236, that makes sense!  :D

Last year Dal started sending out acceptances on March 12th so I've been thinking people might start to hear from them this week  :rolleyes:  I know they contacted the waitlist by email and I'm pretty sure they did the same for offers of admission! 

Last year Dal started sending out acceptances on March 12th so I've been thinking people might start to hear from them this week  :rolleyes:  I know they contacted the waitlist by email and I'm pretty sure they did the same for offers of admission! 

Dear god, another thing to wait on and make me anxious hahaha. I don't know if I can take all of this waiting! Does anyone know if Dal also does more than one round of acceptances?

Also if anyone is interested, someone from the department at dal came to my school for a presentation on SLP and AUD and he said that they accept a total of 24 SLPs and 12 AUDs. With a combined total of 21 people accepted from provinces outside of Nova Scotia. So 21/36 acceptances come from out of province, but they could be for SLP or AUD. It's always good to know the stats! Good luck everybody!

Edited by sab236

Hey guys, I run the website www.CanadianSLP.com and I was thinking of doing a feature on people who were accepted to UofA, so that other applicants can get an idea of what your academic/volunteer profile (stats) are. Feel free to send me a direct message on here or an email at CanadianSLPeducation@gmail.com if you are interested in being featured!

I'll follow up with some more specific questions and you guys can add to the thread any questions you might have for them as well. 

Dear god, another thing to wait on and make me anxious hahaha. I don't know if I can take all of this waiting! Does anyone know if Dal also does more than one round of acceptances?

Also if anyone is interested, someone from the department at dal came to my school for a presentation on SLP and AUD and he said that they accept a total of 24 SLPs and 12 AUDs. With a combined total of 21 people accepted from provinces outside of Nova Scotia. So 21/36 acceptances come from out of province, but they could be for SLP or AUD. It's always good to know the stats! Good luck everybody!

Last year some people were accepted mid-March and then a few more posted that they were accepted on the 28th. I got waitlisted last year and the year before , and both years I found out the first week of April. Good luck!

Hey guys, there's an acceptance for McGill on the results page!

Wow, this is stressful! Gah! I thought this process was stressful before, but now I'm really freaking out. :o Taking. Deep. Breaths.

Seriously, congrats to those who have been accepted so far!

Edited by 2015hopeful

Wow, this is stressful! Why can't they just send everything (acceptances, refusals and waitlists) to everyone all at once? Gah! I thought this process was stressful before, but now I'm really freaking out. :o Taking. Deep. Breaths.

Oh wow, this wait is painful! I am really really hoping we start to hear by tomorrow. From the sounds of it, McGill and Dalhousie may be updating people soon! : |

Does anyone know the average subGPA for people who have been accepted at McGill in previous years?

Not yet hearing from Alberta is killing me because it's the school I feel like I have the best shot at. Knowing that some acceptances have already gone out makes it that much harder to wait!

Wow, this is stressful! Why can't they just send everything (acceptances, refusals and waitlists) to everyone all at once? Gah! I thought this process was stressful before, but now I'm really freaking out. :o Taking. Deep. Breaths.

Hey, which results page are you referring to? 

Thanks for this information, sab236! I was also wondering about this. :)

Wow, this is stressful! Gah! I thought this process was stressful before, but now I'm really freaking out. :o Taking. Deep. Breaths.

Wow that is TORTURE

Why cant they post on the forum :'(

It says by phone which is interesting.. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Hi.

Was a longtime lurker so I made an account to post this.

Can confirm, a professor from the department calls you personally to announce acceptance, inform that the formal letter is in the mail, and you have until April 8th to accept their offer.

Goodluck peeps!

Hi! I assume you're talking about McGill? Congratulations!!

Would you be willing to private message me your stats? Just wondering if my stats are comparable and if I stand a chance haha. Thanks!

Hi! I assume you're talking about McGill? Congratulations!!

Would you be willing to private message me your stats? Just wondering if my stats are comparable and if I stand a chance haha. Thanks!

I'd also like to know your stats via private message, if you're willing of course :)

Hi.

Was a longtime lurker so I made an account to post this.

Can confirm, a professor from the department calls you personally to announce acceptance, inform that the formal letter is in the mail, and you have until April 8th to accept their offer.

Goodluck peeps!

Hi!

Congrats Mr. Bombastic! I'd also appreciate it if you could send me your stats please. Thank you for posting! :-) Oh, and also, did your status change on uapply?

Edited by 2015hopeful

I got a call from McGill today too, but I was in class so I couldn't answer it! As soon as I finished class I called them right back, but I had to leave a message. The suspense is killing me now!

I got a call from McGill today too, but I was in class so I couldn't answer it! As soon as I finished class I called them right back, but I had to leave a message. The suspense is killing me now!

So..I'm guessing applicants who were accepted are receiving calls now? Did anything change on your UApply account?

So..I'm guessing applicants who were accepted are receiving calls now? Did anything change on your UApply account?

Nothing has changed on My UApply account. They left a message and it didn't say whether or not I had been accepted, so I'm really anxious to find out! As far as I can tell, no one here has mentioned being notified of rejection yet, so I'm tentatively assuming I've been accepted. We'll see, though!

Thanks everyone!

The status did not change on UApply. 

That pretty much means you are in. Congrats toriec!

From what I gathered they first contact the acceptances, then waitlists, then rejections, in that order

Thanks everyone!

The status did not change on UApply. 

That pretty much means you are in. Congrats toriec!

From what I gathered they first contact the acceptances, then waitlists, then rejections, in that order

Thank you! I hope you're right! I can't wait to find out for sure.