2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

Congrats GeoMex!! :lol:

I also got an email form UT this morning! I'm not officiallly accepted, but I have been invited to attend the prospective student weekend Feb 21-24. Super excited!!

OMG congratulations !!!! 

Thank you 

Congrats GeoMex!! :lol:

I also got an email form UT this morning! I'm not officiallly accepted, but I have been invited to attend the prospective student weekend Feb 21-24. Super excited!!

Congratulations IamLorde! I'm sure you'll be accepted after that weekend, it's great news.

Were you emailed by yiur POI?

No, I was emailed by the program coordinator, why?

Cause I'm waiting for my email! :)

Well, it will come, and apparently the UTdirect page doesn't update yet, so don't rely on that.

Hi Teddy!  My email was from the graduate coordinator as well. Still haven't heard anything from my POI since December. 

I contacted mine telling him, even when he probably knew already. Maybe you should do the same?

Congrats to GeoMex and IamLorde. That is excellent news.

So, how many of us are going to the student weekend now? What are we thinking about it? Is it a formality to make sure we pass the eye test before an admission offer comes? Or is it more of an informal interview/competing for slots kind of thing? I think it's the former, but I'm curious to hear others opinions/experiences?

Are they paying for your visitation? If they are, I would think it is more important to go. If they aren't funding you I would be surprised if they used it as a large component of their admissions decisions.  

All the campus visits I did were paid for, and I had already been accepted, which is the way I think most geoscience programs do it.

edit: also everyone remember to update their profiles in this thread for future readers. 

Edited by GeoDUDE!

Congrats Geomex!!!!!! Such great news to start the week! Congrats to IamLorde as well!!!! And to everyone else who had good news!  :) 

@darkstar: I have a prospective student visit at Stanford. I'd like to think it is just a formality as well, especially based on the tone of the email I received. But I could also be totally wrong  :lol:. I did see someone post an acceptance for Stanford GES Master's. Congrats to that person! 

Has anyone heard anything from LSU, A&M or OU? I also applied to Colorado School of Mines and I understand that they've accepted a few people. Likewise I applied to UT and I understand they've already sent out emails for prospective student weekend.

Has anyone heard anything from LSU, A&M or OU? I also applied to Colorado School of Mines and I understand that they've accepted a few people. Likewise I applied to UT and I understand they've already sent out emails for prospective student weekend.

To some not all hopefully !

Congrats Geomex!!!!!! Such great news to start the week! Congrats to IamLorde as well!!!! And to everyone else who had good news!  :)

@darkstar: I have a prospective student visit at Stanford. I'd like to think it is just a formality as well, especially based on the tone of the email I received. But I could also be totally wrong  :lol:. I did see someone post an acceptance for Stanford GES Master's. Congrats to that person! 

Thank you.

I'm wondering if it would be good to ask to visit too, I'd like to meet more faculty members, my POI and some of the future students. Has anyone done this before or know about it?