2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

Painful days! I sleep everyday and hope the morning sun would bring some good news (yes I am from the other hemisphere) and all I see in my mailbox is junk, ads, Linkedin invites and anything that has nothing related to admissions. It gets real difficult to concentrate on work either!!!

Ehh!

Yes soooooo many and usless stuff from my school too. 

Virginia Tech got back to me and said no decision has been made on several applications and I'm one of them ! What does this mean ?!?! Are they hesitant to accept me ? Is this a sure rejection ?! :wacko:  

I think they are probably saying that either 1) they haven't been able to get to your application yet, and so you shouldn't be discouraged by hearing nothing from them yet, since they are still working through a backlog or 2) you are on the waitlist right now. Probably the first. I don't think it indicates a rejection either way. 

I think they are probably saying that either 1) they haven't been able to get to your application yet, and so you shouldn't be discouraged by hearing nothing from them yet, since they are still working through a backlog or 2) you are on the waitlist right now. Probably the first. I don't think it indicates a rejection either way. 

There's someone else on here that didn't hear from VT also but what are the odds of both of us being in this situation with 100+ applicants 

There's someone else on here that didn't hear from VT also but what are the odds of both of us being in this situation with 100+ applicants 

Nobody here can tell you, unless we have a sneaky VT adcom member in our midst. You could call next week and ask for more details on the situation. General advice is to keep the contact with the admit office as low as possible; if the wording of an email or something is keeping you up at night and a phone call to the office will answer it for you, then I'm all for making the phone call.

Its probably better just to take it at face value instead of pretending this is the DaVinci code. I mean, that will keep you from going crazy at least.

Yea I don't know though, I feel like they reviewed my application but don't know if they want me or not. I'm being nitpicky now but she said decision and not reviewed which leads me to thinking this. James, did you hear back yet ? 

Yea I don't know though, I feel like they reviewed my application but don't know if they want me or not. I'm being nitpicky now but she said decision and not reviewed which leads me to thinking this. James, did you hear back yet ? 

Not yet. I have a friend who got an interview though.

Even if they are still trying to decide on your application, it's still not a rejection.  I think it's much more likely that they want you, but they have to figure out funding.  That's really common. 

Even if they are still trying to decide on your application, it's still not a rejection.  I think it's much more likely that they want you, but they have to figure out funding.  That's really common. 

Omg please yes !

Anybody accepted in the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering CEAE Department and going to visitation day on Feb 27, 2015? I've rented a hotel (walking distance to the school and a car at the Denver International Airport). I was wondering if you want to split the cost of the hotel and rental car? Please let me know so I can give you details of my itinerary to see if yours match up with mine. Thanks!!!  

Had a skype chat with one of my POI a few days ago. He said my application was good and would be reviewed by the admission committee soon. He seemed willing to let me join his group. Obviously he's not in the committee and I really have no idea what decision the committee will make on me. Just wonder if my POI really wants me, is there a chance that he can affect the decision of the committee?

Has anyone heard anything from Lehigh? Thought I would've at least heard from them by now but still nothing from any of the schools I've applied to...It is a little comforting knowing I'm not alone. I have a feeling about next week, but I've also said that about the last two weeks. It just keeps dragging on.

Has anyone heard anything from Lehigh? Thought I would've at least heard from them by now but still nothing from any of the schools I've applied to...It is a little comforting knowing I'm not alone. I have a feeling about next week, but I've also said that about the last two weeks. It just keeps dragging on.

I heard back from Lehigh this week. It seems like the first round of acceptances has gone out. 

He emailed me back saying that he has no funding for a new student and that the chances of new funding being available are very slim. I'm guessing that this will be a sure rejection unless a miracle happens...........

Holy shit, did you see that guys stats? I am sooooo screwed.

Pretty sure it's a joke, though (and by somebody who didn't do their research... Harvard gives ABs and SBs, not BScs, and Harvard grads are usually fastidious about making the distinction, because for those in the know, it's a way of saying "I went to Harvard!" without having to say, "I went to Harvard.").

But it yanked some chains, so good for the poster.