Fall 2015 Applicants!

They sent me an email a few weeks ago and then also followed up with a packet in the mail aout a week later.  I wouldn't worry though I've only seen a few acceptances so far and know a lot of people are still waiting on them! do you know anything about the program?

Thanks for the info! No, not much. My brother went to St. John's for undergrad and it is a good school. I'm freaking out! I'm in LA but originally from NJ and since the schools in LA are nearly impossible to get into, I applied to schools back home too! I applied to Kean as well. I heard they sent out a couple of acceptances already, but I haven't received anything. I also applied to Montclair in the area. Congratulations on your acceptance to St. John's! I'm sure having at least one acceptances makes the wait process not as bad. I'm hoping for at least one! Good luck on the others! 

Thanks for the info! No, not much. My brother went to St. John's for undergrad and it is a good school. I'm freaking out! I'm in LA but originally from NJ and since the schools in LA are nearly impossible to get into, I applied to schools back home too! I applied to Kean as well. I heard they sent out a couple of acceptances already, but I haven't received anything. I also applied to Montclair in the area. Congratulations on your acceptance to St. John's! I'm sure having at least one acceptances makes the wait process not as bad. I'm hoping for at least one! Good luck on the others! 

Thanks! I also applied to kean and Montclair and haven't heard anything! the process sucks and i'm still waiting on a cheaper school because $1,200 a credit at st.johns is pretty steep but at least its something. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere, I know its stressful! Good luck to you too :)

Is it rude or would you look bad if your were to email a school asking when you will hear back if you've seen other people posting acceptances? I have one school that's really my top choice and someone got accepted yesterday, but only one person. I am getting so anxious!

You could call and ask.That way they don't know who you are :ph34r:

I got into NAU as well! Not sure if I am going to go there (waiting to hear from some distance programs) but I am super excited! I am a little older with 4 kids and hoping I don't feel totally out of place in a campus program. :) Congrats!

Just got my rejection from CSU San Marcos. Pretty devastated right now :( That was my last hope. 

Edited by mo~

I'm sorry Mo, that's really tough. The CSUs seem to be so crazy competitive.

Thank you I appreciate that.

Me too :(. I thought my interview went great too :(

I wasn't sure about the interview but now I'm seriously wondering what I did wrong and over analyzing everything. Good luck with all of your other schools!

Just got my rejection from CSU San Marcos. Pretty devastated right now :( That was my last hope. 

:( I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm not sure if you have your heart set on staying in california (where it's insanely competitive), but there are a handful of schools across the country that take spring applicants. I know it's not ideal, but it's worth a shot. 

:( I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm not sure if you have your heart set on staying in california (where it's insanely competitive), but there are a handful of schools across the country that take spring applicants. I know it's not ideal, but it's worth a shot. 

I am looking into some online programs now..next year I may have to apply to schools out of state. Thanks for your advice and kind words! 

Idk why you're being high and mighty about researching, the point of this forum is to help people going through this nerve-wracking process. I doubt what someone wants to hear after finding out they didn't receive any acceptances this season is "you have to do research cause I did, maybe I'll help a little if you PM me"

Anyways, mo~, if you do end up thinking about spring admissions, here's a partial list (copied from this thread: ):

Eastern NM University- 9/1

LIU Brooklyn-11/1

Lehman College (CUNY) 10/1

Kent State 11/1

Marquette 11/15

Nazareth 10/1

St. John's University 10/1

Valdosta State University 7/1

University of Texas, Pan American- 2/4

University of Texas, Dallas - 9/15

University of South Dakota-  10/15

University of Rhode Island - 10/15

University of Northern Iowa - 9/15

University of Nebraska, Omaha- 9/1

University of Missouri -10/15

University of Louisiana Monroe - 9/25

University of Kansas -10/15

University of Central Florida - 10/1

SUNY Cortland 7/1

Southeastern Louisiana University - 3/1

Penn State -2/1

Last hope? I am so sorry. :( You heard from CSUN already? I thought that they were sending out there decisions later?

Idk why you're being high and mighty about researching, the point of this forum is to help people going through this nerve-wracking process. I doubt what someone wants to hear after finding out they didn't receive any acceptances this season is "you have to do research cause I did, maybe I'll help a little if you PM me"

Anyways, mo~, if you do end up thinking about spring admissions, here's a partial list (copied from this thread: ):

Eastern NM University- 9/1

LIU Brooklyn-11/1

Lehman College (CUNY) 10/1

Kent State 11/1

Marquette 11/15

Nazareth 10/1

St. John's University 10/1

Valdosta State University 7/1

University of Texas, Pan American- 2/4

University of Texas, Dallas - 9/15

University of South Dakota-  10/15

University of Rhode Island - 10/15

University of Northern Iowa - 9/15

University of Nebraska, Omaha- 9/1

University of Missouri -10/15

University of Louisiana Monroe - 9/25

University of Kansas -10/15

University of Central Florida - 10/1

SUNY Cortland 7/1

Southeastern Louisiana University - 3/1

Penn State -2/1

well, you're just a better person than me. that's just all there is to it.  

So sorry...I know how devastating it can be to get rejected. Don't give up on graduate school if this is really what you want to do. Graduate programs have too many qualified applicants applying for a limited number of spots. Don't let this discourage you from pursing your dream of becoming an SLP. Keep bettering yourself in the time you have and I'm sure graduate programs would be lucky to have you! If this were an easy path many people would choose it. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't let your graduate admissions define your worth.

Keep in mind that many of the most successful people in the world are those who never took no for answer!

Edited by neuronparty

So sorry...I know how devastating it can be to get rejected. Don't give up on graduate school if this is really what you want to do. Graduate programs have too many qualified applicants applying for a limited number of spots. Don't let this discourage you from pursing your dream of becoming an SLP. Keep bettering yourself in the time you have and I'm sure graduate programs would be lucky to have you! If this were an easy path many people would choose it. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't let your graduate admissions define your worth.

I agree, there was one on here who applied 3 seasons, and finally got into an awesome school. UNM I think it was. There is always hope. 

Like others have said, it's really not! You can apply next year, and you'll have a whole additional year's worth of experience under your belt that will work to your advantage. Plus, those California schools are known for being even more hyper-competitive than the rest of the country! Unless you have your heart set on California (and I know there are good reasons to, especially if you want to work in California later in life), you can probably find some great programs that are affordable and you love in other places! But regardless, you'll be an even stronger applicant next year, because you'll have a whole 'nother year of experience. :) But you are not alone in having to apply for more than one application season, and having to apply more than once doesn't make you a worse applicant (or person!) than anyone else.