Fall 2015 Applicants!

Oh, I see you applied to Idaho State as well. I just got an e-mail from them saying they are expecting to have over 500 applicants, so that's a little discouraging. 

that's crazy!  I didn't hear about that.  where else did you apply?  is central arkansas your top choice?

I got the same email from Idaho State about the 500 applicants. Is that for distance too; I wonder? I had emailed to make sure they calculated my GPA correctly, (they did) and they said they will let people know around April, but that it is a long process.

I have one wait list for UWEC, so far.

On 2/21/2015 at 12:42 PM, lakegirl92 said:

that's crazy!  I didn't hear about that.  where else did you apply?  is central arkansas your top choice?

I also applied to University of Arkansas- Fayetteville, Western Washington , and Washington State. My top choice would be Western Washington because it's so close, but I feel like I have a better chance of getting into Central Arkansas. I probably won't even hear back from any of the schools until end of March or April. 

What will you guys study? I heard someone on this forum say 100 people were invited but I don't know if that's true (with about 34 spots). Have you guys heard if the interview is group/individual? And what do you guys think about the cleft palate grant? Do you think it will hurt our chances of getting in if we apply for the grant and don't get it-does that mean we don't get into the program?

I'm going to review a little bit of everything. They definitely test you on content knowledge from what I heard. I also heard they did both group and individual interviews last year. Not sure how different it will be this year. Last year they had a whole week of interviews, and this year only one day. Interesting. 

Edited by anxiousnworryin

Just heard that Portland State University will begin to look at applications this coming week. They received over 600 applications.  :unsure:

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  You've got to be kidding me?! Ugh. Isn't that nearly double more than they received last year? 

Just heard that Portland State University will begin to look at applications this coming week. They received over 600 applications.  :unsure:

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  You've got to be kidding me?! Ugh. Isn't that nearly double more than they received last year? 

Wow, that's an insane number! When I look on ASHA edfind, it looks like they received around 320 in the past. Ohmeohmy2002 - did you hear this from admissions?

Oh my. Well... good thing I applied to places other than Portland. Did they give you any idea how long it would take to review so many applications??

Unfortunately, no.  I have no idea why the jump in the number of applications this year. Maybe applicants are throwing their nets wider and farther? Last year the first acceptance letters went out March 7th. I'm not expecting to be one of those, but it will be exciting when things start moving along and we can see where we are at.  :P

It sure would be nice if they got responses out that early but I feel like that is probably unlikely. The waiting is just starting to get to me.

I hear you! My husband is already making fun of me and my obsession with gradcafe. I told him that it's bound to get worse before it gets better.  :wacko:

Are you doing post-bacc or undergrad at PSU? hah yeah I definitely check it a lot more than I should as well, but it helps me feel like I can at least do something rather than sit around waiting. Well if you hear any updates about when to expect answers please feel free to let me know :) it would be much appreciated! Good luck to you! Stay strong!!

I think someone posted about it earlier, but I highly recommend the GradCafe Paranoid app. If you want to feed your compulsive tendencies it's a great way to do that. It is basically the "Results" section right on your phone. My anxiety is loving how convenient it is to peruse the results section now. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Are you doing post-bacc or undergrad at PSU? hah yeah I definitely check it a lot more than I should as well, but it helps me feel like I can at least do something rather than sit around waiting. Well if you hear any updates about when to expect answers please feel free to let me know :) it would be much appreciated! Good luck to you! Stay strong!!

I'm an undergrad. Thanks for the encouragement...good luck to you, as well!!

Just got an interview with CSUSM!! Soo excited but nervous now. Anyone else get one, or know anything about the interview process there? Is it group or individual? Thank you!

Great! Good for you and good luck. I did not get an interview but rather an email from CSUSM staying:

"The Admissions Board has completed its review of applications and has made its selection for the first

round of interviews. If you have not received email notification indicating that you were selected for an

interview, we will update you on the status of your application by March 4th."

I was wondering and wanted to get peoples's thoughts on if you feel that basically I am rejected at this point or not? What do you think they mean when they say "...the first round of interviews..."  Does that mean there is still hope for me or not?  Does that mean that there will be another around of interviews or am I simply reading to much into this? Thanks. 

Omg. I applied to portland as well. Got my first rejection from Tennessee and it isnt looking good. I just need to get accepted to one school. Ahhh! Feeling so hopeless and stressed now!

You have good solid stats. It's too early to feel hopeless! One thing to remember is that very few people get accepted into every program they apply to and almost everyone is going to feel the sting of a rejection. Hang in there and good luck!

I think someone posted about it earlier, but I highly recommend the GradCafe Paranoid app. If you want to feed your compulsive tendencies it's a great way to do that. It is basically the "Results" section right on your phone. My anxiety is loving how convenient it is to peruse the results section now. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Thanks for telling me about the app! I will definitely be downloading it! My husband makes fun of me too for constantly checking but the waiting is driving me crazy and it's nice to feel like you can checking SOMETHING at least ha and it's nice to have other people that can relate. The high numbers of applicants that people are posting about (like at PSU) are making me nervous. Double the applicants?! This is obviously a sign that undergrad programs need to either accept less people or that they need to expand graduate programs. It seems unfair to us the way it is currently. Anyone else agree?