Fall 2015 Applicants!

Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone on this forum! 

Congrats, bindlestiff! Keeping my fingers crossed too as UW-Madison is one of my top choices :) Did you get the e-mail from Maureen or like a generic UW e-mail? 

Guys I got my first acceptance! I'm so relieved, I can stop torturing myself now!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from UW-Madison--any idea how they do it? In waves, or something? I've been talking to them about their PhD program pretty regularly because I applied to the MS/PhD combo, so I wonder if that's why I haven't heard anything. Agh, so much stuff happening behind the scenes!

So does MGH primarily focus on scores when deciding who to admit?

They focus on overall picture of the candidate. They are looking for a diverse class and unique individuals. Good scores obviously would not hurt, but they are not the focus like other schools. They are looking for people that want to go there and are interested in what they offer as a school.  

Congrats, bindlestiff! Keeping my fingers crossed too as UW-Madison is one of my top choices :) Did you get the e-mail from Maureen or like a generic UW e-mail? 

Thanks Mahiray! I got an email from Maureen with the subject "UW-Madison Offer of Admission." She said I'd been recommended for admission and invited me to an open house in March. There were two attachments -- an invite to the open house, and an "acceptance decision sheet" that they want back before April 15th. She also said she's mailing a hard copy of my decision letter.

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from UW-Madison--any idea how they do it? In waves, or something? I've been talking to them about their PhD program pretty regularly because I applied to the MS/PhD combo, so I wonder if that's why I haven't heard anything. Agh, so much stuff happening behind the scenes!

Thank you pmarie! Unfortunately I'm not sure how they do it -- I'm sorry I can't be of more help! However, for UMD College Park I did go through and look at the different dates/waves. UMD acceptances started showing up on the results page last week, so of course I started freaking out. Here is the info I hunted down for UMD on the results page, in case you'd like to get on the same level of obsession for UW-Madison.

1059xkm.jpg

Edited by bindlestiff

Interview for The University Of New Mexico! So happy to have at least gotten an interview. After being a non-degree and experiencing the program first hand, I have to admit, I would love to be apart of this program. There are so many reasons why. Fingers crossed xx wishing you all luck!

Edited by jenbugg86

@scsil006 They left me a message today but I was in class so I have to schedule it tomorrow! Don't freak out I have had one before and it is very casual and it goes so fast. They are very nice and don't ask you anything that you wouldn't know the answer to! You should be excited it means we made it to the top 70! Or at least that's what I was told the year prior. I guess it depends how many applicants they had. Anyway congrats and best of luck!

Edited by jenbugg86

Just found out that one of my professors that wrote me an LOR for all three schools I applied to wrote the wrong name in the body of the paragraph of her letter for me. So screwed and bummed! I just lost all hope. :(

Almost the same thing happened to me...except she wrote the wrong school in the LOR. Hopefully she didn't do this for ALL of my schools but I will keep my fingers crossed for the both of us...

Holly44, no, I've never heard of it: what and where is it?

Thanks!

Just search for it in your App Store on your phone. It basically just shows the list of schools that people on grad cafe have submitted regarding acceptances, rejections, etc. You can either search by speech or put in your school name plus speech :-)

Edited by Holly44

UW-Madison hopefuls, if you have not received an e-mail yet, chances are you're out of luck :(:( Sadly, in my correspondence with UW-Madison, I was informed that all acceptance/waitlist e-mails have already been sent :(

Awaiting the bad news via post mail now I guess  :(

Hey fellow speechies! Just wondering if anybody applied to any of my schools/ got an answer back from them.The waiting game is KILLING me.

University of South Florida, William Patterson, New York Medical College, The College of Saint Rose, Long Island University-Post, Duquesne University, Edinboro University, Temple University, LaSalle University, University of Houston, University of Texas-El Paso, Radford University, Longwood University, Old Dominion University, Southern CT State University

Awaiting on 16 schools for Summer/Fall Admission

UW-Madison hopefuls, if you have not received an e-mail yet, chances are you're out of luck :(:( Sadly, in my correspondence with UW-Madison, I was informed that all acceptance/waitlist e-mails have already been sent :(

Awaiting the bad news via post mail now I guess  :(

This is not the case if you also applied to the PhD program, by the way!