Fall 2015 Applicants!

I sent them last week. The ones from my current college went out last Thursday, and the ones from my community college on Monday.

If I call CSDCAS, can they do anything? I'm considering applying to MGH, which has a verified deadline of 1/1. Since GRE is in (and I can get essays), would they put the app on the verifying list even though transcripts aren't in just yet?

ah, yeah, they probably haven't received/processed them yet, especially with the holiday. I thought maybe it had been longer. But yeah, they won't verify until they receive the transcripts.

however, they're verifying 11/24 submissions right now so they are not that backlogged it seems, I'm thinking it might not take the full 4 weeks to verify? You will probably be OK for MGH, I have a friend who's in the same boat as you except that he's not going to finish his essays for a couple of days, and is also trying to get verified for MGH

ah, yeah, they probably haven't received/processed them yet, especially with the holiday. I thought maybe it had been longer. But yeah, they won't verify until they receive the transcripts.

however, they're verifying 11/24 submissions right now so they are not that backlogged it seems, I'm thinking it might not take the full 4 weeks to verify? You will probably be OK for MGH, I have a friend who's in the same boat as you except that he's not going to finish his essays for a couple of days, and is also trying to get verified for MGH

Good to hear! I think I have a chance at MGH!

MY BIG ISSUE THAT KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT... My GRE. V:149, Q:149, AW 4.5 

**Will these scores keep me out of FSU?

Your scores are below the stated minimums of V:150 & Q:150

http://commdisorders.cci.fsu.edu/academic-programs-admissions/masters-main-campus/

Study your *** off and retake the GRE

Hi fellow Fall 2015 applicants! 

Anyone have any idea if the order you submit things in matters? I have a running checklist going of things I need for each program I'm applying to and figured it'd be easiest to send GRE scores and transcripts right away but was wondering if I should do that AFTER I actually submit the application?

Thanks!

Hey, I kinda have the same question. Is it okay to send stuff before submitting your application? Does anyone know?

My guess it that it should be okay... They should compile your stuff. Just don't know for sure. It would be nice to submit transcripts and GREs now, due to processing time.

So I JUST signed up! Thank you for starting this page! I need some advice and reassurance! 

1. I am in my prerequisite program for SLP. I graduated from my undergrad with a 3.7 overall, 3.7 (last 60 as well) in Early Childhood Education

2. Played two collegiate sports

3. Gained over 300+ hours of working with students between preschool and third grade

4. Full-time employee of a VPK (pre-school)

5. Director of a developmental youth soccer program

6. Pioneered a research program in my undergraduate involving hearing impaired individuals and their social, educational, personal hurdles they face and overcome which opened up a new gate for fellow ECE undergrads at my previous institution

7. Assisted in a fine/gross motor developmental program at a gym for toddlers

MY BIG ISSUE THAT KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT... My GRE. V:149, Q:149, AW 4.5 

**Will these scores keep me out of FSU? FSU has been my dream for YEARS. Now, my future hubby works there in athletics and my sister attends in the Honors program. Does that have any bearing on admissions? 

Thank you for hearing my rant! Best of luck to ALL. 

Stats: Undergrad: Malone University, Canton, OH, Current GPA: 3.83 Pre-req program through FSU, GRE: 149v, 149q, 4.5AW

Applying: FSU (FL), UF (FL), SHU (NJ), JU (FL), UCF (FL)

Accepted: (n/a)

Denied: (n/a)

Waitlist: (n/a)

You've got this! Guess you can't guess who this is? lol

Your scores are below the stated minimums of V:150 & Q:150

http://commdisorders.cci.fsu.edu/academic-programs-admissions/masters-main-campus/

Study your *** off and retake the GRE

Yes, I saw that; however, it was "recommended." I know people who work for the program and are affiliated with the grad app process who said that they are looking to get rid of the GRE totally much like other schools. I was moreso asking if anyone actually got accepted with lower than 150, 150.

Hey, I kinda have the same question. Is it okay to send stuff before submitting your application? Does anyone know?

My guess it that it should be okay... They should compile your stuff. Just don't know for sure. It would be nice to submit transcripts and GREs now, due to processing time.

Yeah, you can, but a couple of schools told me to make an account or w/e with my DOB and basic info at least so it was easier to match to my file, but it should be fine.

This morning I got fed up and rush ordered my transcripts via FedEx. The original ones also showed up today.

The universe is trolling me. But I'm glad that I can submit as soon as I can let go of my SOP.

Yeah, you can, but a couple of schools told me to make an account or w/e with my DOB and basic info at least so it was easier to match to my file, but it should be fine.

Yup - I sent my GRE scores. Transcripts are next. This gives a nice cushion for inevitable delays in "processing". :rolleyes:

I just submitted my application! All my transcripts and letters are in, GRE scores are in, and now I'm just freaking out for the next few months. I keep rechecking to make sure I didn't make some stupid mistake, but too late now! 

I just submitted my application! All my transcripts and letters are in, GRE scores are in, and now I'm just freaking out for the next few months. I keep rechecking to make sure I didn't make some stupid mistake, but too late now! 

Congrats on having your apps in! Also you have a 4.0 gpa - nicely done!! Good luck!

My professor is taking a long time to submit the letters. I'm very concerned. I asked months ago and even went to the office but still no updates on the account. So frustrating!!

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone else has plans to apply to CSUS (Sacramento) for Fall 2015. I'm really anxious about their tedious application requirements. On top of a really lengthy and complex essay response they want a 10min video as well.

Has anybody had any experience with this before? And if so, how did you go about it?

-Kat

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone else has plans to apply to CSUS (Sacramento) for Fall 2015. I'm really anxious about their tedious application requirements. On top of a really lengthy and complex essay response they want a 10min video as well.

Has anybody had any experience with this before? And if so, how did you go about it?

-Kat

A video?!! That's crazy, I have never heard of that before for grad admissions.

Hi!

-Kat

Before I saw the video requirement I was planning on applying there, but that combined with the essay prompt made me decide to go for another CSU. Which is probably part of the reason behind it - to make sure those who apply are really, really interested in/committed to the program. I just don't care enough about going to CSUS to put in the extra effort.

3rd time applying!! Agh! 2 years as an apprentice, bilingual multicultural literacy camps, early intervention in the home, 4.0 non-degree graduate degree, 3.78 SHS major, 3.4 overall. GRE sucks .... I guess we will see if this year it will happen or if I need to accept that I have done my best but I have to move on..

3rd time applying!! Agh! 2 years as an apprentice, bilingual multicultural literacy camps, early intervention in the home, 4.0 non-degree graduate degree, 3.78 SHS major, 3.4 overall. GRE sucks .... I guess we will see if this year it will happen or if I need to accept that I have done my best but I have to move on..

I know the feeling. The GRE does suck. I am scheduled to take it for the 3rd in January.It is silly that so much emphasis is put on this test! I took two graduate courses in SLP as a non-matriculated student and made the grade. This test has absolutely no bearing on how one does in graduate school! 

Hi Everyone!

I recently submitted my application for Ohio State on CSDCAS for Fall 2015.  I read on the website that the department will email you with the supplement once your CSDCAS application is received.  According to their website, there is a supplemental essay that is due February 1st.  Does anyone know anything about this essay or has anyone already received their supplement prompt? Any information would help me!

Thanks!

@arabicabeans...I am way too paranoid to apply to only one school.  :huh:

My GRE scores are not competitive at all...145Q and 155V so I'm hoping my 3.94 GPA in CSD courses makes up for it. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Holly44